Are people still annoying with their flash photography?

When we were there about a year ago, it was terrible. People just completely ignore the rules and it is highly annoying. I will say something though. And on POTC, the man directly in front of us was flashing away and I finally said - "Can't people read? It clearly says NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY. It ruins it for everyone else." He quietly put away his camera and we enjoyed the rest of the ride.

We all know people on the Dis boards follow every rule in Disney. Its the non Disers that we all gotta look out for. Im not gonna enforce Disney rules while i am on vacation. The last thing im looking to do in Disney is get into a fight because i yelled at someone for a flash. How about yelling at the CM to do their job. People get the warning in the beginning of the ride, if it happens one time take the camera away or kick them off the ride.

I can top the camera flashers. We got on POTC once after Spectro and entire family (6 or 7 people) with those strobing light necklaces got on our boat. They left the necklaces on the entire time. Talk about distracting!

We all know people on the Dis boards follow every rule in Disney. Its the non Disers that we all gotta look out for. Im not gonna enforce Disney rules while i am on vacation. The last thing im looking to do in Disney is get into a fight because i yelled at someone for a flash. How about yelling at the CM to do their job. People get the warning in the beginning of the ride, if it happens one time take the camera away or kick them off the ride.

I don't think you can really kick someone off a ride once it starts :confused3

But I agree, the CM's should enfore the rules more

My 2 year old son loves "Pirates"- we ride it constantly- and on our last trip in Nov. the person behind us kept flashing away. My son turned around and said "Why you do that?" :lmao: They stopped!

My nightmare flash photography story occurred on HM in the Seance Room. Someone was determined they were going to get a pic of Madame Leota and they kept taking pictures. It was truly blinding. My less than tactful son kept yelling at them to stop. Unfortunately it didn't help.
I think Disney does a good job of reminding guests when not to use flash photography. Some people are just going to do whatever they want regardless of rules or how it affects others.

Flash is only good for 6 to 8 feet at the most, most cameras have a "no flash" mode. By using this mode most pictures will come out better than with the flash. As for those who insist on taking flash--do you break other rules? probably. Should have listened to mom better when growing up--IF you were taught to be respectful.
Sorry, but I feel you are probably are rude everywhere. And yes, it is annoying.

We saw it a couple times this December...especially on Pirates and Spaceship Earth. I just don't understand why people don't realize the flash photos they take are horrible. I would never confront someone about it though because I'm a passive wimp.

However, I do think the CMs could do more. I mean, not enforcing in Hall of Presidents is ridiculous. Would it really be that difficult to walk to the offender, look them in the eye, and say stop? I guess they are afraid of psychos who might not comply.

There's no sense in "making an ugly face" in other peoples pictures on rides. If it bugs you that much, simply ask them to stop or ride the ride again later. I'm sure if you told a CM of the situation and that the flashes of someone's camera ruined your "magical experience" of the ride, they would put in in the fast pass to ride again.

I have been a few times and i just wanted to let people know, just that the pics won't come out, because flash is only designed for 6-10' away. if the subject is any further, the picture will still come out dark. It was only annoying because i knew their captured moment wasn't going to turn out and i felt bad for them.

just my thoughts.

Yes despite the posted warnings and schpel from cast members people still do it, and most use the "No speak english" "excuse". Then learn the language to follow the rules.

I've seen plenty of english speaking folks taking flash pictures in rides. The language they speak has little to do with being rude.

I've seen plenty of english speaking folks taking flash pictures in rides. The language they speak has little to do with being rude.

Which is exactly why they use the "no english" an excuse they know full well what they are doing.

Which is exactly why they use the "no english" an excuse they know full well what they are doing.

I guess I don't understand your point. You say that most people taking the flash pictures use the excuse that they don't understand English. Then you say they should learn the language to follow the rules. If they really don't understand the language, aren't they unknowingly breaking the rule?

Then you say that they use the "no English" as an excuse when they actually do understand English. Aren't you contradicting yourself? Which is it? :confused3

In my experience the offenders are usually apologetic when I ask them to stop taking flash pictures. They are often a bit embarrassed because they weren't aware of the rule (never mind the issue of common sense). In addition, anyone I have asked to stop taking flash pictures has had a perfect command of the English language. Most are young and/or clueless tourists. Only a few have gotten rude about it.

I just generally laugh at them for taking such a horrible picture. I know it's not going to come out.

I went to see the American Adventure show once. There was a guy sitting on the far end (on the podium side), with his cameras out. And as the CM was speiling "no cameras allowed"... he kept right on rolling. And she kept pointing him out, making it very clear that he needed to put it away. The whole audiance was staring at him till he put it away so the show could start.

My greatest story of "stupid photographer guest"... (this happened to some one else not me). A fellow photographer was standing at the Rose Garden, taking night pictures of the castle. The parade was going on, so she was just standing there next to the tripod. A guy walks up with a kodak disposable, takes a picture of the castle with the flash on. And as he walks back past her, he tells you "you should get a real job", while he holds his camera in his hands. I laughed so hard when she told me this.

I have a picture in front of partner's on Grad Night, and you can barely tell the castle is blue, and I think you can see a couple yellow specs of what are windows. Disposables are not designed for anything but bright and sunshine.

Unforunately I think there will always be people that just don't care that they are ruining the ride for someone else.

During our last trip to WDW in October 2008 it took 3 times riding the Haunted Mansion before we didn't have it ruined by another person. For the first ride the woman in the doom buggy in front of us kept taking flash pictures. For the second ride the man in the doom buggy behind us had a flashlight and kept pointing it at things. AH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter