• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are there any restaurants in WDW that you won't eat at?

HDD is one event we've never forgiven my mother for booking. Granted it was '79 or '84, too long ago to review the food (I do remember my parents didn't like it), but we hated the show...it was a nightmare to sit though and I still have horrible flashbacks whenever it gets mentioned. I can't believe it still runs and people still enjoy it.
I've never seen this one mentioned before. I have to agree that the food was just okay...the show was kind of boring. It's not worth 2 meal credits but I'm glad I saw it once.

There are several....

1) BOG - a lovely cafeteria with the best building and the worst food within a park.
2) LeCelier - elevated to a SIG for crowd control.
3) MPauls - see number 2).
4) The Boathouse - amphibious cars from 1956, and no serious menu.

What are the thoughts on Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria?
I love Via Napoli. I think it has the best pizza in all of WDW.

As for places my family will never eat again that is just one place The Rainforest Cafe is that place. Not really because we thought the food was bad because it was not but because there was a Rainforest Cafe in my area that we ate at all the time. We ate there in DTD once to see if there was anything different at the Disney location and it really wasn't.

I'll never waste my time/money at Planet Hollywood, Rainforest or any "chain" restaurant within WDW. Why bother when you have one down the road? (granted if you're from somewhere without those restaurants they may be a "treat")

I can't think of any table service I absolutely would never eat at again. However, the thought of any quick service at MK makes me queasy. If I needed a quick service meal while I was at MK I would hop on the monorail and visit one of the quick service restaurants at the MK-area monorail resorts.

I've seen many threads on the best restaurants, etc. - but rarely do I see threads on the worst. Are there any restaurants, counter or table service, that you absolutely avoid?

For me, it's T-Rex. I mean, we've never eaten there - it just seems so noisy that we've not even entertained it. Our perception could be completely wrong - but I'm thinking not.

Garden Grill- granted we ate there back in 2008 and they've changed the format, but it was so beyond awful that we won't ever give it a second chance.

Rainforest Cafe- we have them here and the food is awful.

Rose & Crown- had such a poor experience here in 2007, we just won't ever go back.

Cosmic Ray's- cold grilled chicken sandwich. It literally has to be the only thing open for us to eat here.

I think Garden Grill has to be the absolute worst meal we've ever had at WDW!

Chef Mickey's.

Never. Again. *shudders*

We also had a HORRIBLE experience at Rose and Crown, but I'd be willing to try it again but only do beers, and sit outside on the patio.

Coral Reef is probably the worst meal we've ever had at Disney. Although, the restaurant is very popular because you can sit right in front of aquarium. But then you have other guests coming up and asking you to move so they can take a pic of the sea turtle. This is one restaurant that would be really amazing if they just fixed the menu and the quality of food.

The only place I won't eat at again is Chef Mickey's. Food was just meh and IMO over priced. I am surprised at how many people say Tony's. Have eaten there only once but I really enjoyed it. Only complaint is that the wait was too long even with ADR.
With that said my favorites are: Le Cellier ( best meal we had on our last trip), T-Rex (food and atmosphere is always good!!), Via Napoli (will probably eat here twice on our next trip), BOG-lunch (food and atmosphere were great--can't beat for the cost of a CS credit), Whispering Canyon ( we loved the food and the CM interaction).

Oh and I will never eat at The Wave again.....only tried it because we were staying at The Contemporary. Food was not all that great and was way over priced.

Honestly, I think most complaints (including my own) are the result of not managing our own expectations. Yeah, it's Disney and you're paying more for everything, but seriously: counter service should be basically equivalent to fast food, table service is about chain restaurant quality, and Sigs should be elevated from there. Having said that, we thought Tony's was fine for what it is, which is Olive Garden-esque "italian." I had a caesar salad, hubs had spaghetti, and we found them both to be as expected. Honestly, we were pleasantly surprised to find that the desserts (pistachio creme brûlée and amaretto cheesecake) exceeded both our expectations. If you have easy access to really fantastic Italian restaurants all around you (or even better, a fantastic Italian mom or grandmother, lucky!) then, yeah, you're probably going to be disappointed, so maybe steer clear of the "italian" restaurants. I'm from the South, and (in my opinion) I'd be pretty hard-pressed to find better fried chicken than my grandmother's, or better barbecue than the little place my dad has taken me since I was maybe three, so I make it a point to not make ADRs for places like 50sPT or dinner at HDD, Whispering Canyon, or Trail's End, because I feel like I really wouldn't be making a fair comparison.

As for places that I wouldn't be in a big rush to return to:

Columbia Harbor House- A lot of people really love CHH, but for two people who are really not fond of "fast-food seafood", it was a poor choice made in times of weakness and extreme hunger. :sad2:

Le Cellier- I feel my issue here was a valid one... I don't think it's too much to ask to not be seated so closely to the party next to you that when a child spills his entire glass of water, it ends up in your lap. I get it, kids can be clumsy and sometimes accidents happen, and I was in no way upset with him (definitely not as upset as his mom was!) but it occurred to me that if they had just not HAD to squeeze that one extra two-top into the banquette seating, I might not have looked like I wet myself for the remainder of the evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter