Are they starting to put up the Christmas lights in MK?

pumpkinpatchquilter

Mouseketeer
Anyone in the last few days or there now...we went this same week (last of September) to WDW in 2012...so many things went wrong but we had a great trip despite it! The only real bummer for me was that they were putting the lights on Cinderella's castle...and there was a huge crane in EVERY single picture of the castle that trip! Is it there? Anyone who's been in the last few days? Are we doomed to always have the castle...and a crane in our photos? LOL We leave tomorrow!

pumpkinpatchquilter said:
Anyone in the last few days or there now...we went this same week (last of September) to WDW in 2012...so many things went wrong but we had a great trip despite it! The only real bummer for me was that they were putting the lights on Cinderella's castle...and there was a huge crane in EVERY single picture of the castle that trip! Is it there? Anyone who's been in the last few days? Are we doomed to always have the castle...and a crane in our photos? LOL We leave tomorrow!

The crane is there. It has been up for a week or 2.

According to the Christmas events tab on this site.

Kinda related question. How long do the lights stay up for? I'm going January 4 - 10 and am wondering if the Christmas lights will still be there.

Kinda related question. How long do the lights stay up for? I'm going January 4 - 10 and am wondering if the Christmas lights will still be there.

Great question, the answer is usually not clear. They stay up a few days into January, so you have a good chance of seeing them towards the beginning of your dates.

Does anyone know the exact date yet? Would it be safe to assume it would be Friday Nov 7th since it was that time last year roughly?

I read either 11/5 or 11/6, don't remember which. Elsa is doing the honors this year.

Wdwent.com is reporting November 5th as the first evening - the show begins at 6:15.

Great question, the answer is usually not clear. They stay up a few days into January, so you have a good chance of seeing them towards the beginning of your dates.

Awesome, thanks! I've never seen the holiday lights because my family would never go during the busy season. This would be really cool to see.

Awesome, thanks! I've never seen the holiday lights because my family would never go during the busy season. This would be really cool to see.

Sunday, January 4th will be the last day for the Castle lighting ceremony.

Sorry if I read over this... When will the crane be gone ? We are arriving October 11th !!!!

Either it is already gone or I walked right past it and didn't notice about 4 times the other night. (The latter is unlikely.)

I know they stay up on the castle later into January. We went Jan 20-26th 2013 and the crane was up through out our whole stay. Made for crappy pics for our daughters first trip. We are going again jan 24 2014 and hoping it is gone this time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter