Are there any comprehensive maps?

hkkatie

Mouseketeer
Our trip is still a couple years off, but I'm having fun preparing now. We will most likely be staying off-site and renting a car for our trip. My question is, is there a comprehensive map that will show you the routes to get around? Or once we are on Disney property, is it easy to manage? Is the signage good? We won't be park hopping, so I'm not worried about that, but is it easy to find the parking lots at the different parks? Is it easy to find the resorts if we have dining reservations? What other things are important to know about driving?

Last edited:
We just use google navigation on our phones. It has never steered us wrong.

Have you looked at the interactive map on Disneyworld.com?

Here is a jpeg of an overview map. It appears to be up-to-date, except for DTD not being renamed.
https://flic.kr/p/EXuxK8
I haven't used Flickr in a while or tried posting a link to it since DIS switched board software, but I think you will be able to download it if you follow the link. Because it's square instead of paper-shaped, if you print it AKL and SOG will be cut off on the left edge.

Be aware that a couple of years from now, roads around DS & TL will be different, and the roads in the area of AoA, EWWS, and DHS will probably be undergoing changes as construction of the new DHS entrance hopefully will be well underway.

Alamo/National has a terrific, and large, map of the whole area. It's really fabulous.

Other than that, the signage is great. Know what area your resort is in. Know what area you're going to.

If your resort is in the MK area and you're going to Epcot, know that you're going to Epcot and watch for those signs. On the way back, know that you're going to the MK area and watch for *those* signs, then narrow it down as you get closer.

If there will be more than one adult in the car, have one drive and ONE navigate. Choose those people wisely. Also, know that even if you miss something, eventually you'll find it again. There is no need to panic (though try to avoid getting onto toll roads accidentally LOL).

And when you park at a park, take a picture of the sign indicating what area you're in. It will save huge arguments later on, I promise.

I agree with other posters above. Signage at Disney is excellent. And rather than use a paper map, I'd use a GPS or Google navigation. I always Google all of the addresses before I go and write them down, and just plug them into my GPS or phone when I'm there. Just be sure to have a co-pilot and you'll do fine!

Yeah, if you google it you'll see tons of maps. One of my faves is this one. If you go to their site you can get the huge one.

wdw-transport-map-small.png

Thank you all for the maps! Much appreciated! I'm a little overwhelmed by it all, so I'm really thankful for the help.

I was really nervous about the driving part. We were staying off site and I was renting a car for the first time ever. It was me and my 13 year old twins. I looked at maps very often before leaving. I did print out directions in case GPS ever failed me (didn't know how signal would be and had heard sometimes you get directed to cast member entrances or freight areas etc) as I like to have the back up. In the end the signage was fantastic but I was also glad I had looked at the area maps online. I found a couple of back roads that helped (we were there for 4th of July so I wanted to have some alternatives). I got my bearings very quickly because I had a visual in my head of where I was and where I needed to go. We had no problems at all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter