• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are the Clydesdale Horses gone?

AFAIK there never were any at USIOA; were you thinking of Busch Gardens in Tampa?

If so, the answer is that the matched white-stockinged bay Clydesdales owned by Anheuser-Busch left BG when the park was sold, but the new owner replaced them with a smaller herd of black Clydesdales. There are not enough for an 8-hitch, but they are still pretty.

There were some at SeaWorld weren't there?

Yes, there were (Clydesdale Hamlet).

They are no longer there. I'm not sure when they were taken out, but when I visited SW in December 2007, they were still there. It was my first and last time seeing them. =/

Looking at a current map, it looks like the "Sea Garden" has taken its place (if I remember correctly where Clydesdale Hamlet used to be).

Sorry guys I got a bit confused and posted it in the US/IoA forum! My bad!

I meant to post it in the Seaworld forum. I used t love visiting this part of Seaworld when I was younger. Too bad it's gone!

Sorry guys I got a bit confused and posted it in the US/IoA forum! My bad!

I meant to post it in the Seaworld forum. I used t love visiting this part of Seaworld when I was younger. Too bad it's gone!

The Clydesdale Horses are owned by Anheuser Busch (AB). When AB sold Seaworld to Blackstone, AB took the horses with them. The horses now reside on a farm in St.Louis and are still owned by AB. That is also the reason why there is no longer free beer at the park.

We were there today and were so sad to see them gone. We were last here in 2008. I also didn't realize the park had been sold. So sad...we loved visiting the horses.

The area in front of the Clydesdale barn has a meet and greet exotic animals and a sea life garden. The restaurant that used to serve the free beer, sell yummy sandwiches, and have the beer making tour has a (not so good) pizza and pasta buffet.

They are at BG Williamsburg but they are not the brown ones we are used to seeing. They have been exchanged for black ones. I asked the worker why the coloring was different--never having seen black Clydesdales--and she said it was to get away from the Anheuser Busch association.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter