Are there any resorts that hold no appeal to you?

While I definitely like certain resort theming better than others, there aren't too many that I dislike. With that being said though, I stayed at All Star Movies and really disliked it and the general feeling of the value resorts. I'm happy they are building some family suites at the values but this is frustrating because I'd rather see these family suites at the deluxes or at least at the moderates. I MIGHT change my mind if these family suites are FAB but that is yet to be determined :)

Simple question.....The Contemporary! Being in the Contemporary gives a "0" feeling of being in Disneyworld other than the themed restaurants. Please no flames.

The Grand Floridian,just never seemed like the atmosphere was for me.Also ssr and okw have no appeal either.

coronodo springs- i dont kow why i just dont like the theme and it doesnt seem disney seems more buisnessy (probably because theres a convention center)

ft wilderness- we dont camp but i would love to stay at WL and hope to in december

swan and dolphin- i love the epcot resort areas and have stayed at the BC and would stay at all the others but another one that seems more of a buisness hotel

CSR-stayed there once and didn't like it too much. The problem may have been that we were in the Ranchos section and it was mid-June and way too stinking hot!

CBR-too spread out-would love the Pirate rooms but too far from main pool/foodcourt

GF-no appeal to us whatsoever

OKW-just returned from 4 nights and just didn't care for it

For me: All Star Sports
DD: Grand Floridan
DS: Animal Kingdom Lodge
DH: Wilderness Campgrounds.

I do not care for any of the Value or Moderate Resorts.

It's not that I'm a snob, it's just that I prefer all of the conveniences that the Deluxe Resorts (especially the Beach Club) offer:

• Easy access to other forms of transportation other than buses.

• Closer proximity to the parks...Many of which you can walk to.

• A larger and better selection of restaurants, not merely food courts.

• The overall ambience of a Deluxe Resort is generally better than a Moderate Resort and is definitely better than any Value Resort.

There are a few more reasons that I prefer a Deluxe Resort (again, especially the Beach Club) but these reasons are the ones that stand out most.

It's funny how some people are so loyal to a certain resort.
We always start out planning a different resort but ALWAYS stay at YC for the atmosphere and location, location, location!
GF seems too fancy and Poly and Contemporary too dated.
AK and FW seem far from everything.
We did do BW on our honeymoon and thought it was too noisy.

I have no interest in the values. I mean, I wouldn't turn down a free trip there, but can't see many circumstances where I would book there.

POFQ's theme doesn't wow me, but I would be willing to stay there if someone else wanted to. Likewise, SSR's theme doesn't blow me away, but i would still be happy to stay there! I agree that YC/BC didn't feel like it had much theming, I felt like I could be in any hotel when I was in those lobbies.

All the others I have either stayed at and enjoyed, or would actively be willing to stay.

I really don't care for BW. I hate how all the restaurants are outside of the hotel out on the "Boardwalk" and I hate that ugly clown pool. That's not where I want to spend the day relaxing!

Any of the values, just not my thing...too motel like for me.

CSR, although Id be willing to try it I suppose but it is not on my list of must see resorts.

YC doesn't hold much appeal to me, I like the light airy side of the BC and would choose that anytime over YC.

Also OKW or SSR unless it were the treehouse villas. If I am going to pay deluxe prices I want to either be near MK or Epcot. My fave things about deluxes are alternate forms of transportation such as boats or monorails to the parks.

I used to say WL held no appeal to me, I live in Colorado and the mountain, lodgey thing seemed too familar. Then last year we got a sudden bonus and were all set to upgrade and it was the only thing left on the 4/3 deal. So I started researching it and got all excited. Alas, my inlaws who were coming with us couldn't get the upgrade to work with their dates and we had to pass it up. Suddenly that bum resort I had no desire to stay in, was my new heartbreak hotel! I vow to try it someday in the future.

I also wasn't thrilled on the ASSP idea but let my son pick a resort for his 10th birthday trip and we loved the place.

I would stay at any of them.

I have to say, I am surprised at how many don't want to stay at the CR and Yacht Club, maybe I am missing a bad vibe on those two, but I would love to stay at either one!

The Polynesian - blech. I've visited there to eat and shop and there's nothing about it save its location that I like. And for location, I'd rather stay at GF or my lovely BLT home resort. :goodvibes

The value resorts in general do not appeal to me at all - they lack the things I most enjoy in a resort. The moderates are somewhat similar, though I can stand them for a shorter "filler" trip like the one we did this year that was just DS8 and me - the goal was an inexpensive "bonus" trip and we didn't want to use any DVC points for it. But of them, CSR just isn't for me (and I've stayed there 2x). I probably wouldn't stay at CBR again if I were choosing, but DS did love the pool. POR is nice enough - stayed there before. But again, they're all lacking things I look for in a resort.

The Poly - It feels dated...The experience leaves me thinking that Carol BRady is going to walk around the corner with alice at any moment.

That is SOOO funny- I have the same impression of the Poly. NO interest in going there at all. It's seems like it's straight out of the 1970's!!!

Grand Floridian (just too flowery and old grandma carpet looking for me. I'm a less fussy type of girl!!), CBR (visited a friend staying there once and my LORD the walking you have to do to get anywhere at that place. It's HUGE. I prefer the more compact resorts), Boardwalk (demonic clown pool...nuff said:scared1:).

And just for the record, poor old All Star Sports is actually a really cool little resort. It's the first drop off and pick up for the three, it's not usually over crowded and the theming is actually great. ASSp is the red headed step child of the resorts. Poor thing.:sad1:;) We stayed there for a night before our vacation at Beach club started and we REALLY loved it. Give it a chance y'all!!!:goodvibes

SSR-too big, too far away from everthing, and too top dollar to take less of an experience.

Any of the values.
Poly -- stayed there once. Once was enough
Contemporary -- the style just does not appeal to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter