• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are golf carts needed at FW cabins?

They are an extra $50 a day. Wondering if you really need them.
Are you the "need to be there NOW" type or will you not mind waiting a few minutes(up to say 10) for the internal bus to get to your stop? The internal buses run from very early(around 7am) to very late(around 2am) and go in continual loops from the Outpost stop(bus service to DTD, AKL, DHS, Epcot and the water parks) to Settlement(Pioneer Hall, marina and bus to WL). My understanding is that the Purple route(the bus that runs through the cabin loops) has had a slight route change so that it now goes to the Meadows area(main pool, campfire show and trading post). This would be a new change to make it easier for cabin dwellers to get to this area, I just have never tried it so i can only say that this is what I have read on the Dis.

Check out the camping forum for more info about the Fort.

Another Yes!! I really wouldn't want to be in a cabin without one. Besides my DH and kids thought it was another ride the whole time - worth the $50.00!

You can do it without one and wait for the internal bus but we loved hopping in our golf cart passing the crowd of people at the bus stop and driving up to the boat dock, store, pool etc...

LOL, we say yes also, just because they are so much fun and make your stay much more convient!

YES. We stayed in the cabins on our first trip to WDW. DIdn't reserve a cart. We ended up getting one for the last two days because it got really old waiting for the bus. We were new then and missed extra magic hour at MK.

We've done it both ways, and I also vote yes........that being said, we didn't find to difficult without one either. The carts are super fun and really add to the trip!

Depends on what you want to do. Just go to the front and the back of the resort to get the bus to go to the parks? Then no. The internal buses are fine. Ride around and see the campground itself, then yes. But I wouldn't get one for the entire stay, just the day you want to do that.

When we stayed in the cabins with extended family (most inexperience, a few newbies), I was extremely worried about the transportation. But when my daughter-in-law, who had never been outside the state of Ohio and rarely leaves her hometown, had the buses figured out on the first day, I didn't even think about it anymore.

We have done Fort Wilderness without a golf cart and are planning on doing it again in another week. I didn't think the bus system was that bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter