Are there things that most people love that you just don't "get"?

LOL I actually came here to find out about Universal and back then it was ONE page. I got in on the conversations about Disney and eventually my son, who was 7 at the time, dragged me there. I really TRIED to like it, I went back about 6 more times, then announced to a table full of moderators AS A MOD on a Disney board, that I was NEVER going back. I think poor Dan Murphy nearly passed out.:scared1:

It's not that I don't understand why other people get it, I just don't. I guess I'm just too jaded. I wish my parents had taken me when I was young so I'd associate it with memories. I was in my 40s when I first went so no memories there! :confused3

I never knew any of this about you! I don't know if I am more impressed by your being a mod, or actually knowing Dan Murphy! Ha.

Most of mine have been mentioned:

Twilight
Las Vegas
Twitter
tattoos
Oprah
also...Sookie Stackhouse (True Blood)

Survivor
the 'Bieber Fever'
Facebook
Iphones
country/pop crossover music

......:confused3 meh.

LOL I actually came here to find out about Universal and back then it was ONE page. I got in on the conversations about Disney and eventually my son, who was 7 at the time, dragged me there. I really TRIED to like it, I went back about 6 more times, then announced to a table full of moderators AS A MOD on a Disney board, that I was NEVER going back. I think poor Dan Murphy nearly passed out.:scared1:

It's not that I don't understand why other people get it, I just don't. I guess I'm just too jaded. I wish my parents had taken me when I was young so I'd associate it with memories. I was in my 40s when I first went so no memories there! :confused3

..it's not 'that kind' of theme park...:confused3

.....wait a sec........uhhhhh, you KNOW Dan??!??!? :eek: :faint:

Pretty much all TV
NASCAR (give me a good Formula One race anyday!)
Just about all celebrities

Ice Fishing?- So we are going to cut a hole in some ice and sit one the ice in the hopes that we'll catch a fish?

Hmm...

Miley Cyrus (I'm sorry, but when your six-year-old's role model starts pole dancing, it's time to go.)
Justin Bieber
American Idol
Jersey Shore
16 and Pregnant/Teen Mom (exploiting something that should be illegal!)

as for Dancing with the Stars, I can assure you that in the beginning it was a great show. Nowadays, it's about the most controversial or funny star, not the best dancer. >.<

I don't get:

Super tanned people during winter :confused3

Women that are obsessed with engagement rings :confused3

Disney haters :confused3

GLEE-- I really, really don't understand it. Most things that I don't like, I can see why other people enjoy them. This one, however-- the situations are SO exaggerated, the characters unrealistic, the writing TERRIBLE. I really don't get it...(keep in mind that I love musicals, etc.)

I do Love Lady Gaga~ just saw her perform live last night ;)

Don't get
American idol
Hawaii
hunting
the Beatles
prius's~ seriously ? LOL
vegetarians

Charlie Sheen
Lady Gaga (or Lady gag me as we call her)
16 & pregnant -- and all other shows like this
golf
hunting - don't see the appeal of shooting and killing things
snow- have never liked it, never will
Hummers
Guest speakers at church ( I prefer to hear my pastor speak)
Baseball ( even though my son likes to play it -- I don't think I'll ever be a fan)
ATV's & four wheeling

Alcohol
Coffee (I drink it about 2-3 times a year but don't get why people drink it everyday)
Cigarettes

I thought of more!

ATVs
Snowmobile riding

Facebook
Twitter
Glee
American Idol
texting (people don't talk to each other anymore) I find that sad

I can listen to Lady GaGa, but I CAN'T watch her perform live.
Ke$ha, the girl has no talent. Absolutely NONE!
American Idol. I HATE everything this show stands for. I'm totally annoyed by it.
Wrestling (WWE) I don't understand the appeal. Can't folks clearly see this is FAKE?
Twilight. Sparkling Vampires? Seriously?
MTV. They should change the name to RTV for Reality TV. I haven't seen an actual music video on that channel in years.
Sarah Jessica Parker. I can never get past her face. Her oblong face. With the mole and pointy chin. :scared:
Mike Myers movies. I can watch the Shrek movies only because I don't have to actually watch him act.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter