Are there any restaurants you have absolutely no desire to try?

Just the ones that aren't that unique -- 9 dragons, the japanese ones, most of the burger ones.

I'd like to try The Wave but without kids.

I have an adr at Marrakesh for the belly dancer.
Please tell me about the food -- what is horrible about it?
:scared:

I'm not a big fan of antics, either, but we are going to 50s PTC (basically running out of TS to try at HS!). I'm hoping they'll take it easy on us. Yikes!

I LOVE our local Japanese steakhouses, so I don't really care to try Teppan Edo. I would like to try most of the other Epcot restaurants. Some are higher on the list than others, but we usually like to try all new things when we go (although we do return to 1 or 2 favorites each time), so I hope to try just about everything eventually!

I have eaten at just about every WDW restaurant (never eaten at Artist's Point, Kouzznia, Flying Fish, Bluezoo, or some of the DTD places but am interested in all of them) and there are only a few that I wouldn't go back to.

Mama Melrose
Shutters
Alkershus lunch and dinner (breakfast is good)
Mickey's Back Yard BBQ
Hollywood & Vine

The only restaurant that I have absolutely no desire to go to would be Trails End at Fort Wilderness, just reading the menu makes me ill.

There are lots of counter service locations that are not good IMHO.

All at DHS (besides Starring Rolls)
Electric Umbrella
Cantina San Angel
Pinnochio's Village Haus
Friar's Nook
Gasparilla

I also want to point out that the Brown Derby is fantastic, I don't get why some don't like it or wouldn't try it. The food is amazing and the desserts are even more amazing.

For me it has to be:

T-Rex (I like to hear myself think while eating)
Le Cellier (I can eat at a steakhouse anywhere, and probably cheaper)
Tutto Italia (I have found it impossible to get good Italian anywhere touristy...and this includes most of Rome)
Tappan Edo (Not that it isn't the kind of food I like, but there are similar restaurants right by me.)

The only restaurants I really like down there are Kona (for lunch), The Wave, Tusker House, and Boma. I am a healthy conscious eater and all of them have a lot of options that are unique enough to feel like you are eating somewhere that isn't ordinary. The other restaurants not on either list I can take or leave depending on how they fit into the vacation.

The PP that posted about San Angel Inn being more about the atmosphere than food is exactly what I think. I can get better and more authentic Mexican even up here in Ohio than at San Angel but on a hot day the cool atmosphere and proximity to the boat ride makes it worth a try.

I also want to point out that the Brown Derby is fantastic, I don't get why some don't like it or wouldn't try it. The food is amazing and the desserts are even more amazing.

Our food was medicore at best, and the service was downright horrible--worse than what we had at H&V and WCC. But like everything else, everyone has different experiences. I'm glad you enjoy it, though. :)

A lot of people don't like Marrakesh because they don't care for middle eastern food. People avoid San Angel Inn if they don't like Mexican. If you have an aversion to certain types of ethnic food, then you'd probably say you don't like restaurants that serve it. ;)

My list is as follows:

Chains found outside WDW:
Rainforest, T-Rex, Planet Hollywood. Why? I don't feel that I'm eating anywhere special while I'm at WDW if I could drive to one locally.

I also have no desire to go to Nine Dragons. The food seems mediocre to me.
I always have a goal to try every restaurant on property, but that one misses my list.

Oh, I don't do the dining plan, so the cost of Tutto Italia overrides any desire to eat there.

I'm surprised how many people don't want to go to Marrakesh...that is a must do for us! Love Moroccan food :) Same with Biergarten....yum!!!

We have no desire to try:
Nine Dragons
Liberty Tree Tavern
The Plaza
Brown Derby
Any of the expensive GF restaurants

Our food was medicore at best, and the service was downright horrible--worse than what we had at H&V and WCC. But like everything else, everyone has different experiences. I'm glad you enjoy it, though. :)
Maybe we are just lucky when it comes to the Brown Derby, we always have had great service and great food! The only item I have ever been disappointed with was the Cobb Salad, it was over chilled and contained some ice crystals, it would have been delicious if not for that.

Just the ones that aren't that unique -- 9 dragons, the japanese ones, most of the burger ones.

I'd like to try The Wave but without kids.

We ate lunch at Marrakesh last November and thought it was good. My hubby had the lamb and said it was one of his favorite meals. I don't like really exotic food, but I think I ordered the sampler maybe and ate everything.

Restaurants I have no desire to try:

Garden Grille
Hollywood Brown Derby
Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Citricos
Grand Floridian Cafe
Narcoossee's
Victoria and Albert's​

They just don't seem like fun..

As for the original question, there are no restaurants that I won't try and my goal is to go to them all least once. I don't listen to others' opinions and have found myself loving some places that generally get negative reviews (and vice versa).

My outlook is almost exactly like your statement- with one exeption, V & A. We have so many divine gourmet restaurants in New Orleans that I want to try before I will ever have the desire to eat at Victoria & Alberts. Plus, I really don't like devoting several hours to a meal while I'm in WDW. I'd rather be playing in the parks, lol.

My outlook is almost exactly like your statement- with one exeption, V & A. We have so many divine gourmet restaurants in New Orleans that I want to try before I will ever have the desire to eat at Victoria & Alberts. Plus, I really don't like devoting several hours to a meal while I'm in WDW. I'd rather be playing in the parks, lol.
I agree that New Orleans has ridiculously good restaurants Gallitoires, Comander's Palace, Brennans, Dicky Brennans, Shula's, Arnauld's, Melange, Ruth Chris, Drago's, just to name a few (still bummed about Couchon closing). Victoria and Alberts blows them all away, no joke!

The only restaurant I have not tried that I have no desire to try: San Angel. I can get good Mexican anytime and riding the Rio del Tiempo (whatever it's new name is) gives me as much of the theme experience as I care to try.

Several restaurants I will not return to willingly.

The only restaurant I have not tried that I have no desire to try: San Angel. I can get good Mexican anytime and riding the Rio del Tiempo (whatever it's new name is) gives me as much of the theme experience as I care to try.

Several restaurants I will not return to willingly.

The last time I ate at San Angel was waaaaay back in 1993. I don't even know if it was San Angel at that time. Anyway, I did not like the food at all, and was really sick that night. However, it is still on my "try someday" list because a) it has the most amazing atmosphere that I think my kids would love and b) it has been so long since I have eaten there that there's a good chance the food has improved (I hope). Not doing it on our next trip, but maybe someday!

San Angel (I can get Mexican food at home).
Nine Dragons (Chinese at home too)
The Wave (menu seems kind of bland)
Tony's (Can get italian food anywhere).

I do not have the desire to go to the folllowing

Chef Mickey's, other buffets in general
Rainforest Cafe, T-Rex
CRT
The Hollywood Brown Derby

I have no desire to try Marrakesh, Artist Point, and Biergarten. I'm not a fan of the food at any of them. I am up to try anything else.

Mine is San Angel (I like Tex-Mex but not usually "true" Mexican) or Whispering Canyon. I also doubt that I'll ever go to V&A's even though I'm sure it's good. I don't like spending that much for a meal.

Others don't necessarily appeal that much but I try to sample just about everything before ruling anything out.

Have zero interest in the TS in France. Just not the type of food I'm interested in.

As far as what we won't go back to:
~ TRex - waste of time and money
~ Rainforest

There are others that we frequent more than others, but we don't really hate a lot of places. But we're pretty easy to please.

Here we go ---

Mama Melroses
Hollywood and Vine
Rainforest Cafe
T-Rex
Tusker House
Garden Grill
Teppan Edo
Cosmic Rays...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter