Are these good choices? (first timers at WDW)

jbayer

Earning My Ears
My wife and I are going to WDW with our son (10 months old at the time of the trip) and we ADR'd some of our meals, but not all yet. Here is what we have so far:

arrive Sunday around 12-1pm hopefully)
Monday breakfast at Tusker House
Tuesday brakfast at Kona
Wednesday breakfast at Crystal Palace
Wednesday dinner at Boma
Thursday dinner at Yachtsman (we are using the in-room babysitting for this dinner)
Friday Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
Saturday breakfast at Ohana

leaving Sunday aftternoon.

We are using the Deluxe Dining Plan for our trip. I am a steak lover, and I tried for ressies at le Cellier, but couldn't get any for the entire week we are there, so i opted for Yachtsman (read great things here on the boards about it)
Also, has anyone used the in-room babysitting for an infant? If so, how was your experience? I think I read it is a 4 hour minimum, is that true?

Thanks for the input!
John

Your choices look great! I haven't used the childcare services, but I've read up on them. There is indeed a 4 hour minimum. Enjoy your trip!

Thanks. Man, I really should have watched my spelling in that previous post. LOL Guess I am so excited about WDW (which isn't until August) all spelling sense went out the window..Ha!

Looks great. :goodvibes We love the Yachtsman Steakhouse, I'm sure you'll love it.

Have a great trip. :cool2:

Everything sounds very yummy!!!! Especially Kona and Spirit of Aloha, but I'm a sucker for anything related to the Poly! If you like fried and fattening food I recommend the Tonga Toast at Kona for breakfast. mmmm....banana stuffed french toast...:banana::banana::banana:

Any of the character breakfasts are good. Ohana is one of our favorites for dinner, California Grill is out of this world. It is a great meal and if you time it to see the MK fireworks from their balcony!!!! We have been to MK 30+ times. Have only had a few not so great meals and we have tried most. Probably the only one I would absolutely never return to is Captain Jacks in Disney Village, other than that, I think it really boils down to personal preference.

Everything sounds very yummy!!!! Especially Kona and Spirit of Aloha, but I'm a sucker for anything related to the Poly! If you like fried and fattening food I recommend the Tonga Toast at Kona for breakfast. mmmm....banana stuffed french toast...:banana::banana::banana:

I totally agree with everything the PP said! :goodvibes We love everything about the Polynesian - including all of its restaurants. So good! :thumbsup2

Yes. LOL The Tonga Toast is what my wife is most looking forward to. Myself, I am looking forward to the porterhouse at yachtsman. :cool1:

I think it looks great but if you are going Deluxe you are going to have a lot of extra credits if you don't book some more meals.

Have fun!

I think it looks great but if you are going Deluxe you are going to have a lot of extra credits if you don't book some more meals.

Have fun!

Thanks. yeah I just made up a sheet. LOL. We have booked 18 out of 42 MCs so far(yachtsman steakhouse takes 2 per). We paid for the Spirit of Aloha out of pocket (we did this before we decided on the dining plan) so that would use up 4 more of the credits. To fill in all of our un-booked meals we would use 24 more MCs. It depends on what time we arrive and what time we leave, so I am counting that we'll need lunch both of those days. We would possibly pay for 2 meals OOP (unless we used snack credits for these)

My wife is worried about scheduling too many meals, since our son will only be 10 months old at the time of the trip, and his schedule will be unpredictable.

I did go ahead and book breakfast at 1900 Park Fare, so that's 2 more credits down. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter