Are guests wearing costumes for Pirate Night???

TumFamily

Up To My Ears
I am wondering if anyone who has experienced Pirate Night has noticed guests wearing costumes.

I have purchased costumes for my DH and DS but I know they will not want to wear them, if everyone else is not.

Anyone know??? Debra pirate:

We have not gone yet (we have to wait all the way until July :hourglass ), but my DW, DD11, DD6, and I are ALL planning on wearing costumes. DD11 is trying to come up with a Wendy costume and DD6 is thinking of being Tinkerbell. DW & I aren't sure yet. Tell your DH and DS they will enjoy it even if they are the only ones other than CM's to be in costumes.

You get a pirate bandana to wear at dinner. There is a stand selling pirate gear(eyepatches,tricorn hats etc.) for kids on the deck. pirate:

We want to dress up too, DH, DD13, DD11, DS 9 and myself. I'm wondering if it would be worth having to haul everything down there for just one night. It would be like halloween, without having all the gruesome things some people wear. My younger ones get freaked out by some of the things people wear. I'd hate to haul everything down there and find out that nobody else was wearing anything costumey except the bandana that's given to you! pirate:

On my cruise last month, I saw a few kids dressed in pirate's costumes, but no adults. The adults I saw dressed up were more "tropical", like Hawaiin shirts and that's about it. Everyone gets a bandanna though!

Not dressing up!! My DS age 5 will bring his pirates hat from WDW, if I tell him why he is bringing it, he will want to dress up as Jack Sparrow, but when he turns into a skeleton!!!!

We are planning on dressing up for pirate night. Leaving in about 3 weeks. Plan early though as we are having trouble finding costumes "in stock" this time of year. pirate:

pirate: I was able to get great costumes on Ebay for my DH and DS. Nothing for my DD's -- I will keep trying!!

I picked up the eye patches, bandannas and plastic swords at walmart. I will just be looking for some cheap striped or red t-shirts to tear here and ther for effect. A little mascara smudged on the face and we will be good to go. Arrrgh!

So if DH and I go to dinner looking like this.. I guess we will be the laughingstock of the whole cruise??? :rotfl2: :smooth: pirate:
47b3ce09b3127cce9d048c06e6cb00000016108AZuWzZw3cs8

DH and I, DD-17 and DS-7 will all be sporting our pirate garb! perdidobay, I think your costumes are fabulous! I tried and tried to find my DD one like that but had no luck. I would wear those babies for sure! It just says I'm here to let down my hair and have a great time. Aye, matey! pirate:

Thanks! His shirt, vest and pants are a "village ogre" costume I found. I added the rest myself based on Jack Sparrows outfit in POTC.
MIne was your typical "tavern wench" costume.

My daughter and I will be dressing up! It was hard to find a costume online but i had good luck with buy costumes,and CDockpirates. Prices we not bad.

There were some adults dressed up & as it is around longer more people will dress up for it. If not the dinner, definantly for the party! We already had tropical outfits based on the previous theme night so we wore those & the kids wore pirate hats & DS wore an eye patch. This time the guys will wear loose white shirts & black pants with hats. I will wear black pants with a flouncy blouse & boots & I am making DD a long skirt to pair up with a ruffled top.

we all plan on dressing up- it will be fun- & you won't see these people again from the cruise-perdidobay your costumes are great- hope i can find something close to that for DH & myself!! pirate:

perdidobay said:
So if DH and I go to dinner looking like this.. I guess we will be the laughingstock of the whole cruise??? :rotfl2: :smooth: pirate:
47b3ce09b3127cce9d048c06e6cb00000016108AZuWzZw3cs8

That was us this past year for Halloween!!! My costume looks just like yours. DH was more of a Captain Hook lookalike. We would make good pirates on board. I'm not sure DH would go for it though unless it was Halloween.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter