• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are These Really Nightmares???

Status
Not open for further replies.

DVCLiz

<font color=00cc00>That's me - proud defender of t
Gosh, three of the top six threads right now use the word "nightmare" - do people really consider these seemingly minor housekeeping errors to be that nightmarish?? I just can't imagine getting this worked up about a dirty room. Couldn't a grownup just say, "Oh, obviously there's been a mistake here" and call Housekeeping??? Even if you had to wait, at best this is just a minor inconvenience. And honestly, even though it is Disney and we do all pay a high price and expect excellent service, they are still human beings who do this work, not fairies who wave a magic wand.

Now having to miss my next WDW trip - that WOULD be a nightmare!!!! :rotfl:

Well, if I went to bed at night and found I had dirty sheets, I would consider it a nightmare, if I had checked at 4PM, I wouldn't consider it one.

Bobbi :flower:

I agree.I would be more upset with the dirty sheets than the rest of the problems everyone is talking about.Not having T&T and having to call to get it is not a nightmare :teeth: .

They may not be actual nightmares, but if one wants to get a lot of hits on their thread, you need one of those tabloid headlines to grab people's attention. Seems to be working!

Over time I've asked myself the same question raised by the OP. All I can say is that different people have different standards for what is and isn't acceptable. I think we can all agree that some things are unacceptable (for instance, the dirty sheets describes above or being put in a smoking room when you've specifically requested a non smoking room for health reasons).

After several years of reading these boards I have every reason to expect these "nightmare" situations to continue. Thankfully, after over 10 trips in the past 3 years to various DVC destinations we have never had anything rise to the "nightmare" level for us. That's not to say we haven't had some minor issues (like a burnt out light bulb) but nothing like dirty sheets.

We just have to understand that we all have different standards and different expectations and that one person's nightmare might just be another person's minor annoyance.

OK, I guess because I replied to this, someone sent me an e-mail describing a true nightmare regarding what COULD be on sheets. Did the others who responded to this get this disgusting e-mail as well?

Bobbi

Actually I am the one who started the thread. This is not what COULD BE on the sheets - I am telling you what was on my sheets. You should not be so quick to judge something when you know nothihng about it. I had these horrible things all over my bed not COULD - it happened!!!

They made up for this because they were horrified but still!!

To save some time, the sheets in question had fecal and mucus stains. Didn't want anyone to have to wonder for hours what we were talking about!!!!

Of course we all expect clean sheets, but I don't think I'd judge this to be a "nightmare". It's just a Housekeeping mistake. A pleasant call to Housekeeping saying, "Hi, there seems to be fecal and mucus stains on my sheets and pubic hair in the bed" will get a quick response - and if it doesn't, continued calls to the Front Desk and/or a visit to the Front Desk to discuss it in person should quickly get results. I'm not saying it would be pleasant, and I agree it shouldn't be necessary, but goodness, I get through life just fine with some telephone skills and a pleasant voice.

bobbiwoz said:
OK, I guess because I replied to this, someone sent me an e-mail describing a true nightmare regarding what COULD be on sheets. Did the others who responded to this get this disgusting e-mail as well?

Bobbi
LOL, Are you serious.I cannot believe this.People kill me :rotfl2:

disneyfan2005 said:
Actually I am the one who started the thread. This is not what COULD BE on the sheets - I am telling you what was on my sheets. You should not be so quick to judge something when you know nothihng about it. I had these horrible things all over my bed not COULD - it happened!!!

They made up for this because they were horrified but still!!
Come on now dont be so defensive.We all said that your case was worse than the others but it still does not seem like a nightmare.Yes I would have been upset but I dont think its a nightmare.

These are supposed to be first class resorts. This is not supposed to happen. The Managers agree this is totally unacceptable and should never happen at Disney resorts.

You would expect something like this at a seedy hotel that you are paying$20 a night for not alot of moeny

People actually pay over $400 US a night for this.

This would never happen at Hilton or any nice places like that either.

They told me the maids spend 2-3 hours in one room at the DVC resorts so this should not be happening. They told me that this is not like a regular hotel where the maids come in for 45 minutes. That is why this is unacceptable and yes i would consider a nightmare. The Hotelo Manager at BCV called it a nightmare herself!

I would like to see what others would do in this case. It is all different until it happens to you personally

disneyfan2005 said:
These are supposed to be first class resorts. This is not supposed to happen. The Managers agree this is totally unacceptable and should never happen at Disney resorts.

You would expect something like this at a seedy hotel that you are paying$20 a night for not alot of moeny

People actually pay over $400 US a night for this.

They told me the maids spend 2-3 hours in one room at the DVC resorts so this should not be happening. They told me that this is not like a regular hotel where the maids come in for 45 minutes. That is why this is unacceptable and yes i would consider a nightmare. The Hotelo Manager at BCV called it a nightmare herself!

I would like to see what others would do in this case. It is all different until it happens to you personally
No need to get all excited over this.
It is not just Disney that stuff like this happens.I dont care if it costs 1500.00 per night,it is gonna happen.

Did anyone see the Today Show this am about what lives in our pillows and mattresses?? EEWWW!!!! :scared1: If you didn't see it you should pop over to the nbc site and check it out. I am going out today and buying new pillows and a mattress cover!

disneyfan2005 said:

I don't believe that. People are human and mistakes are made. If the situation was quickly rectified than I would be satisfied. If I had to wait until 2am for clean sheets I would be pissed.

Also I can't believe a maid spends 2-3 hours on a room. They would only get 3-4 rooms done per shift.

This topic has run it's course in this thread. There are other threads on the DVC-Planning board with similar discussions.

This particular thread is being closed. Feel free to post in one of the other threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter