• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are the beds at the Poly triple-sheeted?

DiscussDisney

Let the magic begin!
Are the beds in all the rooms at the Poly triple-sheeted or only the concierge rooms? If not, can you request triple-sheeting? If so, is it better to request in advance or at check-in? Thanks.

This is an interesting question. I am curious to know which resorts do this myself.

I found this online;

Standard Room

The 746 Guest Rooms each have two queen-sized beds and a daybed, TV, armoire, small safe, nightstand, table
& chairs. Many rooms have a balcony or patio. The average Guest Room is 409 square feet. Standard rooms
have a maximum five-person room occupancy.

The rooms are located in one of 11 different buildings called longhouses. Each one is either 2- or 3-stories high.
The eleven longhouses are Tonga (Bali Hai), Niue (Bora Bora), Samoa (Hawaii), Tahiti (Moorea), Rapa Nui (Pago Pago), Tokelau (Oahu), Hawaii (Tonga), Rarotonga (Maori), Aotearoa (Tahiti), Fiji (Fiji), and Tuvalu (Samoa). The names of the longhouses changed in October 99, the old names are shown in brackets. Rooms in the Tokelau,
Tahiti & Rapa Nui buildings are the largest. Rooms in Hawaii & Tahiti offer the best MK views.

There are two views available-
Lagoon view rooms overlook Seven Seas Lagoon, or one of the Polynesian waterways.
Garden view rooms overlook the tropical landscaping and walkways.

Suites

All five suites are in the Tonga longhouse. Most contain one king-sized or two queen-sized beds and two sico
beds in parlor (five to 15 adults maximum, depending upon suite type). Suites at the Polynesian Resort include triple-sheeting, speaker telephones with a second line, bathrobes, and turndown service.

Concierge

Royal Polynesian Service includes a separate lounge area in the Hawaii Building for check-in and refreshments
upon arrival. Room amenities include daily newspapers and turndown service with candies on the pillows. A concierge is available to assist you with ticket purchases or dining reservations.

Concierge services include, in addition to the standard room amenities, triple-sheeting, speaker phone with
second line, hair dryer, robes, turndown service, coffee, fruit, snacks, and soft drinks.

It appears that this a perk (an addition to standard room amenities) exclusive to Suites and Concierge.

If sheeting is important to you, you might be making more requests~ we find the sheets at the Polynesian (don't know why nowhere else?) can tend to be so bleached they are like paper. Some are better than others. We've had to request for sheets to be changed out at times just to be comfortable. They are more than happy to do it~

These days only club level rooms have triple sheets at the Polynesian.

Years ago, all rooms did.:sad1:

Regardless of where you stay at a deluxe - regular, concierge, suite. The sheets and bed linens are terrible. They have a thread count of 2, are ironed with sharp creases in the middle of the sheets and are as thin as paper. Really uncomfortable.

I have very few complaints about the deluxes I have stayed at but for that kind of money they could have much better linens.

B.

I loved my BLT linens.

I don't mean to sound stupid but what is triple sheeting?

It just means that they add a third sheet over top the blanket, and under the bedspread.

fitted sheet, sheet, blanket, sheet, bedspread.

It just means that they add a third sheet over top the blanket, and under the bedspread.

fitted sheet, sheet, blanket, sheet, bedspread.

Thank you.
OMG OMG all this luxury and I never noticed it. Next time I surely will count the sheets. :rotfl2:

My wife has always told me that triple sheeting was when I came back from Raglan Road at two in the morning after Harp' ing the night away....Oh, my bad, that was "three sheets to the wind" she was talking about. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter