• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

are these attractions still open/are they still worth it?

barb3779

Mouseketeer
I've seen conflicting posts on some of the web sites and boards about weather some of the "seasonal" attractions are even open this summer. Has anyone recently seen Timekeeper (MK) or any parts of the Wonders of Life pavilion (Epcot)? Also, in MGM are the Backlot tour or the Animation tour even worth doing - I've heard they've both been downgraded and I don't want to waste good touring time on them if there's almost nothing of interest to see! Thanks to all you vets for your help;)

Our family loves the Timekeeper as well as Carousel of Progress! I especially love both because, no darts or flames here please ;) , I hate Space Mountain.

I guess it's just a matter of personal opinion. I found the Timekeeper at MK and the animation tour at MGM horrifically boring. I love the backlot tour at MGM, even though they don't show the Golden Girls neighborhood anymore.

As for as the Wonders of Life pavilion goes, I don't remember much of it, but it doesn't stand out as something I wouldn't go to again, given the chance.

The Timekeeper is still open, but I think it's schedule has been trimmed a bit.

Wonders of Life is open, but it's schedule has been cut back significantly.

The Backlot tour was closed for Rehab for the first three months of the year, but I haven't read any reports on how it is now that it's presumably reopened.

COP is open at least until the new Stitch ride is open, but it may be curtains for the venerable attraction after that.

Timekeeper is definitely worth it. Robin Williams I believe voices the attraction is quite funny.

COP is nice as a break from the heat, not much else.

Backlot tour is good.

The Wonders of Life pavillion was not open when we were there and I was disappointed as I love Cranium Command. Rumor is that this pavillion is being totally remodeled. My dd and I like COP and saw it this last trip.

My Wife and I are going on July 8th. Almost there!

Anyway, it's good to here that CoP will most likely be open. I really love that ride, hokey as it may be.

I'm a little disappointed that Cranium Command will be closed. My wife and I saw that the last trip we did, May 2002, which she had never seen before. My sister-in-law is going with us in July, so I wanted her to see this attraction, but I guess she won't be able to. :(

My sons thoroughly enjoyed the backlot tour, plus it was a well-timed break from the rain. It did seem a little short and lacking and didn't compare to Universal CA backlot tour. I was disappointed but it was fun nonetheless.

Is it really true that they don't show the Golden Girls House anymore??? That was my favorite part :confused: :(

The whole street with the houses on it is gone. That area is under construction for the new big stunt show that will open there next year.

Memorial Weekend and the following week Timekeeper and the Wonders of Life pavillion were closed. The Backlot tour was open and entertaining. Animation Studios was open but after the opening show, it was depressing seeing the empty workspace where the animators used to be.

Originally posted by G's mommy
The whole street with the houses on it is gone. That area is under construction for the new big stunt show that will open there next year.

Do you have any more info on the Stunt Show that will be there? It sounds interesting, and kind of makes sense, considering the amount of space in the Back Lot.

As announced by Disney at the end of 2003:
Disney-MGM Studios guests will be on the edge of their seats as the secrets behind Hollywood’s most astounding stunts unfold at the new Disney-MGM Studios stunt show.
Inspired by the popular Stunt Show Spectacular at Disneyland Paris, the high-octane, stunt show features specially designed cars, motorcycles and jet skis, plus special effects -- with audience members pulled into the fun. Insiders will reveal show secrets, detailing how stunts are created, designed and filmed for the movies. Filmed images are revealed on an oversized screen, illustrating how the use of different camera angles can add drama to filmed scenes.
The new show will open in 2005 and is part of a larger redevelopment of the backlot area of Disney-MGM Studios that also includes new cityscapes, adding Chicago and San Francisco to our existing New York City skyline.
Info courtesy of WDW Magic.

Thanks, Ladyslug, that's very interesting to know. Sounds like a lot of fun. I just hope they can make it a lot different than Indiana Jones.

Yeah, the animation tour is just sad now since there aren't any animators in there anymore! I wouldn't spend time on that, unless you were just anxious for an AC event.

I guess if we want to see Disney animators at work we will have to go to India since Disney animation has been outsourced. Makes me embarrassed to be a Disney stockholder. I also hope that COP will be open in August when I go with my Dsis. It is hokey buy I love that show. :(

Originally posted by BCKatie02
Is it really true that they don't show the Golden Girls House anymore??? That was my favorite part :confused: :(

Ha, you should meet my DH. The highlight of the Backlot Tour for him was seeing Ernest's house. He was horribly disappointed when we took the Backlot Tour this month. Poor baby. :p

On another note, my 8YO loves the COP! He kept asking when we were going to ride it while we were in the MK! Are they really considering closing it after the Stitch ride is opened?!

Timekeeper is open or at least was last week while we were there. We had never done this one so was glad to finally get to see it. It was cute and a good way to see if you will like those 36- films. The ones in Epcot make me sick but this one wasn't so bad. Think it was because when i felt sick I just focused on the little Robin Williams robiot and his humor!:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter