Are they really full?

jmcghee2024

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to book my ADR's 180 days plus 7. Is it common for Ohana and Be Our Guest to be fully booked for the whole week at 180 plus 7? The last 3 trips I have had no problems getting everything I wanted at this point and those were busier periods. Any advice?

Not sure but there are others having problems booming ADRs today--just in general. Hopefully it's just a glitch and you can get something.

I had to call at exactly 180 days last year during Christmastime to get an ADR at BOG. It was impossible to do it online because it kept showing that there was nothing open or it would just experience difficulties.
We also got lucky when we called because she had to put us two days ahead of when we called for and our ADR had to be at 8:00ish. We also only had four people, so if you have a bigger group I dunno how it'd work out.

We are a party of 3, and I wasn't able to get BOG. I got 'Ohana for our second night, but I never tried for breakfast which books up more quickly.

I called at 180+10 and couldn't get BOG until day 9, and ohana at day 6. So that's not uncommon at all.

Ok, this stinks! We have gone during much busier times before and never had a problem at 180+

Free Dining is an anomaly. Disney puts it out there during what it anticipates will be a "slower" date range. But once they announce it, rooms fill up quickly, and, more to the point, those rooms fill up with people who place a higher priority on Dining. In other words, Disney could offer free "Richard Petty Driving Experience" weeks, and the people who would book would be racing enthusiasts. When they announce Free Dining, the people who are fastest to act are people who love Disney Dining. And these people know that booking ADRs early is important at many places, and that if you really want to capitalize on FD, you want to eat at your favorite places. FD loses its appeal if your meals are going to be at ABC Commissary and Tony's. So the more popular places like BoG and 'Ohana fill up quickly. Even during relatively "slow" times, there are enough eager diners to book those places solid at the 180+X time period. Mid-November may be "slow" in the broader sense, but it will be "busy" in the dining sense.

Guys, even though I am a Disboards veteran, I only go on here when I am going on a trip, so forgive me my ignorance....what is 180+10...is that 190 days???

My ADR date is 5/21 for my trip...I don't have to worry about BOG now because I "know somebody who knows somebody":wizard: but what does that date mean?

Have a magical day!

Guys, even though I am a Disboards veteran, I only go on here when I am going on a trip, so forgive me my ignorance....what is 180+10...is that 190 days???

My ADR date is 5/21 for my trip...I don't have to worry about BOG now because I "know somebody who knows somebody":wizard: but what does that date mean?

Have a magical day!

No, it's not 190 days in the strictest sense. It is 180 days from your arrival date, but once you hit that date, you can book all your ADRs for the whole trip. So if 5/21 is 180 days out from your arrival date, and you staying for a week, on 5/21 you can make all your ADRs for the entire week, essentially giving you a 187 day window.

No, it's not 190 days in the strictest sense. It is 180 days from your arrival date, but once you hit that date, you can book all your ADRs for the whole trip. So if 5/21 is 180 days out from your arrival date, and you staying for a week, on 5/21 you can make all your ADRs for the entire week, essentially giving you a 187 day window.

Ok, that makes sense...we haven't done TS since 2006, since on the 2009/2012 trips, my kids were older and wanted to have fun and NOT sit down at a long, boring meal...but we are doing TS this trip (its my birthday, I call the shots!). I already have BOG taken care of (we are doing lunch there, nobody wants to do dinner)...and my other ADRs are not hard ones to get, but I was wondering...so thank you!

I havn't gotten a BoG for any party size on less than 186 days in since reservations for Sept opened. IMO they are not loading them all. about 3 weeks in there were a bunch of BoG's opened up for Sept dinners.

Its really the only problem one, I can always get Ohana at 180 unless its not loaded. sometimes for some reason that one doesn't always get loaded at 180 and you have to call back at 178 or 175 and poof there it is.

Agreed. I honestly think this could be a supply and demand marketing theory for Disney. I was told yesterday that when we arrive (by MS) that the pomontion is to recieve a FP reservation for lunch upon checkin at hotel.

This drives up the hype and ppl will always be driven to compete for the coveted 'reservation' if it is more valuable.

My last trip for free dining i had given my TA all my dining reservations before the 180+10 well in advance.

She then told me she would not be making our bookings until about 1-2 weeks AFTER my 180 days, explaining that many restaurants don't release their full allotments until after the 180 days and I would be more likely to get everything I wanted if she waited. I was very nervous but went with what my experienced TA recommended.

I got everything I asked for (12 days of free dining) with no problems including Ohana 2x, CRT breakfast, etc etc.

Keep in mind this was 2 years ago for an end of August free dining trip so ymmv.

I'm trying to book my ADR's 180 days plus 7. Is it common for Ohana and Be Our Guest to be fully booked for the whole week at 180 plus 7? The last 3 trips I have had no problems getting everything I wanted at this point and those were busier periods. Any advice?

I just booked this morning for our trip from November 9th to the 20th. There was no availability at BOG until the 16th. So I was able to get a couple dinner reservations from the 16th to the 20th. Keep in mind many will cancel and you just have to keep trying.

Last year I was not able to get a reservation. We booked around vacation after the 180 mark. I kept at it and one night about 1 month out from our vacation I got a reservation at BOG.

I know I will most likely be dropping one reservation so I think most people do the same because they are not sure they will be in the Magic kingdom that day.

If you do not get it just keep trying and you have a good shot of timing it right. :thumbsup2

Just keep trying, people cancel all the time and it is not uncommon to get a tough ADR just before your ready to leave. :thumbsup2

Keep trying, you never know what cancellation you may hit on. Also, try requesting for 4 instead of 3. We are a party of 3 and on a few occasions in the past, for more popular locations, it has shown no availability for 3, but availability for 4. There is no penalty for you in doing this (i.e. no charge for a no show).

Our window opened up this past weekend. Not able to get BOG, but absolutely everything else was available at just about any time we wanted, including multiple Ohana times, including day 180. We actually aren't planning on eating at Ohana or CRT or Cali Grill, but we could have easily if we wanted. We usually decide to go after the 180 window has opened, so this was a new phenomenon for us!

We are planning an 12 day trip in October and managed to get BOG at 180+ 10 days for an 8:40 pm seating. Everything else was booked solid. We did get Ohana fairly easily and still saw some availability a few days ago so keep trying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter