Are Ticketed Events on Disney Fantasy tough to get???

Ronferr80

Mouseketeer
My family and I are going on the Disney Fantasy April 2016. I looked at some previous navigators from the same cruise in February 2016 and saw that there were ticketed events such as Frozen meet and greet, Disney Jr Character Breakfast, princess gathering.

Looking for peoples experiences in getting tickets for these events? It says limited availability and you can only get these tickets first day when you board. Is it chaos trying to get these tickets? This is my first Disney cruise so looking for any advice, info, etc.... Thanks!!!

My suggestion is that you try and get these tickets after you board. There may be a bit of a wait, usually not too bad.

On the navigator I saw it actually said you could only attempt to get these tickets from 11-3 on the first day. My concern is since this is my first cruise I know boarding wise they let concierge, and multiple cruisers board first so wasn't sure if I sure if I will miss this opportunity

I was able to get the Anna/Elsa tickets on our first cruise in Sept 2014. I just sent hubby and the kids to the pool and I went to the line for the tickets.

I'm worried about it too since we are taking DCL transport from WDW and won't arrive as early as we'd like.

We were on a sailing in January, with disney transportation from AoA. I knew booking it that we could get there late but took my chances. Regret it. We didn't get picked up until 12:30, and after getting checked in and taking a few minutes to look around the terminal since it was our first cruise, we didn't board until around 2:30. We got tickets for the disney Jr breakfast and Anna and Elsa, but the princess gathering tickets were gone. We got one of the very last times available for Anna and Elsa. It turned out ok though, my daughter wound up being terrified of the face characters like princesses! I still would have liked the chance for myself and my son but ah well.

We had no problem getting Anna/Elsa tickets on our December 2014 cruise. We didn't do it first day though -- there were a couple of times they posted in the Navigator for a couple of different days. when we sailed, they were also keeping a wait list in case people cancelled.

I was on the Fantasy last month, boarding group 11. I went up to Port Adventures (where you get the tickets) with my sister's in law and we got all the tickets we wanted (Princess, Anna & Elsa, Disney Junior breakfast and Castaway Cay 5km tickets). My DH and kids went up to Cabanas, only 1 of you in the party needs to be there.

Thanks for the information. I'm sailing on my first Disney cruise in December and was wondering about these and the other special events. Does anyone know about tickets for the other special events and classes?

On the Fantasy last Summer, we had no trouble getting tickets for the Princess Meet & Greet on embarkation day and we were one of the last families to board.

Last edited:
How do you find out what ticketed events will be offered on your cruise? Do they conflict with one another or potentially conflict with activities you book from home when your booking window opens?

What are the strategies some of you veteran cruisers use to coordinate your family's cruise activities and events?

Thanks,

This is my first cruise but I was researching and found a Disney blog where cruisers posted their daily navigators from there cruise so you can see events and activities offered

How do you find out what ticketed events will be offered on your cruise? Do they conflict with one another or potentially conflict with activities you book from home when your booking window opens?

What are the strategies some of you veteran cruisers use to coordinate your family's cruise activities and events?

Thanks,
They won't give you tickets for two events at the same time. Know that there are lots of tickets, it's just giving you a time so you don't wait 50 minutes to meet Anna & Elsa (this happened on our first cruise when Frozen had just come out!). I've not yet heard of anyone not getting tickets because they were "sold out" (sold in " " because they are free!).

I agree with ^, find Navigator's from your same itinerary on the DCLblog. It gives you a good idea of what will be happening on your own cruise.

Ok, that makes sense.

So I just review past Navigators to get a general idea of what might be offered and make note of any "must dos" that would appeal to my family. Then I get in line at guest services upon embarkation. When it's my turn, I ask about those events to get tickets to for the times that coordinate with each other and my pre-booked activities and appointments. Then I can ask about what, if any, other ticketed events might be offered on my cruise so I can decide which, if any, my family might like.

Is that about right?

Edit: I just noticed some posts say to visit the Port Adventures desk while others say the Guest Services desk. Can anyone clarify the right line to get in? I'm guessing Guest Services since I can book Port Adventures online when my booking window opens but I don't want to make any assumptions.

Last edited:
You will receive a Navagator the day you board but it is only for the first day's events.
There is an app that you can download. Downloaded it before you leave home. Once you arrive at the terminal it will start working. The app will show you the events for the whole cruise.
Just remember you can't do everything. You will drive yourself crazy trying to do so. Pick a few things each day and enjoy.

Ok, that makes sense.

So I just review past Navigators to get a general idea of what might be offered and make note of any "must dos" that would appeal to my family. Then I get in line at guest services upon embarkation. When it's my turn, I ask about those events to get tickets to for the times that coordinate with each other and my pre-booked activities and appointments. Then I can ask about what, if any, other ticketed events might be offered on my cruiseI just noticed some posts say to visit the Port Adventures desk while others say the Guest Services desk. Can anyone clarify the right line to get in? I'm guessing Guest Services since I can book Port Adventures online when my booking window opens but I don't want to make any assumptions.

sounds right.

check the navigator that you will receive upon check-in at the terminal. it will tell you where to go. we went to port adventures on the wonder last summer, but it's possible that on other ships you go to guest services.

They won't give you tickets for two events at the same time.

We actually had tickets for Ana and Elsa first then immediately had to go to the Princess gathering in order to make that time slot (1/2 hour difference which royally stunk). We werent late by any means getting on the ship and actually didnt even wait in line (boarding group 6). I really really hope next time its more spread out as it sucked and I didnt enjoy the princess one as I felt rushed running from one to another.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter