Are they getting rid of Beauty and the Beast at Hollywood Studios?

Mickey 2013

Earning My Ears
Are they getting rid of Beauty and the Beast at Hollywood Studios? and replacing it with Tangled?:confused3

It's only been rumored that this will happen, nothing solid to confirm yet.

Oh I hope not! My husband was actually really disappointed we missed it last time, (I insisted on showing up early for Fantasmic) I think I would really be in the dog house if it's gone for good! :worried:

I heard this very thing from a CM. Didn't realize it was a rumor! The CM told me it was a done deal and that it would even be sometime this spring or summer that the show would change to Tangled. Maybe that was info that wasn't supposed to be shared???

I love beauty and the beast but last time I saw it, it wasn't as good as I remembered! I am actually excited for something new!

I saw Beauty and the Beast on my last trip to WDW and was pleasantly surprised by how wonderful it was. I'd be disappointed if it's gone when I get back there someday.

As I recall, it was simply on a stage. I don't see why the theater has to be "either-or" when it comes to shows. Surely there could be a way to put on both productions. They could alternate on the day of the week. Or one could have the early showings of the day and the other the latter showings. Do they really need to get rid of BATB?

Considering there are B&B auditions on March 18th (check out Disneyauditions.com) - I'd say it's not in the works.

Disney Parks Talent Casting is seeking male and female dancers for full time and substitue roles at Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage and substitute positions at Dream Along with Mickey. All shows are performed live at the Walt Disney World® Resort near Orlando, FL.

Dancers employed with the Walt Disney World Resort are covered under the terms and conditions of a collective bargaining agreement with Actors' Equity Association.

Seeking the following roles:

Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage

Dancers - Male and Female dancers that have strong ballet technique and are well versed in musical theatre style dance; acting ability a plus; must be able to lip synch. Females 5'6"-5'9" and Males 5'10"-6'0".

I heard this very thing from a CM. Didn't realize it was a rumor! The CM told me it was a done deal and that it would even be sometime this spring or summer that the show would change to Tangled. Maybe that was info that wasn't supposed to be shared???

How long have you been on the DIS Rumor board? Trust me, anything a CM says to you is either (a) a rumor they heard or (b) something they made up to get a rise out of customers. The front line CMs don't hear about things until they are well enough along that they are already facts hear on the boards.

That said, the Tangled show is a possibility as it is a rumor coming from more reliable Disney rumor sights, but it is far from a done deal.

Has anyone thought about if they added a new stage (or used an existing one, not B&B) and had a Tangled show there?

What about that area where they had American Idol there?

Of all the shows at WDW, I was least impressed by B&TB at Hollywood. It had a very bizarre edit and didn't really work for me.

There were rumors a Tangled show would replace both B&B at DHS and the Fantasyland Theatre in DL. DL has announced Mickey & the Magical Map as its show. If they arent going to split the production costs, Id say B&B will be here another year at least.

B&TB has been around since as long as I can really remember going as a little girl (I'm 31) however, I wouldn't mind something different to take it's place. I like B&TB but I can recite the edited version word for word. I have seen it a million times. Also, the last dozen or so times I've been, I haven't seen the "good" Gaston and I'm not nuts about the shrilly Belles I keep getting.

That said, didn't they just update all the costuming at B&TB?

Are they getting rid of Beauty and the Beast at Hollywood Studios? and replacing it with Tangled?:confused3

I don't think it's confirmed yet but it makes sense with the changes in the New Fantasyland. To be fair, when we were there last summer, the show was looking a little tired.

B&TB has been around since as long as I can really remember going as a little girl (I'm 31) however, I wouldn't mind something different to take it's place. I like B&TB but I can recite the edited version word for word. I have seen it a million times. Also, the last dozen or so times I've been, I haven't seen the "good" Gaston and I'm not nuts about the shrilly Belles I keep getting.

That said, didn't they just update all the costuming at B&TB?

I just saw the show yesterday. Gaston was the 'good' one as you put it. Belle was different from the one we are use to seeing, but was good nonetheless. I was wondering if they would be updating Belle's gown to reflect the new one in the park, but it wasn't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter