Are there condos near USF?IOA?

Kay1

<font color=red>Check out Ricki's hidden Mickey!<b
We just got back from a nice stay at a place on 192 near Hwy. 27. Frankly, it was pretty far from USF, partly because of my husband's "experimental" driving. We love condos, though. Are there any close to USF?

We just got back from a nice stay at a place on 192 near Hwy. 27. Frankly, it was pretty far from USF, partly because of my husband's "experimental" driving. We love condos, though. Are there any close to USF?
I'm assuming you're talking about timeshares...right? If so, Westgate Resorts has a complex on Turkey Lake Road...about 10 mins from Universal. I'm not sure what you'd have to do to get in there though.

I'm assuming you're talking about timeshares...right? If so, Westgate Resorts has a complex on Turkey Lake Road...about 10 mins from Universal. I'm not sure what you'd have to do to get in there though.
Yeah, I thought of Westgate after I posted. The location would be ideal. For some reason it seems most of the vacation homes and condos are over in 192/Davenport area.

Yeah, I thought of Westgate after I posted. The location would be ideal. For some reason it seems most of the vacation homes and condos are over in 192/Davenport area.
Well...192 is the tourist area. ;)

It's also a matter of zoning. The Kissimmee-Davenport area seems to have more areas zoned for daily and weekly rentals.

There are places near Universal that rent on a monthly basis. And on Major Boulevard there are several all-suite properties.

Hilton Grand Vacations Club at SeaWorld Center is really close. The HGVC on I-drive is closer to Disney, but still only about 15 minutes away.

I have a friend who has a condo on Vineland just east of Kirkman,basically walking distance to Universal,but these are residential condos.

I remember reading somewhere that short term rentals are not allowed in the areas nearer to US/IOA. Heck, we'd be staying up there too instead of in the 192 area as we usually don't even visit WDW.

Orlando International Resort Club is another timeshare resort (mostly 2BRs) run by Wyndham/Fairfield. It's located at 5353 Del Verde Way, Orlando, FL, 32819, phone: 407-351-2641. Directions are: From Universal Blvd, turn LEFT onto International Drive, then go to the FIFTH traffic light and turn LEFT onto Del Verde Way.

This is a small "resort," rather like a local condo complex. At the center, there is a simple pool & hot tub, a tennis count, basketball, shuffleboard and a fitness room. There are 6 buildings surrounding the activity area - 3 have 9 units each and 3 have 12 units in each. Buildings are 3 stories and no elevators. 2nd floor units are townhomes which occupy the 2nd and 3rd floors. This is a quiet place without much in the way of organized activities. But they're reportedly well-maintained, comfortable and pleasant as a base for vacationing. You may look at photos on their website.

I remember reading somewhere that short term rentals are not allowed in the areas nearer to US/IOA. Heck, we'd be staying up there too instead of in the 192 area as we usually don't even visit WDW.

This is true. I live in a townhouse just under a mile from the front gate, and the HOA and city zoning forbid that. Sometimes family members will stay and walk or go to the park. It's nice to be able to walk or jog over there casually. But I do it less often than I would like. This year we'll be crowded with family around Christmas! I usually recommend to them in the busy season to get at least one night at one of the Uni hotels for the room key express.

The short answer is that there is nothing within reasonable walking distance available for that type of short term rental.

We're staying in a condo at Vista Cay when we we go to Universal over Spring Break. I haven't stayed there yet, but it's right by the Convention Center, and I believe is fairly close to Universal. We rented from an individual owner at http://www.vistacayrent.com/. It may be a few miles from Universal, but should be much, much closer than you were before.

If you plan to stay for around a week starting on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday there are several websites on which members may rent out their timeshare week. Just do a search on "vacation timeshare rentals" and you will see several. Some of the places are more desireable than others so once you find one that looks good you may want to do a search on "XYZ timeshare review" to make sure its not a dog. Two bedroom resorts typically rent from $700 to $2000 week depending on desirability of resort and week of rental. Good luck.:)

Wow! This has been an educational thread. Thanks to everyone who has responded.

Aside from Westgate Lakes I believe Westgate Palace is relatively close...I remember it being near Wet n Wild. 6145 Carrier Drive
Orlando , FL 32819. Website says its one mile from Universal. It's all fairly new but its also a high rise development.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter