Are there any topiscs posted that make you go "Why?"

Queen2PrincessG

DIS Veteran
Somethings just seem a bit private to me. I would never feel comfortable posting some of the information people do. For example pictures of my child in utero.

What is something you've seen posted that makes you have, "TMI! Why would you post this?"

*This is not a personal attack on any posters. Everyone has their own personal levels of comfort.

Somethings just seem a bit private to me. I would never feel comfortable posting some of the information people do. For example pictures of my child in utero.

What is something you've seen posted that makes you have, "TMI! Why would you post this?"

*This is not a personal attack on any posters. Everyone has their own personal levels of comfort.

popcorn::

Interesting that you posted this, since I have thought the very thing with some of your posts. :headache:

Tiger

You are probably right that some people post things that would beyond mosts comfort level.

On the other hand while you stated it's not a personal attack, it clearly is, you would be better off just privately messaging them and telling them how you feel.

I usually don't question threads, in general, on the Community board. I more wonder about some people's line of reasoning or thought process that leads them to a certain opinion.

ON THIS board, specifically, I question OT family threads. "What does this thread have to do with planning a Disney trip with you family?"

Actually, come to think of it, What does THIS thread have to do with planning a Disney trip with your family? :rotfl:

On the Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies board, I question threads more when they are along the lines of "what is the weather going to be like in January?" I mean... is Google broken? :confused3

I usually don't question threads, in general, on the Community board. I more wonder about some people's line of reasoning or thought process that leads them to a certain opinion.

ON THIS board, specifically, I question OT family threads. "What does this thread have to do with planning a Disney trip with you family?"

Actually, come to think of it, What does THIS thread have to do with planning a Disney trip with your family? :rotfl:

On the Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies board, I question threads more when they are along the lines of "what is the weather going to be like in January?" I mean... is Google broken? :confused3

SAME!!! :thumbsup2

And for that reason I think the community board should be expanded and subcategorized. I mean I think it's great that so many people on the dis want to discuss - well whatever. But the budget board, for example, kinda drives me insane. Almost NONE of the threads are actually about saving money at DISNEY. But just saving money in general. Lame. :rolleyes1

.... But the budget board, for example, kinda drives me insane. Almost NONE of the threads are actually about saving money at DISNEY. But just saving money in general. Lame. :rolleyes1

The budget board makes sense to me though for Disney planning as alot of people have to make savings pre-Disney to be able to get their disney trip in the first place. If you go to a non-Disney budget or frugal living board for that advice and mention you're saving with Disney as a goal despite being lower income you get shouted down and torn apart for being frivalous and various other things about how shallow spending so much on a vacation is, a budget board on the disboards is the only place where people understand why a person would coupon clip and cash in spare change to see Mickey!

That was me that posted the "what is the weather going to be like in January?
I'd rather ask a series of questions and get answers from people who are actually there in January rather than rely on a bureau of meteorology which is all science based, and gives answers based purely from a science point of view, peoples perceptions of the weather is usually different to what a scientist would say.
I did consult google, I don't have the time or inclination to sort through pages and pages when I can ask here and get an answer based upon experiences.

Fly away duck....nice...anything else?

I'd rather ask a series of questions and get answers from people who are actually there in January rather than rely on a bureau of meteorology which is all science based, and gives answers based purely from a science point of view, peoples perceptions of the weather is usually different to what a scientist would say.
I did consult google, I don't have the time or inclination to sort through pages and pages when I can ask here and get an answer based upon experiences.

Huh?? :confused3

The weather questions are the worst! I usually just ignore the poster after that. I mean if they cannot google I doubt they have any insight into Disney planning. :rotfl:

You post every one of them? :rotfl:

I guess from my point of view, people's opinions on weather is going to be different. Ask what the weather is like where I live, and the answer will be "snow in the winter, rain the the spring", but whether people LIKE that depends on the person. You'll get different responses from different people. I'd rather have average data for the month. In Florida, it's hotter in July and colder in January. But exactly HOW cold is it in January? 30's? 50's? You get people ask if you can wear shorts in Florida in January. Wouldn't that depend on what temperature a specific person feels as comfortable? I don't care how John Q. Public from Tampa feels about the weather. He or she lives in Florida all the time. How does temperatures in Florida relate to MY weather, that's what I want to know. People's opinions aren't going to give me that information.

Ever watch Mickeys Philharmagic? First time I watched it, during the scene with Alladan, Donald is falling from the sky and needs help to fly. But...Donald is a DUCK! Ducks can fly! Hence the name.

OPS! Thought I posted this on the community board! ( head hanging in shame) ( mods can you move this?

Andrew78- not sure what you are saying.

Like I said not attacking just using an example.

I agree with many about sometimes people needing to just google.

What I meant is a direct answer to what you posted. You clearly had an issue with someone or multiple people that put ultrasound pictures of their baby, or you are annoyed at how much information they give out. You ended by saying it's not a personal attack, all Im pointing out is it is personal cause you are directing this at somebody, so just let them know.

People get excited and what to share that excitment with others. If it bothers you so much then don't look at it.

No i was just using it as an example as something I feel is a bit personal. I'm sure there are people here who feel the same.

People get excited and what to share that excitment with others. If it bothers you so much then don't look at it.

Yes, but there is a difference of sharing and then pasting your entire life story on a message board or being too lazy to take the five minutes to research your question.

Yes, but there is a difference of sharing and then pasting your entire life story on a message board or being too lazy to take the five minutes to research your question.

Sorry but typing a question is my researching, it is a discussion board for the planning of WDW trips isn't it? Why can't I just ask, why do I have to google everything, I am a busy person someone will come along and answer for me because most people aren't that grumpy about it all.

If you don't want to read something it is quite easy to ignore the topic I do it a lot.

If you keep seeing the same questions come up maybe you are on here too much.

Kirsten

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter