Are we not going 2 enjoy Chef Mickey's for breakfast?

tofubeast

DIS Veteran
I have read some pretty iffy reviews on here esp about dinner. :sad2: We are having breakfast at Chef Mickeys (DH and I) and thought it would be fun to be with the "old school" disney characters. I am not expecting a 5 star dining experience, but will breakfast be at least good? :confused3 Just curious to hear your thoughts. We are going to be eating at Crystal Palace for dinner...so I do not want to switch and eat breakfast there as well.

THANKS!

I have read some pretty iffy reviews on here esp about dinner. :sad2: We are having breakfast at Chef Mickeys (DH and I) and thought it would be fun to be with the "old school" disney characters. I am not expecting a 5 star dining experience, but will breakfast be at least good? :confused3 Just curious to hear your thoughts. We are going to be eating at Crystal Palace for dinner...so I do not want to switch and eat breakfast there as well.

THANKS!

I've been to Chef Mickey's for breakfast and I can honestly say that it was the best dining experience I had for breakfast in Disney World! It was so much fun! All of the characters came over to our table a couple of times. The food is great. There is a wide variety to choose from. I'm evening going back to Chef Mickey's with my DBF on our trip. I've also been to Crystal Palace for dinner and it was great there too! They had a large variety of food as well. They even decorated the table for my Birthday and the characters gave me a card and they all signed it. It was a great time! I think you will be VERY happy with both places!!!:thumbsup2 :woohoo:

Hi we just returned and we ate at chef mickey's for breakfast and dinner. Our party throughly enjoyed both. The selection for breakfast was good. All sorts of pastries, fruits etc. mickey waffles, pancakes, all of the usual breakfast fare. We are not picky eaters but I really think just about everyone would be happy there for breakfast. We enjoyed dinner too but everyone has their own tastes. We had 5 kids with us so it was a great dinner option.

We've been to Chef Mickey's several times. The character interaction is awesome, and the food is pretty good too...lots to choose from. We are going again over Thanksgiving!:goodvibes

Chef Mickeys for Breakfast is one of my favorites, don't worry about it I have yet to find somewhere in WDW that someone doesn't like it and the critics are usually louder than the supporters.

Chef Mickeys for Breakfast is one of my favorites, don't worry about it I have yet to find somewhere in WDW that someone doesn't like it and the critics are usually louder than the supporters.

Well said! :thumbsup2 If you look enough you will find all different experiences for every restaurant.

Personally, I have had many excellent brekafasts and 2 great dinners at Chef Mickeys.

We loved our experience at Chef Mickey's (breakfast) the last time and have an ADR for our upcoming trip as well. A lot of fun and good food too! Have a great time!!!!!!!!:goodvibes

Although we do think it's loud and we don't like the way the restrooms are set up for dining guest....we book it every year on our ADR's :) We enjoy the food and the character interaction is good too.

You won't be disappointed....it's good basic food and great service and characters :)

I asked my 5yo (turning 6) for his top three things at Disney:

1. Characters

2. Chef Mickey's (we had breakfast there and celebrated his birthday)

3. Goofy's Barnstormer

He had so much fun at Chef Mickey's he didn't eat enough. We had him in McDonald's in DTD a few hours later! His fun started as soon as he got the pager. Seeing the characters, watching the monorail whiz by, napkin waving he was very stimulated! We are going back for dinner on our trip next summer. Mom and I paid OOP for this meal and felt we got good value too. Mom loved the Goofy's veggie lasagna and I LOVED the 3 cheese eggs. Also you've just gotta have a Mickey waffle at Chef Mickey's right. By the way, we had an 11am ADR and had fresh food the entire time.

I didn't eat again until after Spectromagic that night! I was that full from CMs.

We eat at Chef Mickey's for breakfast on almost every trip! We've always enjoyed the characters & the food is good, imho.

Enjoy!!

We loved Chef Mickey's breakfast, no complaints here at all. Great food, great service, fun atmosphere. I am sure a lot of folks would disagree with me, though...everyone has different taste. My advice is to go and decide for yourself. I hope you enjoy the experience as much as we did! :thumbsup2

We've done breakfast twice and dinner once and each experience was very good. My husband has now requested we go for dinner instead of breakfast, but only because he really liked their prime rib.
Just go with realistic expectations. It is not quiet, intimate, or gourmet. It is good buffet food with fun character interaction.
It's on our "must do" list for every trip.

I will say that my family has been very strong Chef Mickey supporters in the past. But, we had the worst dinner there in August...it was bad on many fronts. But, that was a first in about 10 dinners there. But, breakfast has always been very good. In fact, although I did have that bad experience last month, I did just book breakfast at Chef Mickeys for my Jan trip with my dd who has never been to WDW. She needs to experience Mickey at CM's!!!!

The food is nothing to write home about, but it is a fun atmosphere! So, I think that you should give it a try.

Breakfast is fine. Eaten their breakfast buffet twice, now. I've had way worse, they don't have anything gourmet but they don't mess it up, and the character interaction and overall festive energy is really fun.

Our first time eating at Chef Mickey's (breakfast) was in 2004. My family (DH, DS12, DD8, and DS4) loved it. I really didn't care for it too much. The food was fine, it was just very loud and chaotic. However, my (then) youngest DS is autistic and I was building up my own anxiety about being in there with him with all the commotion. But he did OK.

Fast forward to 2006. We plan another trip to WDW, but have added another child to our family (youngest DS is now 2). My sister, her husband, and their new baby (their DS is 3 months older than our youngest) joined us as well. My kids and DH all request Chef Mickey's again for breakfast. I forwarn my sister, who's never been to Chef Mickey's before, that it's not all that great, it's loud, chaotic, etc. They say that's OK and want to go as well. So we go......Afterwards, my sister tells me "I enjoyed Chef Mickey's and the food. Not at all what I expected after your view on it." So, out of 9 people, I'm the only that doesn't care for it. Truly, it's not the food though, it's the LOUDNESS and craziness that I don't care for....But my family LOVES it! Including my son who's autistic (and is now 7)

We're heading back to WDW in January.....Guess what?

They've requested breakfast at Chef Mickey's again!

Sorry, this got to be a novel! LOL

Elizabeth

I've never been to Chef Mickey's either, first time will be this upcoming December. I am definately feeling good about our breakfast choice after reading this thread! Yummm...Mickey waffles.

Yes, reading all these responses to my post make me feel perfectly fine with dining with Mickey and co. THANKS! :thumbsup2

We had an excellent Chef Mickey's breakfast! I loved the food and the interaction from the characters. I think our enjoyment largely had to do with the fact that we had one of the first ADR's of the morning and there were only a handful of people dining there with us so LOTS of attention from the characters. The only awful thing was the photo package they tried to sell us.

The only awful thing was the photo package they tried to sell us.

We avoided that by simply skipping the "photo op" altogether. I would highly recommend doing so if you don't care about getting an overpriced keepsake photo and wish to avoid a sales pitch while you are dining! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter