Are there ever promotional discounts for DVC members?

Jeff1805

Earning My Ears
I see that the dining plan is now being offered as part of a package for late August. This, unfortunately, does not apply to DVC plans. Does anyone know if WDW ever had promotional discounts for the dining plan and/or tickets for DBC members?

I am aware that the AP rates are already discounted, so I am not refering to the standard discount.

I see that the dining plan is now being offered as part of a package for late August. This, unfortunately, does not apply to DVC plans. Does anyone know if WDW ever had promotional discounts for the dining plan and/or tickets for DBC members?

I am aware that the AP rates are already discounted, so I am not refering to the standard discount.
A couple of years ago the DVC price for dining at DVC resorts was less than the current price for WDW resorts. I think it's because the price is agreed to at the start of the year and when it changed for WDW Resorts mid year, DVC still got the original rate on 1/1. DVC members are also offered pass discounts off and on during the year. Sometimes they are special tickets (I remember a 4 day non-park hopper that required you to spend each day at a different park), sometimes park hoppers and sometimes APs. I seem to remember a "cash rate" discount. I used it back in 1999, but I don't recall too much about it. I think it's 25% off of DVC resorts.

If you're looking for something like "free dining" through DVC, such a thing has never been offered.

Free park passes were initially offered as an incentive to purchase OKW, Those who purchased early on got free tickets during any stay booked on points thru 1999. Studios and 1-bedrooms received 2 passes per visit, 2-bedrooms received 4 passes and GVs received 6. Passes were good for unlimited admissions for your entire length of stay.

Free park passes were initially offered as an incentive to purchase OKW, Those who purchased early on got free tickets during any stay booked on points thru 1999. Studios and 1-bedrooms received 2 passes per visit, 2-bedrooms received 4 passes and GVs received 6. Passes were good for unlimited admissions for your entire length of stay.
Those were the bomb! They were transferred to us when we bought our OKW resale in 1997. Interesting fact: we could not use them at AK since it hadn't been built when the incentive was originally offered. We waited to see AK until we had to pay for passes on our own dime.

I see that the dining plan is now being offered as part of a package for late August. This, unfortunately, does not apply to DVC plans.

To get "free" dining, you have to book a room at full rack rate. DVC points stays are already discounted, so of course you would not ever be eligible for the free dining package.

The discounted AP deals for DVC owners have been really good for the last few years. Especially now that they include the photo downloads in addition to other AP discounts for dining and rooms.

Situations can vary but my discounted points villa plus dining discounts for DVC and AP work out to a better deal for me.

If the free dining plan offset the higher room cost at rack rate for my situation, I could just bank my DVC points and use them next year...

(Can't believe I forgot to mention the free parking situation for DVC owners - let's just say that I don't feel mistreated...)

Last edited:
DVC owners who now buy direct (previous different rules) get discounts on Dining at various places. last year all Disney owned TS was discounted by 10% not sure if that still stands did not check this year yet as we go later in the year. I know we still get a generous discount on merchandise at any Disney owned location as well as other discounts... These offers can change at any time just to add that in as none of this is part of the ownership.. We personally have purchased the DP in the distant past as it was a great deal but found it hard to eat all of the food but you did not need to nor order the most expensive things... now we do FAR better with the discounts offered to us.

DVC owners who now buy direct (previous different rules) get discounts on Dining at various places. last year all Disney owned TS was discounted by 10% not sure if that still stands did not check this year yet as we go later in the year. I know we still get a generous discount on merchandise at any Disney owned location as well as other discounts... These offers can change at any time just to add that in as none of this is part of the ownership.. We personally have purchased the DP in the distant past as it was a great deal but found it hard to eat all of the food but you did not need to nor order the most expensive things... now we do FAR better with the discounts offered to us.
It was 20% and it was only for the anniversary year. It ended 12/31/17.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter