Are Shakes included on Dining Plan at Whispering Canyon Cafe?

FiveDisneyFans

Earning My Ears
We will be on the Dining Plan for our upcoming trip. We are looking at getting the All You Care to Eat Family Platter. Are the shakes included on the dining plan or will we need to purchase those extra?

Officially they are not included as a beverage on the dining plan, but WCC is one of the restaurants that will usually let adults order it as their beverage. You will have to ask your server.

They were when we went this past January. It was one of the best meals of our trip! Enjoy!

I was there 2 weeks ago and everyone at the table (adults and kids) were able to order the bottomless shake as their non-alcoholic beverage. IMO it was a little too thick to enjoy with the meal so 1 ended up asking for a soda instead.

Officially they are not included as a beverage on the dining plan, but WCC is one of the restaurants that will usually let adults order it as their beverage. You will have to ask your server.

Where does it say that they're not officially included? All I can see in the dining plan brochure is that non-alcoholic beverages are included and that items that are considered merchandise are excluded.

Are you talking about QS meals? You're correct that they're not allowed as the drink with a QS meal but OP was asking about a TS restaurant.

Specialty beverages (those beyond the basic tea, coffee, milk, soda, bottled water) may or may not be included, depending on the restaurant. They are never automatically included.

Where does it say that they're not officially included? All I can see in the dining plan brochure is that non-alcoholic beverages are included and that items that are considered merchandise are excluded.

While it's true the dining plan says non-alcoholic beverage, the reality is Disney doesn't include every non-alcoholic beverage on a restaurant's menu. Basically they only mean the standard fountain beverages that typically come with free refills. Any other options are at the restaurant's discretion so if milk shake is on a menu, it's not guaranteed that you can order it as your drink. There was a poster a while back who was extremely upset that beverages such as the Aqua Fresca at Via Napoli and Perrier were not included even though they were non-alcoholic.

That's really strange. We've always been able to get any non-alcoholic beverage we want as long as it doesn't have some kind of souvenir with it. That's how it's always been explained to us by servers and the brochure doesn't have any exclusions. At least with the adult meals that's how it has worked for us. Kids meals can't get specialty drinks but the brochure itself actually lists drink types for kids meals.

Note that we don't eat at restaurants not owned by Disney so I have no idea if they do things differently at the non-Disney owned restaurants. They can and frequently do have different rules about these things than the Disney owned restaurants. Via Napoli isn't owned by Disney.

That's really strange. We've always been able to get any non-alcoholic beverage we want as long as it doesn't have some kind of souvenir with it.

Note that we don't eat at restaurants not owned by Disney so I have no idea if they do things differently at the non-Disney owned restaurants. They can and frequently do have different rules about these things than the Disney owned restaurants. Via Napoli isn't owned by Disney.

That is probably why. The Disney owned restaurants are much more flexible with the dining plans. However, if you go to the third party restaurants you will discover the limitations. :)

Yet one more reason why we don't eat at non-Disney owned restaurants (primary reason having to do with allergies so it's really not about this kind of thing).

When we went the adults could order it as their drink but the kids could only order it as their dessert which was fine as none of their kids desserts were exciting anyway.

We will be on the Dining Plan for our upcoming trip. We are looking at getting the All You Care to Eat Family Platter. Are the shakes included on the dining plan or will we need to purchase those extra?

Can anyone give an update? Are the milkshakes still a drink on the dining plan?

Still the same. Usually allowed with an adult credit at WCC, but it's not one of the standard fountain drinks so you will have to ask whenever you want to order a milk shake at any restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter