Are prices trending down?

flalala

Earning My Ears
I went to price a rental at $19 and I found that I could get more or less the same room from disneyworld.disney.go for about the same price. In the past, I was able to save 30-50% over the rates. Have the prices converged? Or are rental rates dropping?

Just curious to hear what others are experiencing.

Someone wrote:

To answer your question...DVC Rental prices fluctuate, and if pricing through a broker, prices do seem to have gone up, and generally owner renting on our board set their prices close to what the brokers charge. Dues, including property taxes, staff wages and benefits, and utilities, generally increase annually for DVC Members. And if you are wanting to travel in a "high point" season for DVC, the prices could indeed be close to a cash price, especially if Disney happens to be running specials, which they really haven't done for quite a while, but I see they are starting to do so again.

We priced out renting dvc points vs just booking direct. The cost difference between the two was about $300. Booking direct made it easier for us to do a split stay at two hotels we wanted to try as well as not have to worry if we needed to cancel or change dates.

There are times of year, resorts, and unit sizes for which DVC point rentals don't make a lot of sense. You might be looking at one such example.

I would not assume this means downward pressure on rental rates, as this has always been true. And there are still plenty of room types at specific resorts and during specific times of year that have plenty of headroom even at $19/pt.

Just a Reminder to please not post all the specifics of your desired room, such as travel dates, resort, room type, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter