• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are you able to "chill" in Disney??

marivaid

My mother is a Pluto molester.
I don't mean literally, although with that heat it would be nice :)
But are you able to spend a day at your resort and not go to a park at all that day ?

Our group will be at CSR for 2 1/2 days, and we only plan to go to a park for one day. Everyone but me wants to spend one day at the resort to "chill".
I love CSR, it's a great resort, and I can see spending a couple hours at the pool, but a WHOLE DAY??
I'm thinking of deserting them and heading to Epcot instead.

In theory I could stay at the resort all day and enjoy it. But under your circumstances I would find it ridiculous not to go to the park another day.

it is your vacation! You can absolutely just chill for a day.. head to DTD for some food and fun! Or just hang by your pool all day!

Your vacation.. your plans! have a blast! :)

I really want to "chill" at WDW, but no way. I can't do it! The most "chilling" we did was order room service for breakfast on the last morning of our stay. Otherwise, it's up at 6:30am for an 8am ADR somewhere. I'm the person who plans on just doing 3-4 hours in a park then chilling at the resort. But, on my way out, the line for some attraction is so short we just have to go on. Then, there's the show that starts in 20 minutes and voila, we spend 8 hours at the park.

We're going back in Nov. and I want just one day of hanging around the resort.

BTW, I don't even like going to DTD. I go but only for a couple hours one night of the stay. It's valuable park time.

It is ridiculous especially since we have something like 12 days at the beach after that. Plenty of time to swim and relax then.

In case of that, I don't think that a "chill" day is really necessary! But as already said here, you can do what you want, it's your vacation.

When I was at WDW the last time, we saw a group of 20year-olds that spend a day at the ASMu pool and went to the park at 6pm - really relaxed. I wish I could be that relaxed, too.

It is ridiculous especially since we have something like 12 days at the beach after that. Plenty of time to swim and relax then.

Sounds like you've got your mind made up. I give you permission to quote me when the rest of your group starts ragging on you for ditching them. :wizard:

I can't do it. I've tried it and didn't like it at all, even throwing in DTD for part of the day. My "chill" time is in the afternoons or evenings, depending on the season. I normally go to the parks for RD and am done by 1:00 or 2:00 p.m. I head back to the resort and relax until dinner or sometimes go to a park for evening entertainment.

Usually take the time to have a massage then head over to Downtown Disney for shopping. Always have to go back to a park for a parade or fireworks or something! Just can't stay away ... you can "chill" when you get back home :rotfl2: ... way to much fun to be had at the Parks! :tink:

We cant afford to "chill". We will scrimp and save every penny we can (inc. 1/2 my student loan for university) and still will have just enough.

Each day is precious to us when we are there. My family likes DTD, I dont, really. I do LOVE the pool, it helps with my Psoriasis when on holiday, but we go to the pool in the afternoon.

We always "chill" a bit when we are at Disney although we usually don't spend an entire day doing it. We prefer to do 1/2 days.

The first time we took the youngest kids we didn't "chill" at all because we weren't sure when we might go back. But everyone enjoyed the trip so much that we now try to go at least once a year if not more. Since we now know we will be back in the reasonable near future we don't struggle with feeling guilty for "chilling."

If all I had were 2-1/2 days, I'd probably do the parks both days. But if I were there for, say, a week and staying at Fort Wilderness...yeah, I'd skip a day (or two!) at the parks.

But are you able to spend a day at your resort and not go to a park at all that day ?

Our group will be at CSR for 2 1/2 days, and we only plan to go to a park for one day. Everyone but me wants to spend one day at the resort to "chill".
I love CSR, it's a great resort, and I can see spending a couple hours at the pool, but a WHOLE DAY??

I met and fell in love with a disney commando. One early trip together we split the trip - first half commando - second half "stop and smell the roses".

We are lucky to travel to WDW or DL often each year. I have to admit that makes it easier for us to say.....hey, the line is long today, we can catch it next time.

We dine with friends in Orlando - play golf - sleep in after a late night.....and basically have a wonderful time.

There is more to a disney holiday than just visiting the parks.

We have done it lots of times. We sleep in, have a leisurely breakfast or early lunch, sit by the pool, do some sort of activity (rent a sea raycer), maybe go to downtown Disney, some drinks by the pool, shower and change for dinner.

With the crazy heat we've been having lately, I was just speaking with DW yesterday about this exact topic. I don't think we will be able to, at the end of the day I would just end up telling myself - we can do the pool anywhere, why waste a perfectly good Disney Day.

But I would like to be able to, I just don't think I could.

No problem chilling for us. We go for 2 weeks at a time, at least 3 times a year (often more). We like to stay at the BWV or BCV and our chill time is strolling over to EPCOT and picking up a margarita and sitting on a bench and people watching. Since we go so often, we don't have any must dos. We relax and kick back. Since we are AP holders we find ourselves going over to a park just to catch one ride or a show some days.

We always work in a day or two to just "chill" while at Disney. Usually, we'll do 2 park days back to back, and then take a day off. This year, we're doing AK, EP, day off for DTD, MK (with eveingin EMHs), Day off for pool/sleeping in, DHS, MK, then head home.

For me, it's not vacation unless I'm relaxing at some point. I can't go running form hither to yon without a little down time inbetween!

We ALWAYS make time to just hang out at our resort and enjoy the pools, every day.That is the most relaxing down time for us. Last trip, we went to the parks early and came back to the resort for lunch and pool time. This trip, we're doing the pool before lunch and heading the parks after lunch and staying all day. The thought of sleeping in, getting some coffee and heading down to the pool every morning sounds AMAZING to us!:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter