• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are the pools heated?

imortalcandy

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip in 2011 and were wondering if all the pools are heated.
Also is the adult pool a good size or is it just standing room?
And this may sound like a strange question but are there alot of "large" women in bathing suits? Iam bigger and I dont want to walk around in a bathing suit if Im a minority. kwim

The pools are heated. We are not all 20 somethings in size 0s...there are plenty like me who are plus sized and over 50.

All pools on the ship are small, but the adult pool is much less crowded than the kid pools!

And some of us 20-somethings are plus sized too! I never felt uncomfortable hanging out around the pool in my bathing suit. ;)

I'm a 20-something pooh-sized gal myself. I guess I never learned that you aren't supposed to wear the same size as the age you are.

Thanks,
friends of ours went on a cruise (non disney) and said most of the ppl were fit and in bikinis, I just wanted to make sure thats not how it would be. I was picturing my large size walking around all these skinny ppl and they were all looking at me. I didnt mean to offend anyone here, I just have a lot of anxiety about my size.

((hugs to you)) I'm quite certain that there are plenty of us Moms and non-Moms alike, who cannot and will not be wearing a bikini of any kind! :)

And then there will be some other folks who may be able to wear theirs for the first few days of the cruise but not after that! lol.

If you go Jan 15th you can join me. Other people have asked this question too. Sounds like plenty of body sizes are around. However, I still hope to be a smaller by my cruise. I'm of to exercise...

No worries OP I am in shape if you count round! LOL! I never felt uncomfortable on my last Disney cruise.

We were disappointed in the size of the pools... they are all small. The people were of varying sizes, though!

We were disappointed in the size of the pools... they are all small. The people were of varying sizes, though!

It's true the pools are small, but in our experience the adult pool is almost always empty so we don't mind it being small. We have no kids so we avoid the other two pools like the plague!

Well, interesting topic. Here are my thoughts: Almost everyone is going to have an issue in their bathing suit. For instance, I am slender but have no chest to speak of..so I would never criticize any one else's body. For other ladies, it might be stretch marks, surgical scars, bent toes, faded tattoos, etc.
I mean, you kind of have to have a pretty flawless body to pull off most of the suits out there (or at least not have given birth:rotfl:) heehee. And some people don't seem to be bothered to show off everything, while some people do.

It's vacation; it's a Disney cruise! Find a suit that makes you feel good and enjoy yourself. Who cares what anyone thinks- YOU ARE ON YOUR VACATION!!!!
Have a great trip!

We are planning a trip in 2011 and were wondering if all the pools are heated.
Also is the adult pool a good size or is it just standing room?
And this may sound like a strange question but are there alot of "large" women in bathing suits? Iam bigger and I dont want to walk around in a bathing suit if Im a minority. kwim

You will be fine in a suit! There are people of every size and shape and more with a little more weight than the bikini perfect type!

And they're nice and warm. The kids pools are mobbed, even when it's cold out. I swam in the adult pool in gale winds and 50-something temps a couple weeks ago and was quite comfortable (until I got out!).

And some of us 20-somethings are plus sized too! I never felt uncomfortable hanging out around the pool in my bathing suit. ;)

Totally off topic (although I am also Pooh-sized and didn't want to wear my swimsuit out there until I saw that I was actually in the majority!)

Anyway....I just wanted to say I LOVE YOUR AVATAR! I love it so much, I have the full-sized ones in my bedroom! Just like they were in the shop window on the ship. :thumbsup2

OMG, its so funny that you brought up "large" women. I am a large woman and 2 of my children are bigger kids...we were just watching the Disney Cruise DVD, (for the like the millionth time, its sad really) We decided we need to make a DVD showing REAL people on the cruise. If it was up to Disney you would think only people size 8 and under were allowed on the ship! My kids are like, were are all the fat people? I joke and say wait till we get to the food portion, then you will see us. But nope, no fat people there either... sorry if the word fat offends people but we are pretty open about our size..lol theres no hiding it. However, I think you will be fine in your swimsuit just no thongs, thats not attractive no matter what size you are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter