• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are the DISboards S-L-O-W to respond?

1) I thought it was a flashback from a 60's "bad trip".
2) Where everything just seemed like it was slow-mo.
3) Glad others are seeing the same thing.

Nope. Open another window or go to another website and you'll see the difference in speed.

If you go to the User CP tab, click options and deselect "show signatures" the board usually loads quite a bit faster.

The Dis takes up a lot of bandwidth though with all of the sig lines, pics and graphics in almost ever post. It gets expensive to keep up with the bandwidth needs.

You are too, too smart! TY for the tip!:yay:

Not only is it slow, but I used to be able to read most of a post on the first page as I scrolled over the topics. Now the posts only stay on for a couple of seconds and I can't read all of it without going to that post. Anyone know what I am talking about and have that problem?
Yes.

I inquired about this (reading the OP bubble) last year and someone said the post could not be made to stay on longer just for me.

Maybe it is time to make the bubbles stay on longer for everyone, just one adjustment?

Disney hints: http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

I just found out yesterday that the search engine isn't working on most of the larger threads. As a result, there are a lot more posts than previously because everyone is just starting new threads since they can't search. I am wondering if this is causing a back log of old threads and posts. Something definitely needs to happen though. I am so impatient when I am on here. When I see a thread I am interested in, I want to read it right then and reply!

I just found out yesterday that the search engine isn't working on most of the larger threads. !

You can take my word for it that the search engine did not JUST stop working yesterday, or last year, or the year before that, or the year before that...

:goodvibes

You can take my word for it that the search engine did not JUST stop working yesterday, or last year, or the year before that, or the year before that...

Point taken. I asked the question on the Technical Support board yesterday and they said it hadn't worked for quite a long time. I guess I had not tried it a long while until this week.

I feel as if I'm back to dial up. I post a message, nothing happens. I go make a cup of tea and come back. Sometimes it's done posting, sometimes it's not. Very annoying.

I always use google to search disboards using the site command. Something like this:
"Jedi Training" site:disboards.com

And to stay on topic. The boards have been painfully slow recently. My guess, the new software that monitors sigs automatically has brought the dis to a crawl. Just an uninformed guess of course.

I always use google to search disboards using the site command. Something like this:
"Jedi Training" site:disboards.com

And to stay on topic. The boards have been painfully slow recently. My guess, the new software that monitors sigs automatically has brought the dis to a crawl. Just an uninformed guess of course.

Dismarkle, thanks for the search tip!! I will try that from now on. It seems silly that we have to search that way, but hey, whatever works!

Moving very slow here also, I have time to fetch another cold drink and snack, back before the post has finished downloading. I even deframented the hard drive during lunch today, and that didn't help at all.

Maybe you should take a trip and go deframent the DIS' hard drives.

Ha!! That is good!! You could do what I do and I have three Internet's open, one with Disney Resorts, one with Theme Park and Strategies, and one with the Community Board. At least that way something is happening and moving on at least one of the boards!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter