Are the daybeds comfortable?

PrincessDreams2

Mouseketeer
Hi! I am traveling in August with my DD10 and my twin boys who will be 2. We are doing a split stay at Beach Club and GF. My parents are coming as well, but getting their own rooms. I plan on putting my twins in a queen bed and requesting bed rails, and myself in the other queen, and my DD on the daybed. I can't tell from the room pictures if the daybeds are like real beds or more like a couch. Just wondering if they are comfy!

And if for some reason we don't get a daybed at the Beach Club, can I request a roll away bed, even though there are only 4 of us?

Thanks!!

Yes, the daybed is comfortable. DS8 slept in one and it is more like a bed, but the couch ones (slept on one personally at Kidani) are pretty comfortable too. As an adult, I wouldn't have an issue sleeping on the daybed at BC.

No, I don't believe Disney ever offers rolllaway beds, at any resort. In a pinch, get an extra (one side) bed rail + a pillow inbetween you and your DD. The beds are queens, so it will work...and has worked for me since my DS3 is all over the place when he sleeps. I do this too if both boys are sharing a bed (stick extra pillows lengthwise in the middle of the bed.

Make sure that daybed is your #1 request on your reservation, and I am guessing you will be fine.

The one we had at the BC was more like a couch, but our DS13 (at the time) loved it. We told the younger (DS12 at the time) to swap with him some, but the older son preferred the couch style day bed over the actual bed.

As the oldest of three adult sisters, I obligingly let the other two have the queen beds when we stay at GF. I've slept on the daybed two years in a row, no issues to report. Exhaustion from being outside in the August heat helped, I'm sure, but it wasn't lumpy or anything.

The one we had at the BC was more like a couch, but our DS13 (at the time) loved it. We told the younger (DS12 at the time) to swap with him some, but the older son preferred the couch style day bed over the actual bed.

:thumbsup2

Hi! I am traveling in August with my DD10 and my twin boys who will be 2. We are doing a split stay at Beach Club and GF. My parents are coming as well, but getting their own rooms. I plan on putting my twins in a queen bed and requesting bed rails, and myself in the other queen, and my DD on the daybed. I can't tell from the room pictures if the daybeds are like real beds or more like a couch. Just wondering if they are comfy!

And if for some reason we don't get a daybed at the Beach Club, can I request a roll away bed, even though there are only 4 of us?

Thanks!!

No, I don't believe Disney ever offers rolllaway beds, at any resort. In a pinch, get an extra (one side) bed rail + a pillow inbetween you and your DD. The beds are queens, so it will work...and has worked for me since my DS3 is all over the place when he sleeps. I do this too if both boys are sharing a bed (stick extra pillows lengthwise in the middle of the bed.

Make sure that daybed is your #1 request on your reservation, and I am guessing you will be fine.

Disney does offer rollaway beds. I don't believe there is a charge at the deluxes. That is our plan as well, OP - there are four of us but my kids don't like to sleep together. If we do not get a room with a daybed, we will request a rollaway.

I know CSR charges $15 per night for a rollaway, but I am pretty sure I read on the BC/YC thread that rollaways are available without a charge.

Thanks!!

We didn't have a daybed when we stayed at the BC so I can't comment on the comfort of the one there, but my DS found the daybed at the GF to be very uncomfortable. If you don't get a daybed at the BC, you can request a roll away free of charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter