• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are the Poly Connecting Studios working out?

Gillyrose779

DIS Veteran
Now that Poly DVC has been up and running for some time I wanted to see if I could get some input. Has anyone requested the connecting studios? Were there any issues?

I don't think we could ever do without a 1 bedroom but part of me wouldn't mind trying 2 connecting studios just once.

I did not realize they even had connecting studios! Which building are they in? We are renting points so do we have to have the owner put in our room requests or can we do that some how?

we stayed at the poly a few weeks ago and had connecting studios and it worked out great. The connecting doors are right as you walk in so there wasn't any noise even with them open.

I did not realize they even had connecting studios! Which building are they in? We are renting points so do we have to have the owner put in our room requests or can we do that some how?

All of the DVC longhouses are connecting studios. Its just a request not a booking category. You would have to have the owner submit the request.

we stayed at the poly a few weeks ago and had connecting studios and it worked out great. The connecting doors are right as you walk in so there wasn't any noise even with them open.

All of the DVC longhouses are connecting studios. Its just a request not a booking category. You would have to have the owner submit the request.
WOW!! That is frustrating!!! When I was originally going to go through Davids DVC they told me that there were no connecting Studios!!! I am very glad I did not end up going with them!! I will contact the owner I am going with then. They have been VERY helpful!!! Thank you!!!! This information is priceless for our group!!! We have 2 studios due to my parents going with us. Our children love to stay with them so it would be really nice to have a connecting room. I know it is only a request but Disney has been very good about this with our past trip!!! Now looking for some more Disney magic on this up coming trip!!

Not to defend the mistake your rental company made, Horse11, because they should have well known that fact but the Polynesian is the ONLY DVC resort I can think of that can possibly have connecting studios. As said, they are all connecting to my knowledge and they are very, very roomy for a studio. The split bathrooms are really great for when you have more than 2 people staying in a room too. Sure wish they had squeezed in a small W/D in that HUGE bathroom with the toilet and tub shower though………..

WOW!! That is frustrating!!! When I was originally going to go through Davids DVC they told me that there were no connecting Studios!!! I am very glad I did not end up going with them!! I will contact the owner I am going with then. They have been VERY helpful!!! Thank you!!!! This information is priceless for our group!!! We have 2 studios due to my parents going with us. Our children love to stay with them so it would be really nice to have a connecting room. I know it is only a request but Disney has been very good about this with our past trip!!! Now looking for some more Disney magic on this up coming trip!!
As a previous poster stated, the DVC owner you are working with can request that your two studios connect but it is just a request, not a guarantee. That may be why David's said what they did because they cannot guarantee that you will get connecting studios.

FWIW (and it may not be much, LOL), I have not read of even one instance that someone requested connecting studios at the DVC Poly and did not receive their request. Since we tend to hear about the "not so great" far more than the "it was wonderful", I think it is quite promisiing that we haven't had any reports of the connecting request not granted.

Good luck!

I am glad to hear that people are getting connected, when requested. I haven't had the need to do it, but I really want to do a Gals trip at the Poly, and that's what I would want!:)

Really great point, CarolMN! And no doubt we WOULD have heard about it if someone on the boards had not gotten their requested connecting rooms. Since all the studios are connecting, it should pose little to no problem for the resort's room assigners to make that little bit of "magic" happen. :teeth:

Really great point, CarolMN! And no doubt we WOULD have heard about it if someone on the boards had not gotten their requested connecting rooms. Since all the studios are connecting, it should pose little to no problem for the resort's room assigners to make that little bit of "magic" happen. :teeth:
I thought there were some studios that did not have connecting doors. Or they could put you in two studios that were side by side, but connected to other studios. Connecting studios isn't even a request you can make, just a hopeful thing.

I was really hoping they would make connecting studios a booking category. In the other DVC resorts if you want a 2BR lockoff you can book one. They don't make you book a 1BR and a studio and request that they be connecting rooms. From a technical perspective, making "2 connecting studios" a booking category would be very similar to the 2BR lockoff so I'm surprised they didn't make it available.

Connecting studios isn't even a request you can make, just a hopeful thing.

Hi Deb&Bill, have you officially been told this?? Rooms near each other and/or connecting rooms has always been possible as a request. And of course along with "requests" come the caveat, "requests are never guaranteed".

While there could be Poly Studios that don't connect, I've yet to see one. I have had 2 separate rez's there and have visited a BUNCH of people staying at the Poly since I live nearby. I have not yet seen a studio without a connecting door. They could be there, but I have neither heard of it nor seen it. Any MS folks or Poly FD folks out there that can verify either way?

From the floor plans I saw, all the Polynesian studios connect in pairs. 1 connects to 2, 3 connects to 4, etc. Problem comes if only 2 and 3 are available, they don't connect to each other even though they are next to each other.

From the floor plans I saw, all the Polynesian studios connect in pairs. 1 connects to 2, 3 connects to 4, etc. Problem comes if only 2 and 3 are available, they don't connect to each other even though they are next to each other.

There are 2 studios that are dedicated at the Poly. If I am recalling correctly it's in Moorea at the end of the building on the 1st floor.

Regarding connecting room requests - I'll find out in 9 days!

Even if they always honor the connecting rooms, it will never be a great selling point unless they make it a booking category.

They will never let this slip while PVB is still for sell. That would be a PR meltdown. My guess is that they would go as far as to upgrade to a bungalow before they dropped the ball on connecting rooms. At least, until they sell out...

What happens after they sell out?

A booking request is not a guarantee. Period.

There are 2 studios that are dedicated at the Poly. If I am recalling correctly it's in Moorea at the end of the building on the 1st floor.

All of the studios in Moorea are connecting pairs. I went through the floorplans for Moorea and each studio shows a connecting door. If there are any dedicated studios at PVB, they aren't in Moorea.

Moorea is the only PVB longhouse with its floorplans on file, so I can't check Pago Pago or Tokalau to see if they have any dedicated studios.

If there are dedicated, non-connecting studios in Moorea on the end on the first floor, it must be the end nearest the TTC, because I know for a fact those studios on the opposite 1st floor end of Moorea are connecting on both sides of the hall.

All of the studios in Moorea are connecting pairs. I went through the floorplans for Moorea and each studio shows a connecting door. If there are any dedicated studios at PVB, they aren't in Moorea.

Moorea is the only PVB longhouse with its floorplans on file, so I can't check Pago Pago or Tokalau to see if they have any dedicated studios.

Went searching - it's Tokelau - Rooms 1928 and 1929 were converted to storage so 1927 and 1930 do not connect.

Went searching - it's Tokelau - Rooms 1928 and 1929 were converted to storage so 1927 and 1930 do not connect.

That's interesting! Might consider requesting one of them for future stays! Had some issues at AKL with noise from the connecting door in a lock-off...

Regarding connecting room requests - I'll find out in 9 days!

Figured I'd report back here - we received our request for connecting LV studios. It was originally 1 standard view and 1 lakeview but I changed the standard to a LV approx 3 weeks out or so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter