Are the lines for Trick or Treating REALLY long?

I'll put it this way, the lines for trick or treating were longer then any ride line we waited in... maybe will be different later on, but for the Sept 15th MNSSHP, it was this way.

No longer then 5 minutes, usually shorter.

I don't think we waited much longer than 5 minutes at any 1 spot. The lines for the rides weren't much longer.

I suppose it varies. When we went (not sure of the exact date), I just walked up with no line whatsoever!

We waited between 5 and 10 minutes at each stop. We didn't even do the trail at Toon Town because the starting line was almost to Barnstormer, it was huge! And I meant about the rides is that there were no lines for anything but to get candy, you had to wait in a line... it was kinda funny.

(This is my first post in MONTHS...been TOTALLY MIA from Disboards!)

I was at the MNSSHP last night (22nd), and the lines were VERY quick...yes...they looked long, but they moved. I also waited longer for rides then candy.

I think the most astonishing thing I saw last night was TWO people waiting in line for Snow White...2...that's it!

Do you need to bring your own bag for candy for trick or treating?

We went in 2004 on a night that was sold out. We never waited more than a couple of mins... IF that in any candy line. Most cm's were handing out a bunch of candy. Sometimes you'd find one that was giving a piece or two... other's would give handful. By the end of the night our bags were full.

NO worries about the candy where we were concerned.

We were there last night. The lines were long for the first hour or so and then you could just walk up. If you want to get a lot of candy just keep going in the candy lines. They give you a handful.

At the 9/15 party, the longest line was the Alice in Wonderland line (that was the theme, I can't remember it's specific name) that went along the path that snakes from Mickey's Toontown, past the Tomorrowland Speedway, and ends near Space Mountain. It took us about 1/2 hour to get through, and was a mass of solid people.

The other problem was the trail splits a few times with "islands" in between paths. They had signs up directing the line where to go, but that didn't stop huge groups of people from cutting through.

It was a pretty miserable line. About 5 minutes in we wished we hadn't done it, but there was such a solid mass of people at the time there was nothing we could do.

I only got one picture:

We're going to our third MNSSHP on 9/29.

Early on,if you get there as soon as the stations are open, no lines at all.

Then some lines get really long, but move very very quickly.

If it seemed too congested, I'd tell the kids we would hit the next one.

One year, they left their candy bags and autograph books on Buzz at closing time - Midnight - !
We got the books mailed back a week later. DS never got over losing his bag of candy....

On 9/15 we were at the candy line right by BTMRR and it took 2 mins to get thru the line right at 7pm, we then walked over to Adventureland (took a couple of mins) and every line was much longer over there--at least 4-5 mins. We waited in two and then decided to do other things. Later in the evening, the line near the Liberty Belle was super long, I would say at least 10 mins and the one that another poster mentioned on the path between Toontown & Tomorrowland was also extremely long. We each got about 1/2 a bag of candy throughout the entire night, including the area in MK where they "fill your bag on the way out". One CM there was placing 2 pieces in every bag, others were giving 2 handfuls-wierd!

The candy we got were:
Necco wafers, Mike & Ikes, Smarties, Spree, Starburst, Tootsie Rolls-many flavors, Baby Ruth, small Butterfingers & Snickers (squares), Twix, gummy hotdogs, hamburgers & fish, Swedish Fish, Sunkist jelly candies, individual foil wrapped chocolates, some Hershey's miniatures, Nerds, Laffy Taffy, York Pepperming Patties and Bit O Honey.

What do you do with your Trick Or Treat bags on the rides? Like I mean you can hold onto them but how do you not loose some of the candy or make sure it doesn't fall out on a ride like Space Mountain?

rapriebe said:
Goodness gracious, I've never seen such obsession with the candy at the party. :confused3 :confused3

I know... DD got candy at one place and that was it.......it was not a priority for her!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter