• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Are value resorts more fun for those under 4?

shadowpumpkin

Earning My Ears
We have reservations to stay at CSR in April, but I've been thinking a lot about All Star Movies. We have a 1 year old and will also be celebrating our other son's 4th birthday while we are there. We are only going for 4 nights, 5 days and will be at the parks, mainly MK, 2 or maybe 3 days. The value resort just looks so much more Disney-like, at least in my kids eyes. We already will be battling the bus with a double stroller from the CSR, so is it really worse from a value resort? And are the rooms really that much smaller? Doubt I will change plans for this trip but just wondering for the future!

I'd have to say if you are staying at a mod CSR is the newest and nicest IMO. POFQ is the smallest and best for young children with a stroller, etc.
However, I am not a mod person myself. We usually stay at Deluxes or values. For some reason, I don't see the extra sink and slightly larger rooms of the mods worth the extra money from the values. The themeing at the values is the most kid friendly and the deluxes have the most amenities. Just my two cents. HTH!

I'd have to say if you are staying at a mod CSR is the newest and nicest IMO. POFQ is the smallest and best for young children with a stroller, etc.
However, I am not a mod person myself. We usually stay at Deluxes or values. For some reason, I don't see the extra sink and slightly larger rooms of the mods worth the extra money from the values. The themeing at the values is the most kid friendly and the deluxes have the most amenities. Just my two cents. HTH!

That has kind've I have been thinking that we should either do a value resort so the kids enjoy the theming or we stay at the CR and enjoy being on the monorail ! Too bad everything seems to be booked up when we are going!

am alot older than 4 and appreciate Pop Century.

It is cute!

that say if you are comparing it to CR - well it is alot smaller.
CR is 435 sq ft
all the value is 260 sq ft

a little more than half the size.

the best advice i've heard was not once have i heard a child comment on how nice the theming of a resort is. All the resorts have great activities for kids - keep in mind, you will be in the most kid friendly place on the planet - you will have a great time no matter where you stay. We tend to stay Deluxe and our kids had a great time each time we've been there.

We've only stayed at Value resorts, mostly due to the cost , but also because of our DS(now 8). The values are magical from a kid's vantage point. Our first stay was at eh ASMO. At that time my son was 3 and LOVED TOy Story. He was in awe of the giant Buzz and spent most of his time in Andy's Room junping off of the giant checkers. Our last few stays were at POP - it is just a fun place to be. The music, the lights, the theming - it kind of brings the feeling of the parks back to your hotel. (especially at night when you're pulling in on your bus and it's all lit up!)
I would like to have a chance to stay at a mod or deluxe, but I think as long as we tote around the kid, value is just fine for us.

Since having children we have stayed at Value's. Last year i made the mistake of upgrading to a mod and they hated it. My daughters are 7 and 6 and they love POP. They asked to move back to POP last year after checking into POR. It had nothing of interest. My oldest loves the pac man theme ruibik's cube and get a kick out of the themed pool areas. We have also stayed at All Star movies and had a great time. The kids loved checking out the resort. The only thing with the All stars is the buses. We didnt like the fact that we shared with all three. Pop has their own. Of course if you dont plan to use the buses then All Stars is a great choice.
They really are cute resorts for the kids. When we checked out the other resorts with them and according to them, they found CR and GF to be boring. They would however consider staying at Poly because of the castle view. Personally we are a family of 4 small people. We arent in the room long enough to notice a difference in room size. I didnt find POR to be any much of a difference than the values. Thats just my family though. Room size is not improtant. Kids having fun is the most important.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter