Are we over-doing / not doing enough?

Lv4Disney

Earning My Ears
Like so many of you, I'm stressing over months of planning and wondering if I've done it right. We leave in a week and I am embarrased to tell you, I am spending hours looking at our schedule wondering what changes I should make. HELP ME!!:scared1: Do I keep it all, add to it, cancel some :confused3

Day one - Arrive around 2:00, lunch at The Plaza Restaurant at 4:00 otherwise nothing else scheduled

Day two - CRT at 9:00am, MK, Pedicures/Manicures for the ladies at GF 2:00, EP/dinner at San Angel Inns 7:15, then EP for the balance of the night

Day three - Petty Driving Experience (ride along) 9:00am, then the parks and Spirit of Aloha Luau at 8:00pm

Day four - Drive to Cocoa beach for lunch/see the ocean, Dinner 1900 Park Fair 6:00pm

Day five - Start at DS, then 50's Prime Time for lunch, unknown for the rest of the day

Day six - Start at MK, then lunch at 50's Sci-Fi, unknown for the rest of the day

Day seven - go home:scared:

my best response to this is that you will never know if you are doing to much until your bodies all crash and burn...but enjoy especially 50s Prime Time Cafe

You do a lot of moving around on days 2 and 6. Are you sure that it won't be too stressful for you?

I don't know how old your children are, but you may want to stick to MK on day 2.

Do you have a day to start at Epcot early enough to get to Soarin and Test Track? Would that work on day 6? If you were at Epcot on day 6, that would make it easier to get to the Sci Fi. Or you could just try a World Showcase lunch at Epcot.

JMHO :hippie:

I think it sounds like fun! Looks like you are staying at the Poly so your Day 2 should be Ok. I am guessing there may be rest time built in between the mani/pedi and EP dinner?

I do agree with getting to EP early one day to insure Soarin' and Test Track but if they aren't priorities, then no worries. Or just see what the fastpass situation is like.

I always like to overplan and then if we hit a wall and need to back off a few things, we do. We only get to Disney once a year & definitely want to make the most of every minute. We adopted the "there's no extra sleep in Disney" motto years ago! :laughing:

Personally we don't like to hop from park to park. By the time you make your way to the front of the park, wait for a bus (or whatever) and ride to the next park. Then go through the line again and actually get in and start doing something you have wasted an hour or more.

I MIGHT do that if it was just dh and I, but not with kids and never with a larger group. We just stay in that park for the day, plan meals there, etc. Also, the kids don't WANT to leave a park after only a few rides, walking past stuff they want to do and just leaving. Even if they know we will be back another day it just seems like a waste to not do it when you see it:confused3

Maybe if we knew who was going, when, how many people, ages, has everyone in the group been to WDW numerous times, etc.?????

Excellent point regarding what the ages are.

Our two children and their signifcant others range from 19 to 22 so getting places quickly, and park hopping are not a problem.

As for the "significant others", this will be their first trip to Disney so I'm sure we'll want to take additional time to stop and smell the roses from time to time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter