Are there any non "luxury" accomodations for 10-14?

YoHoYoHofromWI

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

We're planning a family trip to WDW next Nov/Dec. In researching vacation rentals, many seem too......formal looking as far as furnishings go. Our party is between 12 and 14 -- with 6 of those being children under age 12. I look through photos of some of these places and think, oh my gawsh, if one of my kids sat down on that light colored or microsuede sofa with dirty/sticky hands or something, how would I get it clean again? Basically, I don't want to feel like we can't sit down on the furniture.

I'd been focusing our search on Windsor Hills, as I hear that's one of the closer resorts to the Disney gates. But again, for the unit size we're looking at most seem a little formal for our taste. So I thought maybe there are other resort communities, even if they are a bit further away, which would suit us better. Any suggestions? Which other resorts are relatively close to WDW (MK is where we'll spend most of our time I think)?

I am sure there are many family friendly homes to rent. Put a request in specific to what you are looking for. Many individuals ask for certain items such as beds, baths, games room, spa and much more. I am sure you will find a great home that will fit your group. Good luck.

We had this same problem last year, looking for a house that is kid friendly and not to stuffy. We chose a six bedroom house in Windsor hills called the Florida escape. great house all the amenities and not all the additional fluff, like silk plants everywhere and furniture you wouldn't want to sit on. Great people to work with also. We are staying there again in August 2010. Their website is www.thefloridaescape.com. don't know how to post a link just type it in. Good luck in your search.

Natorimom -
Funny...I was going to recommend Florida Escape as well. We stayed there for 8 days in August with our extended family and really enjoyed it. We had 4adults and 7 kids in our party (7,8,11,13,14,16,17) and agree that it was nicely decorated without being fussy.

Things we really liked about this house: air-conditioned game room(key for August), comfortable beds, bed configuration in the rooms (twins, bunks, kings,etc) and plenty of dishes, utensils for a party of 11.

hello, what a coincidence because there are so many homes there. We enjoyed the house. We had ten in our party last year and only seven this year, could have gone for something smaller but the teenagers had so much fun with all the electronics, decided to go back. The owners was so great to work with. We loved it, nicely decorated but very children friendly. I am so conscious of the kids touching and moving things around, and my teenagers play around so much i would be scared they would break something. This house met our needs perfectly.

Natorimom -
Agree that if we decide to go back anytime soon, the kids would definitely not let us book a different house! So I can see why, with a smaller group, you still wound up there.

Reading your post caused me to reflect on how much fun we had here and how much we enjoyed the space! I wish I was back there now.

I really have to go into vrbo and put in my comments on this rental. I haven't done that yet and these people were very easy to work with and the house was great.

Try sunkissed-villas.com! It is also feature at homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p237163 It is at Windsor Hills and it would be perfect for you. We are also going with about 12 people 4 of which are under the age of 10. The owners Scott and Marie are super nice! The house was just built in April of 2009! The set up of this place is very kid friendly.

TV/DVD in every room
2 Strollers, crib, and toys for the kid
Fully Screened in PRIVATE Pool and Hot Tub with Security Fence for Children
They have every game system Wii, Playstation 2, Xbox, even a Vsmile LOL
1 Teen/Young Adult Bedroom with a Double Full Bunk Bed
1 Disney's Cars Themed Bedroom with 2 Twin Beds
1 Disney's Princesses Themed Bedroom with 2 Twin Beds
2 Master En-Suite Bedrooms with King Beds
1 Queen Bedroom
4 Full Bathrooms with a Tub AND Shower in 3 of the 4 bathrooms
Cafe Bistro Style Dining Area with Seating for 14
Fully Screened in Patio/Lanai with Outdoor Dining Area and Optional Grill
Huge Family Game and Rec Room
Gourmet Kitchen with Stainless Steel Appliances and Granite Countertops
Huge Family Room / Lounge Area
Computer Area with Computer and Free Internet
Large, Partially Fenced Back Yard
And MUCH MORE!

It is really great for a large group who have children! Be sure to check out the pics!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter