Are you a stickler for time?

NikitaZee

DIS Veteran
I don't mean appointments, work, etc. I'm talking about if someone tells they'll be over in an hour, and they show up in an hour and twenty minutes. Just casual things, that there's no rigid schedule. I find myself mentally sticking to timetables and always waiting for people who are more casual about time than me. I'm trying to stop, I just end frustrating myself over dumb stuff!

I am a professional scheduler so time have become very important to me over the years. We have friends that are always late for dinner, so, knowing this we bring things loaded on the iPad/iPhones or we just settle in at the bar.

I can't control others and I value their friendship in other ways.

But I do NOTICE. I try really hard for it to not bother me.;)

I'm a stickler too. I figure that other people are busy and don't have time to wait on me and I expect the same.

I can count on one hand the number of times I have been late, and it is always because of something (someone) outside of my control (ie a adult LOL). I have Asperger's though, it is hard for me to bend my own rules LOL. When I know a person well enough to know they will be consistently late (like my mother) it does not bother me to much.

I'm a stickler too. I figure that other people are busy and don't have time to wait on me and I expect the same.

ITA! My DH is the complete opposite and it annoys me to no end. I just feel like it is completely disrespectful to make someone else wait for you. I can understand if an emergency comes up or something, but I'm talking about ppl. (my dh included) who are just late on a regular basis.

I'm always on time and my husband is always late. Makes me a bit crazy. I don't care about people arriving late to my house by 15 minutes or so, I actually expect it. I don't like when people are early.

If someone tells me they will be over in an hour... then I expect them in an hour give or take 5 minutes. It is rude to keep me waiting for an hour and 20 minutes.

ITA! I just feel like it is completely disrespectful to make someone else wait for you. I can understand if an emergency comes up or something, but I'm talking about ppl. who are just late on a regular basis.

I agree absolutely!! Chronic lateness is simply rude and disrespectful.

ITA! My DH is the complete opposite and it annoys me to no end. I just feel like it is completely disrespectful to make someone else wait for you. I can understand if an emergency comes up or something, but I'm talking about ppl. (my dh included) who are just late on a regular basis.

Yep, my DH is the reason for this thread! Waiting for him now, ha!

I was, until I had kids.

If we were supposed to be somewhere at a certain time, we were there to the minute. Drove some of our friends nuts, because when they said "be here in an hour".....they really meant "be here in 90 minutes so we have time to get ready"

Work, well, I've seen people fired for being 10 seconds late, so that's a different world.

I'm dependable and that means being on time.

I was raised by parents who were on time.

My husband on the other hand is from a family of "we show up when we finally get there".:confused3 Thankfully they do show up on time for ceremonies, but not much else.

Many times me and kids have waited in the car for husband to do whatever when we had to leave to go somewhere.

Definitely a stickler here...sometimes to others benefit, and sometimes to my detriment.

I do try and loosen up a little more on it these days.

LilyWDW said:
If someone tells me they will be over in an hour... then I expect them in an hour give or take 5 minutes. It is rude to keep me waiting for an hour and 20 minutes.

Yes I agree. I cant stand it when ppl are late. My friends know this about me. Im always on time. I expect the same.

No, not really...I'm kinda willy nilly about things:rolleyes1

I get to places when I am expected. I think it is completely rude for people to have a relaxed attitude with time when meeting others. I have a friend that is always late nd never apologizes for it. Recently I bought tickets for an event and they were so late that I left and told them I'd meet them there. It's not fair, or respectful, to not take other people into consideration.

Before the cellphone days, I had to "divorce" a couple of good friends because I just couldn't depend on them to get anywhere on time (or sometimes even show up at all). We'd plan to meet at 12:00 and I'd still be sitting there at 12:45, wondering if they would be showing up in five minutes, full of lame apologies, or whether I'd still be sitting there at 1:45. I just came to my senses one day and realized that if I wasn't important enough for them to get there at a reasonable time, then I needed to spend my time with friends to whom I WAS important enough. Bar an broken leg or an automobile accident, I have always done everything I can do to be somewhere on time. That's just my "thang". Obviously, it's not everyone else's. Thank goodness, you can now call Ms. or Mr. Late and ask them WHERE THE H-E-DOUBLE-HOCKEYSTICKS they are.

Yes, I am very prompt and punctual. I always show up early for everything. Unfortunately it seems that most people I know are not. My DH seems to have no concept of time however. It drives me crazy.

I am always late. I try to work on it, but I never seem to be good about it. If my friends say "Be there in an hour" , I give them 2 hours before I get irritated. Most of my friends run about 10-30 minutes behind schedule, so I don't stress. If there is an important engagement I try my hardest to be early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter