Are the Disney Cruise Passporter books any good?

ALK$Disney

Mouseketeer
We are going to Disney World this year and I was just wondering if it a good keepsake item? I am also looking to get the Cruise version when they come out with the Hawaii one.What about the unofficial WDW guides?? Any Good??

We are going to Disney World this year and I was just wondering if it a good keepsake item? I am also looking to get the Cruise version when they come out with the Hawaii one.What about the unofficial WDW guides?? Any Good??

My Passporter was my bible when we did our first week at the parks 3 years ago. I knew I wanted the cruise version and waited and waited for the newest release. By the time I got it I realized I had all of the info and more on this and other boards, with real-time question and answering here. Don't get me wrong, I did read it cover to cover and would pick it up when I had a question, but I never once looked for it while we were on the ship. It is also too dense for kids to enjoy, and my 8 and 10 year old enjoyed the Birnbaum Cruise book because it had great pictures and was an overview.

Since it seems that they have had trouble the last few years in getting their cruise guides out in a timely fashion (even the one for this year still hasn't gone into pre-order or been sent to the printers even and its already April!! based on what was stated on their boards) I have stuck with the Disboards here, and getting my questions answered when I have had them by reading the posts here.

The books are nice but if you have kids the Birnbaums is just as good and will keep them more interested in the information. I'd get one of those and just fill it in with stuff from here on the DIS.

Last year PassPorter's guide didn't go into the printers until May time frame and people like me didn't receive our copy until August!!! The book was already 6 months out of date. They are still writing the one for this year as they were waiting for the "Big Announcements" from this week to finish the manuscript.

Now once the books go to the printers Pre-Orders do get taken and the E-Version online becomes available to those who ORDER DIRECTLY from Passporter (not amazon, etc) but not prior to the book being sent to the printer which to my knowledge at this point hasn't happened.

I found the Cruise book very helpful for our first cruise on the Wonder. It was accurate and easy to understand. The ability to view the e-book version on line :surfweb:immediately after payment was received was helpful as well. Dave and Jennifer have experienced all they write about in their Passporter books. Make sure you take advantage of the discounts they offer on their web site to bring down your purchase cost.

I've wanted to order a deluxe refill, but they are only avaialble for 2010.

I too wondered if this would be worth acquiring, because I LOVE the Passporter for WDW. However, the 2011 version is not available yet, and there doesn't seem to be any information about the Alaska sailings in the 2010 book, so I decided we will forego that purchase this year. This is one reason we usually don't like to be the "first" at anything. Well, we will be "third." I hope any Dis-ers on the first two weeks will post right away when they get back about their trips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter