• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are renters allowed to request certain rooms?

Seaera

Forever planning trips...
As a renter, am I allowed to submit a request for a certain room location? Or does this need to be done by the owner?
Thanks in advance.

I'm sure someone with more knowledge will answer this soon, but as far as I know everything has to be done through the member.

The member can request a certain location, but there are no guarantees.

lizanne is correct, the owner will need to make any room requests. It's also my understanding at OKW the hospitality area is for DVC members and their guests, so renters cannot request that area. That's the only room request restriction that I know about.

lizanne is correct, the owner will need to make any room requests. It's also my understanding at OKW the hospitality area is for DVC members and their guests, so renters cannot request that area. That's the only room request restriction that I know about.

The owner can book the Hospitality House area for the non-member if it is available. It's a booking category. But it is not available for cash.

Requests are just that, a request. Booking categories are fixed.

I'm sure someone with more knowledge will answer this soon, but as far as I know everything has to be done through the member.

The member can request a certain location, but there are no guarantees.

Just a bit freaked out here - I've never met another Lizanne...!

Nice to meet you Lizanne, my name is Lizanne :)

The owner needs to do it - although you can make some requests when you check in online - however they are limited.

Note what is being implied above. There are some rooms that are booking categories - those need to be booked at the time the reservation is made - if that booking category is available. For instance "Boardwalk View" is a booking category, you either booked one of those rooms or you didn't, you don't get them by requesting them.

Note also that past the booking categories, requests are requests. DVC does not always try very hard to meet requests. Years ago, the request field was freeform text, and the reservation agent could write anything in there. Then a room assigner would line up all the reservations checking in the next day in order the reservation happened, and assign the available room that most closely matched their request. It hasn't worked that way in years. Now, there is a pull down list for requests (I think the free form is still there, but its ignored frequently) and you get the best match at time of check in - if they bother to match at all.

Note also that past the booking categories, requests are requests
. DVC does not always try very hard to meet requests.
Years ago, the request field was freeform text, and the reservation agent could write anything in there.
Then a room assigner would line up all the reservations checking in the next day in order the reservation happened, and assign the available room that most closely matched their request.
It hasn't worked that way in years.
Now, there is a pull down list for requests (I think the free form is still there, but its ignored frequently) and you get the best match at time of check in - if they bother to match at all.

Wondering, what are the items on the pull down list?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter