Are they getting rid of Beauty and the Beast at Hollywood Studios?

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by Mickey 2013, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Mickey 2013

Mickey 2013 Earning My Ears

Are they getting rid of Beauty and the Beast at Hollywood Studios? and replacing it with Tangled?:confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DizCaptain

DizCaptain °o° Disney Enthusiast

It's only been rumored that this will happen, nothing solid to confirm yet.

4. jsebsirois

jsebsirois DIS Veteran

One of many rumors about changes coming to Hollywood Studios!

5. Octoberbaby

Octoberbaby Kona coffee connoisseur

Uggh. I hope not. Belle is mine and my daughter's favorite.

6. monorailrabbit

monorailrabbit Rabbits Rabbits Everywhere!

Oh I hope not! My husband was actually really disappointed we missed it last time, (I insisted on showing up early for Fantasmic) I think I would really be in the dog house if it's gone for good! :worried:

[​IMG]

7. bcrook

bcrook DIS Veteran

Wouldn't it be great to have both! :). I know, I know wishful thinking.

8. lornak

lornak DIS Veteran

I heard this very thing from a CM. Didn't realize it was a rumor! The CM told me it was a done deal and that it would even be sometime this spring or summer that the show would change to Tangled. Maybe that was info that wasn't supposed to be shared???

9. basketlacey

basketlacey DIS Veteran

I love beauty and the beast but last time I saw it, it wasn't as good as I remembered! I am actually excited for something new!

10. 6jewels

6jewels Earning My Ears

I also love the show but I am ready for something new!!

11. JoWiJo

JoWiJo Longing to go back

I saw Beauty and the Beast on my last trip to WDW and was pleasantly surprised by how wonderful it was. I'd be disappointed if it's gone when I get back there someday.

As I recall, it was simply on a stage. I don't see why the theater has to be "either-or" when it comes to shows. Surely there could be a way to put on both productions. They could alternate on the day of the week. Or one could have the early showings of the day and the other the latter showings. Do they really need to get rid of BATB?

12. Berlioz70

Berlioz70 DIS Veteran

Considering there are B&B auditions on March 18th (check out Disneyauditions.com) - I'd say it's not in the works.

13. skier_pete

skier_pete None

How long have you been on the DIS Rumor board? Trust me, anything a CM says to you is either (a) a rumor they heard or (b) something they made up to get a rise out of customers. The front line CMs don't hear about things until they are well enough along that they are already facts hear on the boards.

That said, the Tangled show is a possibility as it is a rumor coming from more reliable Disney rumor sights, but it is far from a done deal.

14. RSWA2

RSWA2 Mouseketeer

Has anyone thought about if they added a new stage (or used an existing one, not B&B) and had a Tangled show there?

What about that area where they had American Idol there?

15. Spacedog1975

Spacedog1975 Mouseketeer

Of all the shows at WDW, I was least impressed by B&TB at Hollywood. It had a very bizarre edit and didn't really work for me.

16. asianway

asianway Kungaloosh!

There were rumors a Tangled show would replace both B&B at DHS and the Fantasyland Theatre in DL. DL has announced Mickey & the Magical Map as its show. If they arent going to split the production costs, Id say B&B will be here another year at least.

17. Pier60

Pier60 Mouseketeer

My daughter loves that Beuty and the Beast show but she also loves Tangled

18. Jubilee

Jubilee DIS Veteran

B&TB has been around since as long as I can really remember going as a little girl (I'm 31) however, I wouldn't mind something different to take it's place. I like B&TB but I can recite the edited version word for word. I have seen it a million times. Also, the last dozen or so times I've been, I haven't seen the "good" Gaston and I'm not nuts about the shrilly Belles I keep getting.

That said, didn't they just update all the costuming at B&TB?

19. MrRomance

MrRomance Planning and Plotting

I don't think it's confirmed yet but it makes sense with the changes in the New Fantasyland. To be fair, when we were there last summer, the show was looking a little tired.

20. phorsenuf

phorsenuf <marquee><font color=blue>Not so New Rule author o

I just saw the show yesterday. Gaston was the 'good' one as you put it. Belle was different from the one we are use to seeing, but was good nonetheless. I was wondering if they would be updating Belle's gown to reflect the new one in the park, but it wasn't.

21. mrandmrstraveljunkie

mrandmrstraveljunkie Earning My Ears

That would be fun! Beauty and the Beast is a very well done show but it would be great to see a new one!