Are personal tumblers allowed to refill drinks??

DisFanatic

Mouseketeer
Hi!! We picked up these tumblers but now aren’t sure if they are allowed for us to put soda or juice in, using the beverage self serve stations. Anyone know?

Attachments

• BB62341C-B059-47F5-A0AD-097E60A8FC3D.jpeg
    BB62341C-B059-47F5-A0AD-097E60A8FC3D.jpeg
    57.4 KB · Views: 7
  • CA5675D1-1972-488C-937B-0D48FADE8F44.jpeg
    CA5675D1-1972-488C-937B-0D48FADE8F44.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 7
I’ve taken the reusable mug tumblers from WDW before and used those with no problem but not sure if there’s any specific rules, sorry.

I used one of their paper cups to fill our 4 water bottles--since no one drank from the cup, I could keep using the 1 cup until all the bottles were full. (Yes, I'm sorry, I was that person standing there forever! 😆)

Yes you can but as Previous posters have said you need to use a clean paper cup to fill them

I know on deck four of the wish there was a bottle refill station on the promenade deck you could directly fill your bottles

But let’s be honest there are many people who do not use a clean cup to refill a bottle or reusable cup they just put it under the flow of liquid and fill away.

In 10 sailings have seen many folks just refill their own personal cup directly from the fountain.

Use a paper cup to pour soda into your bottle. You shouldn't pour directly into yours.

Just me I guess. I couldn't be bothered with carrying around a personal drink tumbler, or going back to the stateroom to get it when I wanted a drink. On the ship only thing I have is my KTTW card in my pocket

I am torn because I feel that filling with a paper cup every time is wasteful (not to mention all the fizz goes away with the pouring back and forth) and I really don’t think the nozzle can possibly get much on it from a reusable mug. Even if it splashed at the beginning, the soda flow into their mug would rinse it right off. (I’m much more concerned about dirty hands pushing the buttons or levers.) That all being said, I’m a rule follower, so we use the paper cups

and I really don’t think the nozzle can possibly get much on it from a reusable mug.

As reported here:
Agreed - just saw tons of these people last week on the Magic. Some even got frustrated that their mug didn’t fit under the dispenser! 🤦‍♀️
I would say, if the mug doesn't fit, and someone's trying to make it fit, you're going to get a lot of rim contact with the spigot.

When there was a stomach bug on our Fantasy sailing you could not get the drinks yourself, but the CM would give them out. Several CMs took people’s mugs and refilled them directly at the station. They were careful to avoid contact between cup and spout. I was surprised though… but it didn’t bother me that much considering that most refillable mugs have a lid and that’s what has contact with your mouth.

Hmm. I think the very important goal of DCL (which I support 100%) is that they don't want your hands or your saliva/baby-goop covered mug to foul the drink service station or nozzles for other guests. And that makes sense.

Wash hands, keep the area clean and sanitary for the next guest. Be polite.

Of course they do, but they're special.
It’s not being special. It’s just common sense if your cup doesn’t touch the machine there’s no harm. Now if you have an extra large long size and it does touch then you should use a paper cup. I’ve never seen anyone pour coffee into a coffee cup, and then into their own mug and they don’t say anything either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter