Are personal water bottles allowed?

KCervasio

Mouseketeer
Can I bring my own personal, refillable water bottle with filter into the theme parks?

Yes. Also any quick service locaiton will provide you with ice water.

absolutely - and it's a lifesaver (and a money saver)! Last year we went with refillable water bottles with a filter, because we heard that Florida tap water might be a little funky. It was really nice to have fresh, clean water, and the water tasted fine. It was also awesome to not have to wait in line, and then pay, for a drink!

Certainly, schlepping around a water bottle was a little bit of a pain, but it is totally worth it!

I'm not sure if this is the norm, but when I went in April, Universal Studios would fill my whole sports water bottle with ice and water. When I brought it to Magic Kingdom, I was told in 2 locations that they could not fill up my bottle, but rather just give me a small cup of water. Is this true?

I've only read on the boards that you can get a free cup of ice water. I don't think they will fill your bottle. Best to get a filter bottle like the other poster if you want to refill.

I'm not sure if this is the norm, but when I went in April, Universal Studios would fill my whole sports water bottle with ice and water. When I brought it to Magic Kingdom, I was told in 2 locations that they could not fill up my bottle, but rather just give me a small cup of water. Is this true?

Not sure about this but, as a rule of thumb for sanitary reasons they probably only want things going in one direction, out. My last trip I got a soft drink that was not right. I went to hand it back to the CM to throw it out and she said she couldn't take it over the counter and would get me a new one and if I can throw it out.

But yes you can bring drinks in, including water bottles. As long as it not glass.

I have asked for and received large cups of ice water no charge at counter service.

They've told me they cannot directly fill my bottle before, but I've always been given a decent sized cup of ice and water and put in it myself.

We do it all the time too. I have also been told they could not fill my bottle, but was given a nice sized cup of water for my bottle. :drinking1

Yes. But beware, some people have reported security opening it up and waving their nose all over it before letting it clear.

When we were there last June, I bought metal water bottles with neoprene covers and carrying straps for the whole family. We all carried them into the parks every day and never once had anyone say anything about them.

that's pretty awesome that you can bring water bottles in, & they will give you ice and water for free. most places will not allow this because they want you to buy their overpriced drinks.

that's pretty awesome that you can bring water bottles in, & they will give you ice and water for free. most places will not allow this because they want you to buy their overpriced drinks.

Which is why you should not completely rely on the information that you just received. Disney wants to make money as well, they aren't exactly listed as a charity. It cost them to produce the ice and it cost them to have water there, so I am not sure why they would be overjoyed about giving away stuff that they have for sale. Just saying.

Which is why you should not completely rely on the information that you just received. Disney wants to make money as well, they aren't exactly listed as a charity. It cost them to produce the ice and it cost them to have water there, so I am not sure why they would be overjoyed about giving away stuff that they have for sale. Just saying.

I'm not really sure what you mean but Disney likely gives away water and ice because it's better than having people pass out and get sick.

And they do give free water and ice. All you have to do is ask for it. Very easy.

mripirate said:

You can get chilled filtered water at any water fountain. I take an empty water bottle, fill it with water and use crystal lite to go.

Disney is lucky enough that most people either do not realize it is filtered water to begin with or complain about the taste and buy bottled water because it is what they are used to doing. It is one of the best kept secrets.

Received several large cups of free ice and water this week at WDW! Several times only asked for 1 to share between the 3 of us and the cm would say have 3 since they are free!!!

You can get chilled filtered water at any water fountain. I take an empty water bottle, fill it with water and use crystal lite to go.

Disney is lucky enough that most people either do not realize it is filtered water to begin with or complain about the taste and buy bottled water because it is what they are used to doing. It is one of the best kept secrets.

I have read enough horror stories here on the Dis to make the water fountains unappealing to me.:scared:

It's quite refreshing to carry a few frozen bottles of water in a thin string sack on your back. Plus you can refill as you drink the melted water to stay cool.

The first day we brought water bottles. But, it was so easy to get large cups of ice water, we stopped carrying in our own water bottles. The ice water was much more refreshing. Dh carried our back pack and it had a camelback in it...but, the ice water from Disney was still better. We didn't find we had to wait in long lines for it either...we were there the first week of August, so it was crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter