Are Pre Park Opening ADRS Worth It?

aebeauregard

Mouseketeer
I currently have a 8:35 BF at BOG(hoping to find something earlier) for a 9 am opening and a 10:55 AM lunch at BOG for the same day. I'm not planning to keep both. My question is if a PPO ADR is worth it? I am currently concerned about getting to the park in time (we don't have a car) and trying to eat fast to get into the park without wasting precious early minutes. In addition I think the majority of my party would rather eat small granola bar like breakfast and eat a bigger lunch. The thing that really drew me to a PPO ADR was I haven't done it before and getting to walk in the park with very limited crowds for pictures. We aren't trying to race to 7DMT of anything. We are there with our toddler and have a pretty low key list of must dos. We do want to try to get in Winnie the Pooh and Enchanted Tales with Belle quick at park opening before lines stack up.

We like PPO ADR at the MK. We like to take pictures on an almost empty Main Street.

the added stress of potential opening hour changing too. I would cancel myself :)

good luck!

Given that the meal itself is not what you are looking for, I would cancel breakfast. I like lunch at BOG, and the time frame you chose gives you a nice block of time for touring at RD before you take a break.

I'd keep the lunch so you can actually enjoy the restaurant and having a decent meal instead of blowing through a breakfast you guys don't even really want just to get to walk down an empty Main Street and possibly get the jump on Pooh and ETWB, both of which you can get to at or shortly after rope drop and do without a terrible wait anyway.

Just like some others have mentioned - keep your lunch reservation no need to add stress to your day with trying to get there for the early reservation. Just make getting to the park for RD your priority and the you can look forward to a more relaxed early lunch. It is such an amazing environment so I think you and your family will miss out on a lot trying to rush through breakfast.

Last edited:
We did a PPO at Crystal Palace a few weeks ago and enjoyed the photo pass photographers (several in a row if you desire) and the nearly empty front of castle so much that we scheduled a PPO at BOG for 2 days later. (Don't ask me how. I just went on the app right after our CP breakfast and 8:15 AM BOG was there!) My girls (Disney adults) and I had children's meals and we shared everything with the two adult meals for my DH and DS. Took our time in front the castle, no rush through our meal and plenty time to make rope drop.

For me, the pictures were worth it all. Would definitely do a PPO again!

I am taking a different stance. If you can get an 8:00 or 8:10 breakfast reservation at BOG, then it makes things a real pleasure. First of all there is an early "breakfast bus", that stops at all resorts starting around 6:30 am. Second, only 1 person in your group has to order breakfast. Yes, we are three people, we make a reservation for three people, but we order 1 breakfast that comes with pastries, the meal and a drink, and all the water that we want. We share and instead of being nearly run down in the pack of people, we are among the first few on our favorite ride with no hassle. We sit and enjoy BOG, and since we are on the DDP, we use only 1 quick service credit. We get off Mine Train before the people have gotten there and are a jump ahead all day.

I am taking a different stance. If you can get an 8:00 or 8:10 breakfast reservation at BOG, then it makes things a real pleasure. First of all there is an early "breakfast bus", that stops at all resorts starting around 6:30 am. Second, only 1 person in your group has to order breakfast. Yes, we are three people, we make a reservation for three people, but we order 1 breakfast that comes with pastries, the meal and a drink, and all the water that we want. We share and instead of being nearly run down in the pack of people, we are among the first few on our favorite ride with no hassle. We sit and enjoy BOG, and since we are on the DDP, we use only 1 quick service credit. We get off Mine Train before the people have gotten there and are a jump ahead all day.

I have read mixed things about BOG bfast, we are 2 adults and 3 young children. We are all picky and would like the experience of PPO BOG but the menu doesn't appeal to most of us. We are not on meal plan, you have went and were not expected to pay a set price per person? Possibly what I read was outdated (fingers-crossed).
Has anyone else shared meals with no problems? Thanks!

Yes we had to pay for the 1 breakfast. When you enter the restaurant you look at a screen and order what you want. Then you pay for it. Then you go to the dining room and they bring what you order to you. No matter how many people are in your family, you only have to order at least 1 meal. With each meal comes a plate of 4 or 5 pastries for free. So it is up to you how many dishes you order. The price for each breakfast is really high. Take a look online at the breakfast menu. For 3 of us, this is plenty. However, this is only beneficial if you can get an 8:00, 8:10 or 8:15 reservation, so you can get in the line of your favorite ride ahead of the park opening.

I currently have a 8:35 BF at BOG(hoping to find something earlier) for a 9 am opening and a 10:55 AM lunch at BOG for the same day. I'm not planning to keep both. My question is if a PPO ADR is worth it? I am currently concerned about getting to the park in time (we don't have a car) and trying to eat fast to get into the park without wasting precious early minutes. In addition I think the majority of my party would rather eat small granola bar like breakfast and eat a bigger lunch. The thing that really drew me to a PPO ADR was I haven't done it before and getting to walk in the park with very limited crowds for pictures. We aren't trying to race to 7DMT of anything. We are there with our toddler and have a pretty low key list of must dos. We do want to try to get in Winnie the Pooh and Enchanted Tales with Belle quick at park opening before lines stack up.
It's worth it, as long as you finish breakfast by about 8:40. Does your child want to ride Peter Pan? If so, and if Mine Train is off the table for you, I recommend first going to Peter Pan, then Winnie the Pooh, then Enchanted Tales, unless you can FastPass that one. Peter Pan is a great one to ride first via the standby line, because it has a really cool queue.

It's worth it, as long as you finish breakfast by about 8:40. Does your child want to ride Peter Pan? If so, and if Mine Train is off the table for you, I recommend first going to Peter Pan, then Winnie the Pooh, then Enchanted Tales, unless you can FastPass that one. Peter Pan is a great one to ride first via the standby line, because it has a really cool queue.
Thanks for the heads up about the queue. Last time I went it wasn't updated. I looked at some pictures and stuff and it seems really cool. I did have a FP for Peter Pan but I think I'm going to change it so we can go through the queue. Certainly early in the morning, but I would still like to go through it.

I currently have a 8:35 BF at BOG(hoping to find something earlier)
I had a similar ADR time last Fall but arrived at the gate by 7:30am, got into the ADR line and was one of the first guests up Main Street and the first guest into BOG. I wasn't held back because of my later ADR time. I ate shortly after 8am and was in the holding line for 7DMT by 8:40am. A number of guests did a slow walk up Main Street and simply took pics of the Castle and enjoyed nearly having MK to themselves.

If you have the dining plan or have Fall Free Dining, BOG brkfst it is a good $ value. Much more $ and difficult sell if paying OOP.

I had a similar ADR time last Fall but arrived at the gate by 7:30am, got into the ADR line and was one of the first guests up Main Street and the first guest into BOG. I wasn't held back because of my later ADR time. I ate shortly after 8am and was in the holding line for 7DMT by 8:40am. A number of guests did a slow walk up Main Street and simply took pics of the Castle and enjoyed nearly having MK to themselves.

If you have the dining plan or have Fall Free Dining, BOG brkfst it is a good $ value. Much more $ and difficult sell if paying OOP.
That's great to hear. If we can get in earlier than 8:35 it makes it more appealing. I just don't want to rush through the meal to still not get out until like 9:15. We do have free dining.

Thanks for the heads up about the queue. Last time I went it wasn't updated. I looked at some pictures and stuff and it seems really cool. I did have a FP for Peter Pan but I think I'm going to change it so we can go through the queue. Certainly early in the morning, but I would still like to go through it.
Hit it first if you want to standby it. The line builds very quickly.

PP is worth getting a PPO meal at BOG in my opinion. While everyone else is beating feet to the Mine Train, we stroll to Peter Pan's SB queue, and it is awesome! When we plan a PPO meal, we are prepared to get up and out really early so we are among the first in the entry line. Since they do not sort you out by ADR times, you can choose to get that easily spot if you wish to. If you are on the DDP the meal is a good value for a CS credit, and I think that a meal for one is enough for 2. We generally split two meals between three of us.

we have a 8:15AM ADR at BOG. its a MVMCP day so not likely the park will open earlier than 9AM. We plan to feed the little kids who would not eat anything on the menu in the room and the rest of us will pre-order food. We have the QS dining plan so won't be paying OOP. hoping to eat quickly and get over to SDMT, then maybe Peter Pan, would that work? won't be making FP+ for a while yet but do plan to FP+ those 2 rides for another day.

we have a 8:15AM ADR at BOG. its a MVMCP day so not likely the park will open earlier than 9AM. We plan to feed the little kids who would not eat anything on the menu in the room and the rest of us will pre-order food. We have the QS dining plan so won't be paying OOP. hoping to eat quickly and get over to SDMT, then maybe Peter Pan, would that work? won't be making FP+ for a while yet but do plan to FP+ those 2 rides for another day.

You never know if park hours will change, so if a certain attaction is important, I would not bank on hours remaining the same. They probably will not, but stranger things have happened.

I think your plan will work out but just pay attention to the PP queue. It is a slow loading attaction so the queue builds quickly.

You never know if park hours will change, so if a certain attaction is important, I would not bank on hours remaining the same. They probably will not, but stranger things have happened.

I think your plan will work out but just pay attention to the PP queue. It is a slow loading attaction so the queue builds quickly.

thank you, we missed PP last trip due to refurb, anything we get early on that day will be a bonus.
not banking on park opening staying at 9AM, but did not seem like they opened earlier on days that were Party nights, but of course that could change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter