Are Federal and State Returns Deposited on the same day?

njmomtoone

Mouseketeer
I am in NJ. I got the Federal deposited today, but not the state. Previous years they were done on the same day. Doesn anyone know if that has changed?

I've never had them on the same day....

Each is dependent on the workload to process the returns and time it takes to get to yours. Im surprised that it worked out that way for you in the past.

I've never had them on the same day....

Each is dependent on the workload to process the returns and time it takes to get to yours. Im surprised that it worked out that way for you in the past.

I checked 2009 and 2008 and they were on the same day...probably just a fluke!

In NC our family always get our state refund first and then about a week later we get Fed.

I am in NJ. I got the Federal deposited today, but not the state. Previous years they were done on the same day. Doesn anyone know if that has changed?
I am in NJ too, and if I remember correctly, last year my federal was deposited a week or so before my state and I think it was the same the year before that. State always seems to take longer. I haven't filed my state yet because every time I tried to e-file it I would get a message saying that it couldn't be e-filed it must be printed. i have never had that happen before but, someone from my DH's job said they had the exact same problem when they tried to e-file the day before me. My federal was deposited in my account on Feb.8th, IRS said it would be the 12th but, it was early. I am going to try to e-file my state again in a week or two, hopefully it was just some kind of computer glitch the last time I tried.

I am in NJ too, and if I remember correctly, last year my federal was deposited a week or so before my state and I think it was the same the year before that. State always seems to take longer. I haven't filed my state yet because every time I tried to e-file it I would get a message saying that it couldn't be e-filed it must be printed. i have never had that happen before but, someone from my DH's job said they had the exact same problem when they tried to e-file the day before me. My federal was deposited in my account on Feb.8th, IRS said it would be the 12th but, it was early. I am going to try to e-file my state again in a week or two, hopefully it was just some kind of computer glitch the last time I tried.

Why would you wait? If you had mailed it in with the Federal and chose efile, then you'd probably have the refund by now.

NJ also.. my state came 2 weeks after my federal.

I am in New Jersey and actually got my state back about two days before the federal. Both were deposited into my bank account.

South Jersey here...my fed refund is scheduled to be deposited this Friday, but the NJ hotline says it doenst have any information on my state return yet. Not sure what to make of that. Last year, my state refund came about three days prior to fed.

In Maine they usually both come on Fridays.

My federal is due to be deposited on Friday but I keep seeing people here on the boards getting theirs early. So far mine hasn't showed up early.

I'm in IL and we got the State yesterday...the IRS website says that deposit should be in there by March 8

The 2 don't have anything to do with one another....at least not refund schedule wise.

I agree, they're not related. We got our state refund (MD) today - in 8 days. If I was getting a Federal refund, it was scheduled to be deposited tomorrow or Friday, I think, based on the tables from the IRS.

I am in NJ too. Yesterday I got the NJ refund and today the federal refund was in my account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter