Are plastic pirate swords allowed?

JimGA

DIS Veteran
I have searched and have not found any information, but I thought I read somewhere that fake weapons are not allowed on the cruise ship? Does this go for toys, can we bring along my sons plastic Jack Sparrow pirate sword and plastic hook for the pirate night onto the ship?:confused:

I have searched and have not found any information, but I thought I read somewhere that fake weapons are not allowed on the cruise ship? Does this go for toys, can we bring along my sons plastic Jack Sparrow pirate sword and plastic hook for the pirate night onto the ship?:confused:

From the DCL website:

Question
What items are not permitted on board?
Answer
In order to maintain a safe and secure environment for our Guests and crew, the following are examples of items that Guests are not allowed to bring on board. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found.

Weapons and firearms (including ammunition, knives—including dive knives—swords, daggers or any other types of weapons) are not allowed onboard under any circumstances
Realistic replicas of firearms and weapons

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faqs/prohibited-items/prohibited-items/

As long as the sword is obviously a fake, plastic one, you're good.

:cutie:

They sell them aboard. I can't see any issues with bringing them onboard.

If you're flying and have the sword in your checked luggage, don't be surprised if they inspect your luggage.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe they were selling light-up plastic swords during the Pirate Party.

They also sell plastic swords, guns, hooks, etc on board so as long as it is a toy and looks like a toy, no problem.

If it is plastic (no metal), put it in your checked luggage. It won't show up on X-ray and it won't get confiscated (as it can in carry on luggage). If it has metal on it, put it in the carry on and take your chances--it helps if you declare it first.

They do sell plastic swords in the gift shop. Yes, they have that "realistic looking" clause in the rules, but I'm not aware of anyone having one confiscated as long as it is plastic. Um....we had a sword fight with pirate Goofy and HE started it!

We have taken plastic swords and pistols on DCL twice and nobody ever said anything. If fact I saw CM's borrow a parent's pistol to play pirate with their child. I would not sweat it too much.

Yes, they are allowed and they sell them on the ship. My children both had hooks (I packed them) and I saw them in the gift shop on the Wonder too. There were swords in the gift shop too.

When we went on our cruise we did not fly to get to our port. We brought a plastic sword and put it in our regular luggage. Our suit case looked the same when we opened it as when we packed it. Nothing had been touched.

Indeed. The BBB pirate package on the Fantasy comes with plastic pirate swords. I wouldn't sweat that at all.

When we went on our cruise we did not fly to get to our port. We brought a plastic sword and put it in our regular luggage. Our suit case looked the same when we opened it as when we packed it. Nothing had been touched.

When TSA searches your luggage they'll leave you a little note that they've been there; done that. Our luggage was searched at the airports both coming and going a couple of weeks ago. No weapons. :confused3 I doubt they were concerned about all our door magnets. So the only "unusual" item we can think of was the raven staff that was part of my Maleficent halloween costume.

When TSA searches your luggage they'll leave you a little note that they've been there; done that. Our luggage was searched at the airports both coming and going a couple of weeks ago. No weapons. :confused3 I doubt they were concerned about all our door magnets. So the only "unusual" item we can think of was the raven staff that was part of my Maleficent halloween costume.

They also do random searches. Or sometimes things just look weird in the x-ray. I have had bags searched when I only had clothes and shoes in them. It's just the luck of the draw sometimes. I really don't mind, except for the time the TSA zipped up my suitcase with a tie from a shirt hanging out!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter