• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are the FOP Fastpasses still impossible to come by?

Clojel

DIS Veteran
We're going to be doing a quick weekend in WDW before our cruise this November and I'm planning on visiting Animal Kingdom on a saturday. How are the fast passes going lately? Will I be able to snag one for FOP if I'm flexible on time? We are staying on property - at AKL - so I'll be able to book when the 60 day window opens. Also, since we're at AKL, getting there for rope drop won't be a problem...would I be better off Rope Dropping FOP? Or is that too risky? Thanks for any info!

My 60 day mark was a couple weeks ago, and I was able to get FOP FP without too much trouble. Ours is for late morning.

Some have no issue grabbing at day 60, some have to go to day 65

Not at all! My 60 day window opened 10 days ago. I was NOT able to get FOP at 7am for our AK day which was the 63 day mark, however, I looked again at 59 days and got FOP for 5 of us! People change plans all the time so just keep checking.

Just booked our fastpasses at 60 days this weekend (online exactly at 7:00 am). No problems whatsoever getting FOP! Animal Kingdom was scheduled for day 3 and day 6 on our itineray so I booked them first. I did check back 2 hours later and availability was pretty much gone - so I would make sure you're online as soon as it opens up at 7:00!

We got it for 60 + 3 for our trip earlier this month. There were many times to choose from after 12pm for that day.

I had no problems getting ours for a party of 11 for our trip this past week- we were on the computer 60 days out at the exact minute they opened.
We also rope dropped it- decided to see how it would work- got to the park maybe 25 minutes before opening- they led the crowd to Pandora and we were on and off FoP within 20 minutes. Then rode Navi River Journey with a 5 minute wait- had ridden both by 8:29.

I had my day 60 for FP's last week and while they weren't plentiful they weren't impossible to find either.
You might have trouble waiting too much beyond the 60 mark.

That ride is worth waking up early on day 60 to grab a FP.

We did ours bright and early on the booking window of our trip (60 days out for July trip) and my husband was unable to find one until the end of days of our week long trip, and even then it was an evening time. Having said that, on the 60 day we couldn't get 7D's on our first couple of days...and a week later, we were able to change some fast passes up and get 7 D's afterall. So things do seem to be opening all the time--I've found this with dining reservations too...I guess as folks move things around, trips get canceled--or maybe Disney just releases more? I'm not sure--but I think you can. Having said that, still not finding a lot of flexibility or availability on that coveted FOP...we have it currently for evening time.

Oh and I will add, he was booking at the early time of 7AM--and please be prepared the site was extremely slow and kept going down during this time....so maybe everyone is getting the idea to get up and do it at 7am:-)

It has been variable. For our April trip, we could not get a FoP FP for the day we were there. I looked at other days and there were a few available.
For last November at 60 days, we had to go to day 66 to get one.
We had similar trouble with Navi, but no problem with 7DMT.

As others have mentioned, I think it really depends on when you are going, and if crowds are heavy. We've been able to snag day-of FP for FoP on more than one occasion, so I wouldn't give up hope. Good luck!

We got ours for 60+4 in the mid-afternoon for an early June trip. It was the first FP we booked. I definitely suggest booking FOP and 7DMT first (and probably whatever Toy Story attraction you want) and then filling in the gaps after that. Assuming you get online right when your window opens, you should be able to grab something.

Did ours yesterday at 7 am est for 60 + 3. We had no issues at all getting FoP for 8 people at the time we wanted and could have had any time after 11 am. We also had no issue getting Slinky for 60 + 1. Good luck!

also had no issue getting Slinky for 60 + 1. Good luck!
Good to know! I just posted about Toy Story availability - was planning on doing 60 +6 for Slinky but maybe I’ll try for earlier. What times were available when you booked?

Good to know! I just posted about Toy Story availability - was planning on doing 60 +6 for Slinky but maybe I’ll try for earlier. What times were available when you booked?

Honestly do not remember. I was getting FoP while my husband got Slinky. All I remember is there were a ton of slots available but we wanted evening and it was no issue getting the time slot we wanted, sorry I can't help more. We could have had Sllnky for 60 + 6 in the morning but opted for TSM instead.

On my last trip I could not get one on my FP day but weeks later more were released. I would just keep checking.

I had prebooked ours at day 60. Went on it, loved it. So a few days later we wanted to do it again. Went to the early Rivers of Light show, then ran over to FOP. At 5 minutes before park closing. It was awesome to see the queue stuff that you miss seeing with fastpass! We were in line maybe 10-15 minutes. So maybe try that! Don't panic! I booked our fastpasses so far in advance and then so many things change when you are there because of weather etc,.. that we ended up changing so many fastpasses. We still got on all the best rides. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter