Are interconnecting rooms more noisy?

Jobelly

Mouseketeer
i can't find 2 cabins with ocean view for our family of 5 that are towards the middle of the ship so we have decided to stick with 1 cabin and book the deluxe with verandah. I'm considering two options either 9614 which is an interconnecting room and although not midline fairly towards the middle or 8628 about 8 rooms further back (daughter gets car sick which is why we're sticking to midline but don't imagine 8 rooms would make a difference) and this is not showing as an interconnecting room so is this an advantage?
Would people say it's better to have a room not interconnecting if you just want 1 room or does it not really make a difference?

I'm assuming there is no difference in room other than a random door handle!

Thanks that was really useful. Do you know if the beds are left out all the time?

Unless requested, sofa and pull down are put back during the day and turned at night.

If anything, the interconnecting rooms are almost too quiet. Those doors are so thick that if you have kids sleeping in the other room, and you want to be able to hear if there's trouble (e.g., nightmare, coughing/sneezing due to allergies, etc.), you might want to keep the door ajar.

Thanks that was really useful. Do you know if the beds are left out all the time?
If you're asking about the sofa, bunk, & Murphy beds - no. Unless you ask your room host to leave them out, they will be made up and put away every morning and reset open at the nighttime turndown service.

Last edited:
We stayed in connecting rooms. The doors have a rubber seal that keeps noise out very well. And you have two doors.

If anything, the interconnecting rooms are almost too quiet. Those doors are so thick that if you have kids sleeping in the other room, and you want to be able to hear if there's trouble (e.g., nightmare, coughing/sneezing due to allergies, etc.), you might want to keep the door ajar.
My experience on the Magic was that noise easily traveled between the doors between the rooms - I "met" my neighbor on the DIS boards but learned a little "too much" about them during the cruise

My experience on the Magic was that noise easily traveled between the doors between the rooms - I "met" my neighbor on the DIS boards but learned a little "too much" about them during the cruise

Maybe they beefed up the soundproofing for the Dream-class ships? We have never heard a peep.

just to add, if you ask the room staff they'll leave you door stops too. We could only hear in the other room a bit if one door was left open.

We had connecting rooms on the Fantasy with the other half of our group. When both inner doors were closed, we could not hear them at all. Hard to even get their attention through that door if we wanted to. The built in door stops worked well too. When we wanted the connecting doors open, they stayed open. The connecting verandas were great too.

We've had connecting rooms a couple of times on various ships. The only "problem" we ever encountered was the family next to us one time whose young son was obsessed with getting that connecting door open -- jiggling the door handle on their side, banging on it, etc. We finally asked our room steward to make them aware of it and it stopped. Otherwise, it's never been an issue and I wouldn't hesitate to get another one if it was in the location and price I wanted.

Thank you all will go ahead with connecting room as further towards midline and higher up.

In my opinion the noise level can be noticeable depending on your neighbor. I have had connecting doors and never heard a peep out of my neighbor but then again I have had connecting doors and I can hear the kids just being a bit too loud and it appeared that the sound was coming through the connecting door. For that reason only I personally prefer a non-connecting stateroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter