• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are You A WA State Dis'er??

Sorry to intrude :blush:. I just wanted to state how envious I am of you all. I'm watching a program on Hood right now on the travel channel. But I'm moving to Vancouver next summer. :cool1:

sameyeyam: very cute story :goodvibes

noodles said:
Ethans Mom: Are you going to the races? DH works for one of the teams and we go to the Tri-Cities race every year!

Yes, we'll be hitting either the time trials on Fri. or go to the races on Sat. with my family. It's the weekend before Ethan's 5th birthday and he's looking forward to going to the boat races for his birthday. :goodvibes

We'll also go to the big Art Sidewalk Sale at Howard Amon Park in Richland that weekend. And my Mom says there are some Wine and Jazz fest events going on too.

It'll be great to visit. I just wish it were easier to get to the TriCities -- takes a full day of travel in airplanes each way, which is pretty rough with young kids.

Gee, nobody from the east side?? I live in VA now, much closer to the other WA but was raised in Yakima. Most of my family is still scattered in Kennewick, Selah, Ellensburg and Seattle.

Wow. It is really nice to see that there are so many WA'ers out there. I am now a Spokane resident but grew up in Kelso.

:wave:

Shugardrawers said:
Gee, nobody from the east side?? I live in VA now, much closer to the other WA but was raised in Yakima. Most of my family is still scattered in Kennewick, Selah, Ellensburg and Seattle.

I lived in Selah as a small child. From about 3-5 years old. Graduated from Kennewick high. Now I'm in the Seattle area.

See by my location, I always say WA state when I tell people where I'm from. It doesn't bother me, it just seems logical. It always bugs me when people say they're going to Vancouver and don't say which one - that can be very confusing when you live half way between the two!

I live on the Olympic Penninsula, but I usually tell people I'm from "the Seattle area" when I'm somewhere far away.

Shugardrawers said:

Maybe you missed my post in the middle of all these westsiders, but I'm from the SUNNY side of the state! :sunny: We live at the base of the Cascades and have the Columbia River here as well. Since I'm originally from the flat lands of Texas, this is HEAVEN to me (skiing in the mountains in the winter and on the water in the summer...WOW). I love, love, love almost everything about our little Eastern WA town (I wish we had better health care here...but they can medvac serious problems to Seattle).

I'm a new arrival to WA--just moved to Bothell. Looks like there's at least 3 of us there :)

So far so good, we're loving our house and exploring the area. I'd love any newcomer tips :)

Saying :wave: from the eastern side of the state! I just booked AKL for our November trip today..... time will start moving very slowly now.

Bekkiz: Welcome!! I have lived here all my life, if you have any questions about anything in the area just ask. I would love to help!

Ethans Mom: We have a son that turns 5 today! DH says if you're DS would be interested in seeing the boat up close to let me know!

Luv'sTink said:
Just curious........Do you go to Disneyland or Disney World more?

We go to WDW more. I used to go to WDW each year as a kid (Grandparents that lived in Florida) and going still holds a special place. When I was a teen we took many trips to DL w/ friends and it was never the same as WDW. I guess I was just spoiled? It's a little less to go to WDW and I like the hotels/food/parks better.

Olallamom said:
I will be going to the world in October for the F&W festival.
Taking my sister along for her first trip, she lives in Maple Valley.

When are you going? My friend and I are doing a girls only trip this October...and I live in Maple Valley! How funny :banana: I'll be the tree hugger Drinking Around The World!

Alice28 said:
HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!
ough!

Lately we have been going to WDW more! The airfare is always the same or CHEAPER to fly to Orlando than Orange County! What the heck!? And the hotel deals are better too, since we can qualify for Shades of Green. And I agree, the food is better at WDW! :teeth:
:wave:

I would love to take my family to DL, but I too find the airfare is always cheaper to Orlando than OC. I have been considering using the Travelocity weekend/last minute specials, because they seem to run $250-$300 per person (airfare & hotel). Has anyone booked one of Travelocity's last minute specials? If so, how did it go?

Also, I think it's time we complain to PDX about the lack of non-stop flights to Orlando! I for one and sick & tired of stopping and changing planes. I really don't want to drive clear up to Seattle, pay for parking and pay double price for Alaska Airlines non-stop to Orlando.

bekkiz said:
I'm a new arrival to WA--just moved to Bothell. Looks like there's at least 3 of us there :)

So far so good, we're loving our house and exploring the area. I'd love any newcomer tips :)

:wave: I went to high school in Bothell but we moved out further east a few years ago. Of course now that we've moved it seems we're always in Bothell between pre-school, swim lessons, and soccer practice/games! :moped:

sameyeyam said:
I would love to take my family to DL, but I too find the airfare is always cheaper to Orlando than OC. I have been considering using the Travelocity weekend/last minute specials, because they seem to run $250-$300 per person (airfare & hotel). Has anyone booked one of Travelocity's last minute specials? If so, how did it go?

Also, I think it's time we complain to PDX about the lack of non-stop flights to Orlando! I for one and sick & tired of stopping and changing planes. I really don't want to drive clear up to Seattle, pay for parking and pay double price for Alaska Airlines non-stop to Orlando.

FYI- I realize some people detest Southwest Airlines, but I love 'em. From PDX, they have a flight that only *stops* in Kansas City, you do NOT have to change planes! It's almost a direct flight, as you are on the ground about 30 minutes. We have done this route 4 times since 2003 (we are SPOILED!) and it's so great- same on the way back too. AND 3 of the 4 times, we have gotten it UNDER $100 each way. Twice we got it for about $84 each way! :yay: :yay: OH, and it leaves PDX about 7AM and gets to MCO about 4:15- not bad. Return it leaves MCO around 5 PM and gets to PDX at 9. I like that it gives you an extra half day in the parks on final day.

Wow, thanks for the tip!

I wonder if it would be worth the drive down to PDX. I wonder where I would leave my car.

FreshTressa said:
Wow, thanks for the tip!

I wonder if it would be worth the drive down to PDX. I wonder where I would leave my car.

Long term parking is either $8 or 9 a day. There are also hotels around (I think one is a Radisson?) where you can stay overnight one night, and then leave your car there for 30 days. I think it was only $60 a night, so for our 10 day trip we did 3 years ago, it made sense just to stay there since we had to be at the airport at o'dark thirty anyway.

I may have to check SWA for our next trip. Last time we flew Alaska and got tickets for $275 per person, but this time we have to buy five tickets. I loved the non-stop flight on Alaska though!

Tressa - if you decide to fly out of PDX see how much it would be to rent a car and return it down there. We usually rent a car, pick it up the day before and return it to the airport when we depart. Costs us less than parking and less than one of the airporter services!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter