Are People NICE in the Park?

sramos89

Earning My Ears
Are other disney go-er's NICE?
We went to Sea World in Tx in couple years ago and people were kinda rude. Not people that worked there, but other park go-er's. They would cut in line for shows, never say excuse me when bumping into you and alot of "me first" attitude.
Do you think since Disney is the happiest place on earth that people are different? More polite? Kinder to eachother?:hippie:

You see a bit of both. I'm usually too happy to be rude! I think some people just get a little cranky and worn out so they come off as rude. Or at least, that's what I tell myself when they're rude to me... because who would PURPOSELY be rude in the happiest place on earth?!?! Either way, they aren't raining on my parade...

You see some of both. We have met so many really nice people when we have gone to Disney World. We aren't typically outgoing, talkative people, either but going to Disney World just brings out the "chatty" in us... Of course, there are quite a few cranky folks like the PP stated, too, in the happiest place on earth, but I don't let them rain on my parade, either.

I think it can be different depending on crowd levels as well. When it's jammed people are more frustrated, and that's when you find out how nice people really are:)

I would say for the most part that people are pretty rude. Not tooting my own horn or anything but by todays standards I am VERY well-mannered and polite. I have such a thing called common courtesy, which you don't see much of anymore. Therefore, my standards may be set too high, but for me, 70% of people in the parks are rude, IMHO. People will stare you right in the face when they're just a few feet away from you. And I don't mean just a quick glance, they will stare you up and down even though they know you see them. They bump into you and don't even acknowledge they bumped in to someone. Skip you in line. Take pictures with the flashes of their cameras on in places where it's prohibited...

I really hate to sound so negative but whether you're in a place where you know every person or you're somewhere where you no absolutely no one you should still be polite and use your manners. And people just lose sight of how important it is to be kind to one another :hug: A little extra "excuse me" or "thank you" wouldn't be so bad

But then again, there are those that are very pleasant, and polite, but unfortunately they come few and far in-between.

Sorry for rambling lol :rolleyes1

I agree that yes there is a mix of Really rude and very nice people. I think I've observed that the majority of people are just there and do not stand out as rude or really nice.

You don't notice the middle of the road people. You do notice and here stories of people on both extremes. People that are really nice and give you an extra fast pass or let you into the line.
You also remember the lady that jumps into a line and pushes her way past everyone because "she" spent a lot of money on this trip and she is entitled.

It seems to me that you can spot the families that don't get out much. Maybe they are from a town where there is a lot of room and not many people so when they get to WDW they feel like sardines.

I try to do my best to spread the happiness in the Happiest Place on Earth and hope it will rub off. The funny thing is that when someone in line is Super Rude the rest of the people in line seem to bond a little as they all look at each other with that knowing glance (What an A*&^*^).

:laughing:

Couldn't it be said, though, that you kind of notice people's behavior more when you're at a place like WDW? In other words, you're dealing with a similar cross-section of people you'd run into anyplace. But because you're in a Disney mood, it kind of is very noticeable when people are rude?

It's kind of like on a holiday. You're out on, say, Christmas, and if someone's rude -- you're kind of taken aback and think, "Nice Christmas spirit!" But if it were just a Tuesday in June, you wouldn't think as much of bad behavior in others? (This example works on the assumption that you celebrate Christmas, lol.)

All that said -- we've run into both rude and extremely polite people while at WDW. But you know how the saying goes. You can't let the turkeys let you down! Enjoy your own Disney spirit!

Most adults are nice. The only drama I've ever literally encountered at a Disney park was at DL in the middle of Tomorrowland at night. Two guys were huffing and puffing and things got rough. I immediately notified 3 different CM. I mean sure, there are going to be bratty kids and parents yelling at other kids but it is to be expected at a place like Disney. Many stranger share stories and people are friendly and social. I've never personally been treated rudely by anyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter