Are the new boards hurting your eyes?

Boardwalk Tigger

DIS Veteran
I love the new board setup but I am finding the glare is hurting my eyes!!!! This has never happened before. Anyone else experiencing this? I hope my eyes will adjust soon. :rolleyes:

I don't really notice the glare so much, but the size of the print is a bit of a problem for me. It wasn't long ago that I discovered I could adjust the "View" to large print...now I seem to have it as big as it gets and it just isn't anywhere near big enough anymore; doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it. Kinda hard on the old eyes, it is... :eek: :eek:

:earboy2:

I thought it was just me! Not that I'm happy that someone else's eyes are hurting....

If you scroll down to the very bottom of any page (or at least the bottom of an open thread page) on the left is a scroll box where you can change the 'look' of the boards.... some are easier on the eyes than others.

I am just happy Alex moved our names back over to the side.

Laurabearz said:
If you scroll down to the very bottom of any page (or at least the bottom of an open thread page) on the left is a scroll box where you can change the 'look' of the boards.... some are easier on the eyes than others.

I am just happy Alex moved our names back over to the side.
New boards are wonderful, no eye problems, but I couldn't get the color changes to work. I'm sure they are still working on the details, I'm in no rush.

It seems I can get the colors to change on all the boards except the DVC boards???

:3dglasses No this is just a test
Boardwalk Tigger said:
I love the new board setup but I am finding the glare is hurting my eyes!!!! This has never happened before. Anyone else experiencing this? I hope my eyes will adjust soon. :rolleyes:

Perhaps if you scroll down to the bottom and select a different color, it will be easier on your eyes. Check it out.

Can anyone get into the Community Boards or Trip Reports? I can't and I don't know why?

I changed the color to Orlando Blue yesterday, but it seems to be the text in the messages themselves that's bothering my eyes. If I can get the text to be black instead of blue that might help. Otherwise, I guess it's just something I'll have to adjust to. Aside from that, though, I like the new format. Especially now that the names and other info are back on the left side instead of spread out across the screen.

I don't think it's the blue text that's the problem, or that changing it to black will help. The problem is the white background. We're used to gray, which is easier on the eye. The black text on white background, which was introduced to the public with MacWrite years ago, is really a usability nightmare. Apple knew this at the time, but chose to go with it anyway because they favored the metaphor of a sheet of paper with print on it. But dark print on pale gray is healthier for the eye.

I Tried changing the "look" but they all look the same to me.. maybe I am doing something wrong....

NandP said:
I Tried changing the "look" but they all look the same to me.. maybe I am doing something wrong....

I tried changing the look as well but they all hve the same color scheme. These new boards are hard on my eyes and I have 20/20 vision. The boards are causing me to strain my eyes to read the print. Dont get me wrong I do love the new boards. But I think that the white background is causing the problem.

I'm just trying to get used to everything being so much bigger and brighter than before!

undefined

Exactly where do I scroll down to. I would like to try changing color. The font size is also big.

I love the look of the new boards. Still can't figure out the difference between the two DVC boards (not counting rent board). Oh, and the first page is a long scroll, but I am still really pleased.

Char

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter