Are there any resorts that hold no appeal to you?

My list of "no thanks" include:

All Stars Resorts
The Contemporary
Polynesian
Fort Wilderness

These resorts just have no appeal to me at all for various reasons. Not really a value gal, but stayed at Pop once and it was better than expected. The Contemporary and the Poly have never had any appeal. I think of them as "tired". I am not an outdoor person at all, so I would never want to stay at Fort Wilderness.

I have stayed at:

Pop
Caribbean Beach
Port Orleans Riverside
Port Orleans French Quarter
Beach Club
Boardwalk Inn

Would love to stay at Yacht Club, Wilderness Lodge and Grand Floridian. I am staying at CSR in December and would stay at AKL, however, the location is not ideal. SSR and OKW would probably be okay, but they are not high on the list of possibilities for me.

Wilderness Lodge & Fort Wilderness. I live in PA with all the fishing, hunting, and camping you could possibly want-I am not a fan.

When I go on vacation I want to see palm trees and sand, not the woods :goodvibes

All the value resorts do not appeal to me. However, my son saw a picture of the Toy Story statues at ASMo and he is now begging to stay there next time. :eek:

The AllStar resorts, I stayed at Music quite a few years ago but POP is the way I go if I want value.

Boardwalk, Saratoga Springs, and Old Key West. For no particular reason either.

The one I never wanted to go to was OKW. Then I stayed there and now it's one of my favorites. I don't have any real desire to stay at CBR, so I'd probably love that too! :love::confused:

What changed your mind about OKW?

I had stated that was a resort I had no desire to stay, but now I'm curious, since you said that after you stayed there, now you love it. I might be missing out on a good thing. ;)

Poly - love the restaurants there but the rooms are so dark looking and the feel is so 70s.

ASsports - I'm not into sports at all.

AKL- We didn't care for Boma's and the lobby is so dark.

BMW - the clown pool is downright weird. The rest of the resort seems nice.

CSR doesn't really appeal to me either.

Probably AKL - NO APPEAL (just seems like it would be too "Hot" for some reason - not a relaxing feel for me ( I am more of a spa/beach girl), and just too far away)

The Value resorts - although I really don't know what amenities I would miss

Fort Wilderness - NO APPEAL - I am not a campy/woodsy kinda person

Polynesian - VERY LITTLE APPEAL - the theme seems kind of outdated and 70's ish to me

Always been a fan on the original monorail resorts, and now that they're vintage I love them even more. One of the things I'm trying to get away from when I go to WDW is the last twenty or thirty years of cultural development.

I've never been to a value. I like their punchy theming, though. They are what they are, motel rooms, so Disney might as well make things fun.

As far as mods go, I've only been to CBR. It was passable. I imagine the other mods are similar: nice looking and fairly immersive outside your room, kind of bleh inside your room. All three mod themes appeal to me though.

As for the deluxes I haven't stayed at, the lodges appeal to me most. AKL seems more interesting and vibrant, but its location is horrible. WL looks charming.

I WAS very interested in the EPCOT hotels until I visited them on our last trip. They seemed to have the coldness of the GF, but none of the grandeur or conviction. They seemed kind of drab and unconvincing and they went on forever.

As a last remark, while I'd stay at any level of resort, I'd never stay at one of the timeshare condos. I'm sure they're nice, I just don't like that they exist in the first place. And especially that they've been attached to perfectly lovely resorts when there would've been plenty of room for them elsewhere.

Always been a fan on the original monorail resorts, and now that they're vintage I love them even more. One of the things I'm trying to get away from when I go to WDW is the last twenty or thirty years of cultural development.

I've never been to a value. I like their punchy theming, though. They are what they are, motel rooms, so Disney might as well make things fun.

As far as mods go, I've only been to CBR. It was passable. I imagine the other mods are similar: nice looking and fairly immersive outside your room, kind of bleh inside your room. All three mod themes appeal to me though.

As for the deluxes I haven't stayed at, the lodges appeal to me most. AKL seems more interesting and vibrant, but its location is horrible. WL looks charming.

I WAS very interested in the EPCOT hotels until I visited them on our last trip. They seemed to have the coldness of the GF, but none of the grandeur or conviction. They seemed kind of drab and unconvincing and they went on forever.

As a last remark, while I'd stay at any level of resort, I'd never stay at one of the timeshare condos. I'm sure they're nice, I just don't like that they exist in the first place. And especially that they've been attached to perfectly lovely resorts when there would've been plenty of room for them elsewhere.

I felt the same way about the Epcot resorts until we stayed there last year. My wife and I had walked around all of them a few years earlier, and I went running back to Epcot as fast as I could. Well, one stay at the Beach Club, and now we're hooked. We actually love the lobby, the pool, Beaches and Cream, the 3 minute walk we had to Epcot...trust me, I could go on and on.

There are other resorts I'd still like to try, but it's going to be tough to go anywhere other than the Beach Club from now on.

My NO List:
- all Value resorts
- Coronado Springs - stayed there for a convention several yrs ago and it was ok.
-Wilderness Lodge - I live in rural PA, I don't need to see anymore cabins or have a woodsy feel/theme.

ours,

#1 resort we just have no desire to be in is the Contemporary

#2 Swan and Dolphin if those are part of the monster list of resorts.

#3 Coranado Springs

#4 any of the values, we're dvc snobs

I don't even look at the price/availability of these resorts, I have no interest in any of them:

SSR
CSR
OKW
POR
Fort Wilderness

Some of these resorts are just way too spread out. I like having 1 central bus location and not have to trek a great distance to get back to our room.

My ideal resorts
BC - deluxe
POFQ - mod
POP - value

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter