• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are favors really worth it?

Do an edible favor...I always manage to munch on them throughout the wedding and then when I'm driving home!

39.jpg

I love this!

I think the best favors are edible ones! We are going to have an anniversary party/at home reception and we are going to give out chocolate fairytale lollipops - there is a castle, a cinderella, and a carriage. (We actually have the mold to make them, and it's a lot of fun.)

We are also going to give out the I'm Celebrating buttons you can get in the parks. I get them every time we go, and I have about 30 of them now. Those were free!

I love the idea of the little trees. There is a website www.greenworldproject.net that you can also order them from. I just like the free favors best.

I have baskets full of favors from my mom's wedding and my sister's wedding. They both insisted on favors, and now they're just sitting in a basket a year later! I'd stick with edible ones.

I love the little trees! and the wanderfuls! Of course the tree I got from buying Wall-E died during the winter so for a fall wedding, it might not be the best idea. I think I want to do snow globes and give them to the people sitting at the table perhaps. Or I love the mickey mouse ears. We're a pirate and a princess so we were thinking of getting pirates for all the guys and the princess one for all the girls and having them be name cards as well! might be a little $$ but we're only going to be like 40 people so not terrible.

For a "green" idea, you can always use packets of seeds for each guest. You can use seeds of your wedding flowers, or any other kind you choose. They are memorable, and good for the environment, plus, your guest can enjoy them for a while!

Plantable Seed Weddng Favors
Seed Packet Cards

Honestly I don't remember giving favors at my Disney wedding. I know we made 'gift' bags with the invites to help people prepare but I don't think we did anything at the actual wedding.

At our home recpetion we did candy bars. Hershey bars with our names and a 'thank you' note written on one side.

CD's and picture frames as well as the charitable contribution seem to be the most popular favors at wedding I've been to recently.

We did Christmas Ornaments. I hand painted them all so it was cost effective, just very time consuming. They went over well

Is there a way to get the personalized Mickey ears online? I've searched, but can't find a site...

Thanks!

Kim

How about an arrival/welcome bag instead? Then you're being polite and giving them a thank you type gift (such as a favor), but you can fill it with useful information and some snacks that they can eat and save some money with?

Has anyone ever done the refillable resort mugs as their favor, but just given them to their guests on arrival? I feel this would be nice!

We did personalized M&Ms in our colour theme, boxed 'em up and had them at the place settings - they were popular (and yummy!).

TG014699-30-08-1.jpg

In addition to that, though, we bought carbon offsets to make up for people having to travel to Florida to attend our wedding, and we got a nice reclaimed wood frame from the company with a note that our guests could learn about the donation.

TG014789-30-08-1.jpg

The downside to the saplings is that I don't know that they'd travel well in people's suitcases if they're flying home... and if they're from out of the country (pretty much all of our guests) I don't think they're allowed to take them.

To me, it was worth it to do the favours because while they didn't cost that much, they were a nice touch - and I love those little details.

I really liked this tread because we had just decided to do favors. We are doubling them as place cards. I am using this great website that does seedlings. They are really inexpesive and it's a great way to get people on the "green" train. For 50 guests we are looking at around $180.

http://www.greenworldproject.net/

We are going with the ones in the tubes. They can live in the tubes for 30 days and are easy to travel with.

We did personalized M&Ms in our colour theme, boxed 'em up and had them at the place settings - they were popular (and yummy!).

TG014699-30-08-1.jpg

In addition to that, though, we bought carbon offsets to make up for people having to travel to Florida to attend our wedding, and we got a nice reclaimed wood frame from the company with a note that our guests could learn about the donation.

TG014789-30-08-1.jpg

The downside to the saplings is that I don't know that they'd travel well in people's suitcases if they're flying home... and if they're from out of the country (pretty much all of our guests) I don't think they're allowed to take them.

To me, it was worth it to do the favours because while they didn't cost that much, they were a nice touch - and I love those little details.

Tabetha...we're doing personalized M&M's too! :) (we're getting married 9/26/09) I actually found a package of 6 "glass" slippers at my local $ store for $1 (which I had originally gotten the idea from a catalog which sold the EXACT SAME ONES for a package of 3 for $3.95) and we're putting the M&M's into the shoes then wrapping them in tulle and ribbon (which I also managed to get at the local $ store :) ) I put one together and it looks adorable! :lovestruc

We accidentally forgot our favors at home and no one even noticed! I ended up mailing them to everyone afterwards. We used these suitcase containers and put Ghiradelli chocolates inside.
Toledo011.jpg

To be honest, the Welcome Bags were a huge hit. People enjoyed having the treats and small items (like playing cards, Mickey pencils) in their rooms. For a destination wedding if you are only doing one thing I would do the Welcome Bags.

Favors are so annoying lol...like the stupid little knick knacks.

I like the personalized favors, favors that are different, and something that you know the person will use.

We did little picture frames with our engagement pictures. Every house I go to who went to our reception has the picture somewhere in the house, not in the trash, or hidden somewhere off to the side LOL!

Here was how they turned out.
DSC00991.jpg

Everybody raved about them.

Since we've been discussing the subject of whether or not favors are even necessary, I thought I would pose this question for you guys... I've been thinking about an idea for a placecard/favor: Keep in mind that we're going to have a total of about 20 to 22 people at our reception, including us...so it'll be small. Do you guys think it would look good/be appropriate/whatever if I used little frames and put a picture of the guest with either/and Mark and I in there. All of these people are family members so it shouldn't be hard to find pictures. Then, I put that picture where they should sit. I could make it known that that's what they need to look for at the reception to find their seating. What do you think? Strange idea?

112-2617.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter