are the current general public discount codes room only?

lolakat

DIS Veteran
Hi I'm a little confused. The current discount codes for the general public (25% off value, 40% off deluxe etc.) for room only or off the whole package including tickets and dining?

Thanks in advance for your help

It's only off the room portion of the package... you pay full price for the tics & dining plan. :)

I thought when you add the dining plan in for a MYW pkg, it is generally discounted??? :confused3

Not generally discounted. Although some promotions have included a discounted dining plan. (Such as free dining, kids free, adults same as kids, etc.)

Nope. The ONLY way to get the Dining Plan is by getting a MYW package, so they don't discount it. :)

I just wanted to make sure that I understand.

Are you saying that you cannot add Dining Plan and tickets to a room only discount?

In other words, that in order to purchase dining it has to be part of whatever MYW package is being offered, and you cannot use a room only discount?

TIA

Yes. I have an annual pass and I just booked a reservation using the general public discount (the annual pass discounts aren't out yet). I wanted to add the dining plan but they said that I would need to buy a 1 day park ticket for each member of my party in order to add the dining plan (you can't have 2 discounts - room discount and the already discounted dining plan). Otherwise, I would need to wait for the annual pass room discounts to come out and then I can add the dining plan package at that point. I really don't see how that is any different - isn't that also 2 discounts?????:confused3

I just wanted to make sure that I understand.

Are you saying that you cannot add Dining Plan and tickets to a room only discount?

In other words, that in order to purchase dining it has to be part of whatever MYW package is being offered, and you cannot use a room only discount?

TIA

Nope. That isn't what I am saying. lol!
If you get a room only discount, you can convert that into a package by adding tickets and dining. You will keep the room only discount but pay full price for tickets and dining. The % off does NOT apply to tickets and/or dining.
Sorry for the confusion. :flower3:

Thank you all for your help. We ended up booking the room only discount. I would have booked dining and tickets if the dining was getting the % off too but it doesn't. I was confused b/c the CM kept refering to it as "discounted dining plan" but what she meant is that the disney dining plan is always considered a "discount" over buying the food out of pocket at the park. Glad to know I'm not the only one who finds this a tad confusing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter