Are people laying flowers at DW to pay their respects for the victims?

"B"Bears' Mama

Earning My Ears
We are going in a few days and would like to do this to pay our respects to the victims and their families. I know that I've seen people laying flowers on the news but I'm sure this is near Pulse. Since we won't have a car, just wondering if there are any memorial-type areas at DW.

Thank you in advance!

I would think not. Isn't the proper place for a public memorial at or near the site of the tragedy? The victims came from all walks of life, not just WDW of Universal. Should there also be public memorials outside dental offices, hospitals, banks, or grocery stores because one of the victims worked there?

Last edited:
My two cents - it can be healing to pay respects to victims of crime. Consider options other than flowers. Give blood if you are able, donate to a charity that supports survivors, take a moment to ask if you are being as compassionate to people with different beliefs as you think you should be, support your local fire, police, medical, and other first responders, and maybe avoid the tendency to use the event to further your political leanings, whatever they are. I'm not saying flowers aren't appropriate, just raising other options.

One victim came from Universal, specifically the Forbidden Journey, so, they may have flowers around that area. I know that they shut down the ride because of his death out of respect.

It would be a nice thing for people to do especially since Disney is an LGBT ally but I wouldn't think they would. Also adding if anyone is in the area and can donate blood please do.

I would think not. Isn't the proper place for a public memorial at or near the site of the tragedy? The victims came from all walks of life, not just WDW of Universal. Should there also be public memorials outside dental offices, hospitals, banks, or grocery stores because one of the victims worked there?

Agree. And considering that a memorial would probably bring up feelings of sadness and perhaps, fear, I cannot imagine Disney would allow this. It's the most magical place on Earth, right? A memorial to victims killed in the horrible shooting would not be very Disney-like. OP, I think it's great you want to do something but I agree that there might be better options.

There is also a gofund for survivors and another fund for first responders. Be very careful where you put $$ to though, because there are people who might take advantage of your kindness. Type o blood is needed.

Also, check the Orlando Sentinel, they have a full list of honors.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter