Are you a creature of habit or do you like new things?

jenrose66

DIS Veteran
Hi all. I'm staying at POP this September. The only resort I've ever stayed at was POFQ (3 previous times). I love this resort, it just feels like Disney to me. I would have picked this resort again had a budget not been an issue. I'm excited about my trip and POP looks nice, but I'm just kind of sad that I'm not staying at POFQ. I guess if we saved really hard, we could probably make up the difference in price. Do you think it's worth the price increase, or is it good to try something new?

We love to try different places. My goal is to stay at all the resorts at least once. We do have favorites, but it is fun to stay someplace new. It also depends on our mood. Sometimes we want the "deluxe" experience. However, this past trip, we felt like bright colors, big pools, food courts, and all the "Disney" that goes along with a value resort (Deluxes are "Disney," but just in a different way). We really had a great time at POP. Give it a try--I think you will like it!

I would love love love to try every resort, BUT at the same time I cannot spend $250/night to sleep somewhere when POP is just down the street. We stayed POFQ last summer and LOVED IT! Great pool, great transportation etc. I'd like to try another mod. in Oct if a good code comes out, but again, then I'd save THAT much more at POP.

I'm actually in the same boat, we have stayed at the Pop twice and we really enjoyed it. I have two boys and it's a lot of fun, the colors, the pools and it really feels "disney". For free dining we are going to be trying something new, we want to do moderate, and we decided on POFQ. I am excited, and my utimate goal is to stay at all the resorts.
I think you'll really enjoy Pop, the only reason we are upgrading is b/c my hubby hated the beds at Pop. They are very hard, so be warned, but other than that, we love the Pop.
Good Luck!

I'm the kind of person that HATES change. For a long time the only resort my family and I stayed at was the Wilderness Lodge, which I loved. Since then money has gotten tight, so the last few times we've gone we stayed at other places. A few years ago I stayed at POFQ and found myself pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it. Since then I've adopted the belief that, when it comes to Disney, any change is likely to be a good change. I'll be staying at POR in 2 days and I'm really looking forward to it.

That being said, I can understand missing a resort because you like it so much. I still miss WL and wouldn't pass up a chance to stay there if I had the means.

I'm a creature of habit. But, if my resort wasn't available or I could not swing it financially, I would definately stay somewhere else to go.

My entire family loved Pop! I grew up at deluxe resorts, but Pop is definately my favorite.

The only resort I've ever stayed at was POFQ (3 previous times). I love this resort, it just feels like Disney to me.
Jenrose

While I agree that POFQ is a great resort, How do you know that another resort wouldn't have the same feelings or even more.

I am a creature of habit, I like to try new things...My motto is:

How do you know which resort is best, if you haven't tried the rest?

I'm working at staying at each Disney resort. I only have four left to stay at, but that will be three in a few weeks.

Go for the new resort Pop is so much fun. Then branch out and try other resorts every other trip. Then you'll know that POFQ is the best match for you and your family. Remember you can always visit POFQ during your upcoming trip.

I'm definitely a creature of habit. Although I love a deluxe resort when I go on vacation elsewhere, when I'm at Disney - it's POP! We're staying in a condo off-site this fall, but I added on a couple of days at POP. We planned a short trip to AKL; I added on 4 days at POP. Have our first Disney cruise scheduled for next spring. I added 3 extra days at POP. This summer my DGD is going to day camp at Sea World. After shopping around, I just decided we could get a good rate at POP, rent a car for the drive back and forth, and do TL & BB.

So, of course, I think you should give POP a chance. It's just a fun place. But go into it realizing that you're not getting all the amenities. If you'll miss having a hot tub, pool slide, room service (do not try the pizza delivery :sick:) or nice big comfy beds, POP may not be the place to try.

POFQ looks like a great place. I'd love to try it sometime in 08 - but it will probably be a split stay with POP! :rotfl:

No, we are pretty much creatures of habit. DH always insists on a queen sized bed. We did take the dolphin for 2 nights and although we loved the resort it was hades for the 2 teen ds too who were ready to kill each other by morning. We have been to Polynesian, Swan, Dolphin, Contemporary, AKL (the ds have requested never again here) Yacht Club and Beach Club. I am trying to talk them into Wilderness Lodge, but ds says too many trees for his asthma and DH is trying to talk me into Grand Floridian, I say too, too expensive for sure!!

We make it a habit to try something different. ;)

We have our favorites, but we also make sure to do other things too. It extends our comfort zone.

When it comes to resorts, I'm a creature of budget, not habit!

I would probably stay at ASMU on every trip, but fluctuating specials often lead me off-site to various places, and sometimes to Pop Century when there is a special.

I do enjoy checking out new places, though, so I guess it's good that my budget gives me a kick in the pants once in a while.

Creature of Habit.

When I have the bucks, it's WL; less bucks POR; even less bucks POP (used to be All-Stars).

Part of what I love about my WDW trips is the routine - going back to the same ol' same ol. I find it comforting. There was a scene in Biloxi Blues where one of the young soldiers has a dream of starting a chaing McD's type restaurants. Matt Broderick doesn't u/s it when the guy explains that it will be comfortable to be people traveling to visit the same type of restaurant they have at home.

I think this is why I also love reruns on TV land and why kids like to watch the same DVD over and over.

Deja vu is a good thing. :yay:

I love trying new things... from food to hair to disney resorts! I've stayed at All star sports and music, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Riverside (when it used to be called Dixie Landings), and now I'm about to do Port Orleans French Quarter which I am super excited about!

I think POFQ will end up being my favorite so far.

I guess I'll have to start saving up more to stay at more high end resorts next time... I really want to stay at Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge sometime... and I wouldn't mind staying at the Boardwalk as well... heck, I'd really love to try them all out eventually... even shades of green and the fort wilderness campgrounds!

If POP is anything like the ALL STARS you'll like it. (and from the reviews I've read people like POP better than all stars it seams). At the all stars there are usually more children running around and it can be a bit louder than some of the other hotels but it's still very nice considering how much you are paying and it has that disney magic!!! have a great time!! :dance3:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I love trying something new. :cheer2: Each trip we plan our "new" adventure. This will be our third trip and our third resort! :cheer2: :cheer2:

I like trying something different. Our "new" adventure this trip is staying at ASMu and going to US and IOA for a couple of days!

Next trip who knows!:confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Yes. I keep returning to WDW, so that makes me a creature of habit (much to the confusion of some of my friends). I also like trying new resorts on different stays, so that put sme in the second category too.

No matter what your resort is like - the parks will be nearly the same every trip. So having somethign new and something the same is a good mix.

I love to try new resorts. But it makes it hard when it comes down to deciding on a resort. I want to try them all eventually! We've only stayed at Pop and CSR. We've loved both resorts and I believe that there isn't a resort out there that we wouldn't like. That's when the budget comes in to factor.;)

But if I were you, I'd go for Pop.

My goal is to try every Disney hotel they have on property! We have stayed at all the Value including Pop, Por FQ, GF, Contemporary, and the Yacht club concierge. I have enjoyed all of them, each bring a new experience and atmosphere. But I do have my favorites also, and depending on what kind of trip we go down on, leisure or non stop parks, will guide me in which hotel to stay at. Also my budget will let me know what hotel we need to stay at, so if i know we have a tight budget and are going to book at a Value resort I most likely will book for ASmu. But if not, I want to try them all! Change with Disney is always Good!

:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes DH will NOT stay anywhere but the YC/BC since we got spoiled on our honeymoon in 1994.... so we scrimp and save for our magical vacations..

I would like to try the GF someday.... and perhaps AKL or WL....

He says NO :rotfl:

It'll have to wait for a trip when I take our DD's by myself :rotfl:

I guess we're semi-creatures of habit, but we also are open to new places.

So far we've stayed at the Poly once, the Swan twice, and the Contemporary once.

If I had all the money in the world, I may have never left the Poly. We tried the Swan and liked it, but we probably wouldn't have stayed the second time without the "deal we couldn't refuse" aka the $75 post 911 screaming deal. Last time we were booked at SOG but they were under construction and we ended up at the CR.

I'm coming in Sept with LilMiss13 for our Almost Annual GirlzOnly Trip 2007. This time we're staying at the Pop. I've been sort of curious about it for a while, but know it wouldn't work well when we travel as a whole family, so I'm happy to have a chance to try it. The other resort we're dying to try is Animal Kingdom Lodge. I think that could be my favorite resort or at least in a decent battle with the Poly, although nothing beats the Monorail to MK and the view from the Poly!

Always ;-)
Hunzi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter